10 day forecast is making me nervous!

We were in the parks 7/20-7/23 and it rained every day! The rain came in earlier than expected most days, but locals were telling me that they had had an unusually large amount of rain. Doesn't sound like it's the norm. Take a poncho or plan to buy one. Get the big outdoor rides done earlier in day. I was shocked to see the parks did not clear out as much as I would have thought during the rain!

It is absolutely the norm. It will thunderstorm most every afternoon. It's hot and you're usually drenched with sweat anyway so the wet from rain is usually a better option. The biggest inconvenience for us is that we can't often do our usual mid- afternoon few hours at the pool/ pool party. They sometimes close the pool if there's lightening.

It's going to be pretty wet the next few days as there is a tropical disturbance coming through. Nothing life threatening but lots of rain expected. 70% today and tomorrow, 60% Wed & Thurs, 50% Fri & Sat (at least that's the forecast this morning . . .). Ponchos and water proof shoes are the wardrobe staples this week!

Tropical Storm Emily will be moving through FL the next 2 days. So expect lots of on and off heavy tropical downpours

It's going to be pretty wet the next few days as there is a tropical disturbance coming through. Nothing life threatening but lots of rain expected. 70% today and tomorrow, 60% Wed & Thurs, 50% Fri & Sat (at least that's the forecast this morning . . .). Ponchos and water proof shoes are the wardrobe staples this week!
I'm wondering if the weekend will end up with no rain because of this storm. Usually when the storm is passing the winds from it suck up all the surrounding clouds. It happened to me when I went last September there was a storm off the coast and my forecast of rain everyday turned into no rain

Yes if it seems like this rainy season has been much more rainy than usual, you are right. Lakeland is running at 200% of normal. Normal for June/July is 15", after today's rain we'll be over 30", so, yes, it has been very wet since we moved in on June 1st! Many parts of Florida have recorded record amounts of rain over the last 60 days.

In a way, just typical deep south summer weather. Some years have more, some less rainfall . FL was 'extremely' dry in late winter/spring, so they have probably been grateful for the rain now.

I am so. LA and we were in FL last of Apr. early May - beautiful with one little shower.
These storms that form quickly off gulf coast can really dump the rain sometimes, but if they move quickly, not near as much.

The tropics have been relatively quiet so far this year, so I would imagine they are starting to get more active now.

I was surprised to see this low pressure system become a TS so near the gulf shores, but it has happened before.

It's now named Tropical Storm Emily http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/graphics_at1.shtml?cone#contents

I'm no expert, but it may mean a tradeoff: more ponchos, fewer crowds in the parks today.

I got a little scared for a moment, but it looks like it will have moved out of Florida by Wednesday/Thursday so that not too bad.

Honestly, there is nothing that compares to Florida rain. I mean when it rains it RAINS. But by the same token, living in the Bahamas has made Florida conditions more tolerable to me. What ends up happening alot here is like how other PPs have said about Orlando. The weather will look fine one minute, then the next it will be light rains, then it will look like the biggest storm ever is about to break but we won't get a drop. Its just a matter of being prepared for anything.

Wow, thank you all for the great responses! We aren't headed down till August 14th so I know it's still a couple weeks away. Crossing fingers for no hurricanes. I don't mind the rain in the heat at all, I'm just hoping that the trip isn't a wash out!

I was here today (DME to CSR, then DS, then AK). I had maybe a total of 1 hour of light rain. That's it. Pulled out my hat and poncho a couple times, but my shoes are even still dry! I was expecting much worse. I think the drenching rains stayed south of the area.

My brother was visiting the Keys for the first time yesterday (from England), and their day was completely washed out. Hopefully today is better for them, they have a few more days down there then up to Tampa for a day at Busch Gardens and onto Orlando for 2 weeks at WDW/Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter