10 month old too young for a Disney Cruise?

cfanney

Earning My Ears
What do you think? I have a 3 1/2 year old little girl and a 10 month old son--is he much too young for a cruise? Any advice is appreciated!

We cruised(3 day) with a then 3 1/2 yo and 8 month old. The 8 month old was actually easier than the 3 1/2 yo. ;) He loved the pool, and had a ball with our waiters. I probably wouldnt do it if I had one that young now with the new "no swimming" rule, but it went well for us before.

We took our 4 year old and 16 month old DS's. Our 4 year old had the time of his life and went to sleep every night with a huge smile on his face which made it worth it. Our 16 month old DS was pretty clueless but was easy, ate everything, slept until 9:00 am every morning. He loved running up and down deck 9 which tired him out :). I agree with the previous poster I actually think the younger they are the easier. We are going again in October and they will be 5 and 2.5 so they should run me into the ground. Good luck with your decision I say go for it!

We cruised the Magic last year with our 3 year old son and 6 month old daughter. They both had a blast! Much like buzz&woody'smom's 16 month old, DD was pretty clueless when it came to where we were, but she loved Flounder's Reef, the pool, the characters, and just riding around the ship in the stroller. She was really easy . . . so easy that we're doing it again in a couple of weeks! She's 18 months and walking, I mean . . . running, now, so we'll see if it's still easy!! IMHO, it's NEVER to young for a Disney cruise!!

I think a 10-month old in some ways is easier than an older baby....for example, we took our little DS on his first and second cruise when he was 7 and 17 months with no challenges...we just got back from the 1/9 3 day, whereby our little guy, now 20 months, experienced separation anxiety when we left him at Flounder. For the first time in 3 cruises, we were paged to come pick him up:cool:

I'm hoping 10 months will be easy! We'll have a 3 1/2 yo & a 10 month old also. The only problem will be the no pool thing, but I'm sure we'll be able to occupy to little one in other ways.

our DD cruised at age 5 months, 16 months, and 17 months. 5 months was probably the easiest, because she would sleep anywhere. it was trickier at 16 and 17 months because she got really overstimulated by what was going on on the ship, and just liked to climb up and down the stairs all the time.

but, we are taking her on the Wonder at age 20 months. I think she's really going to enjoy it.

i say, "go for it"! your 10 month old won't remember it, but it is fun to spend family time together like that!

Thanks to everyone for all your comments!!! Obviously we've never cruised with Disney before--what "no pool" is everyone talking about??? I imagine it means no kids in pool unless they are potty trained??? Not even in the kiddie pool????

no potty trained kids in the pool is the general rule on board. i have to say, though, that there is so much else going on, that we pretty much never use the pools on a ship. this will be my 8th cruise, and i've only used the pools once or twice. DD used the pool on her last cruise (non-Disney), but we could have avoided it altogether if she wasn't allowed in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter