10 day Hopper + 1 day

joyjoy

DIS Veteran
We'll be there 9/1-9/11 2018. We have a 10 day hopper pass, even though we'll be there 11 days. (Whyyyyyyy didn't I buy AP last year when we were there at The. Exact. Time.?) Anyway, I made FP+ selections for arrival day at HS, including *** (haha) and now we're thinking that was dumb. We should have made them for the last day, since we don't leave for the airport until 6 pm or so. So now, if I try to make FP+ for that last day, it tells me we've reached our limit. If I go back and cancel FP+ reservations for Day 1 I will probably not get *** for the last day. What to do? I'd LIKE to have been able to buy an 11 day hopper, which doesn't exist. Now it looks like all I can do is purchase 3 one-day tickets (ugh) for the last day or upgrade to AP. We were planning on a year off next year. Please help! Thanks. Oh! We are planning resort time, that's why so many days. We just don't want to take a whole park day off.

edit: The DIS censors the acronym for Alien Swirling Saucers, apparently

We'll be there 9/1-9/11 2018. We have a 10 day hopper pass, even though we'll be there 11 days. (Whyyyyyyy didn't I buy AP last year when we were there at The. Exact. Time.?) Anyway, I made FP+ selections for arrival day at HS, including *** (haha) and now we're thinking that was dumb. We should have made them for the last day, since we don't leave for the airport until 6 pm or so. So now, if I try to make FP+ for that last day, it tells me we've reached our limit. If I go back and cancel FP+ reservations for Day 1 I will probably not get *** for the last day. What to do? I'd LIKE to have been able to buy an 11 day hopper, which doesn't exist. Now it looks like all I can do is purchase 3 one-day tickets (ugh) for the last day or upgrade to AP. We were planning on a year off next year. Please help! Thanks. Oh! We are planning resort time, that's why so many days. We just don't want to take a whole park day off.

I wouldn’t buy extra tickets or upgrade to AP just to save an hour or two of time in a few queues on a single day. The official acronym for the ride in question is AS2.

I would plan a non- park day in the middle of your trip. Then you should be able to pick a park for your last day where it’s easier to get FP’s. Probably Epcot, so you could hit up the F&W Festival.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:

Do you like water parks? How about upgrading your ticket to a 10 day Park Hopper Plus? You can choose one day to explore the water parks and it doesn't count toward your ten. I've done a couple trips where the water park was part of the last day plan, which actually worked out quite well because they have showers available so you don't have to hop on the plane full of sunscreen and humidity.

Good idea for me and my gbaby5, bryanb. Unfortunately, my adult daughter doesn't do water parks. We've done TL and BB several times and she's all weird about sand and getting her face wet. Odd, since we live on the Gulf Coast, 10 mins from the beach. It's all we can do to get her in the pool on a float for half an hour. Thanks for the suggestion!

Why don't you just take a day to do universal or sea world or some junk. You'll be at Disney so long and it's not like it'll be cost effective to add the 11th day

If you're concerned about prematurely losing your day one FP+, you could temporarily cancel your FP+ for the day you care the least about or that was the easiest to get. Try to get AS2 on Day 11. When your successful at that (power of positive thinking), you can cancel Day #1 and reschedule whatever day it was that you temporarily cancelled.

Sounds like alot of work to me but could be worth it to you. Have a good trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter