10 YO eating off the child's menu

Marseeya

<font color=blue>Drama Magnet<br><font color=deepp
I'm travelling with a 9 yo and a 10 yo. Needless to say, we had to purchase the adult dining plan for the 10 yo, although she definitely doesn't eat like an adult.

Will we have any problems ordering food from the child's menu for her? Would we be able to do one or two of those OOP, thus saving her dining credits for a signature restaurant? We'll be eating at a couple of buffets, so those aren't the question, but restaurants like Chefs de France, WCC, and Sci Fi.

Marseeya said:
I'm travelling with a 9 yo and a 10 yo. Needless to say, we had to purchase the adult dining plan for the 10 yo, although she definitely doesn't eat like an adult.

Will we have any problems ordering food from the child's menu for her? Would we be able to do one or two of those OOP, thus saving her dining credits for a signature restaurant? We'll be eating at a couple of buffets, so those aren't the question, but restaurants like Chefs de France, WCC, and Sci Fi.
This is what we did.. as we read the menus i allowed my dd to decide if she wanted to order of the adult menu. if she didn't want to, we ordered off the kids menu, paid OOP and saved her adult credits for our last meal.

My 10 yo is really excited about being an adult, even though Mom and Dad weren't so excited about paying the adult's prices. :teeth: Every time we go to a restaurant, she'll take one look at the adult menu and pass on it in favor of the kid meals.

I thought I read somewhere on the boards that some of the older kids were able to order adult size portions of the kids menu at some restaurants. I do know that at Olivia's last summer, my DS 12 was able to order the adult pasta meal totally plain (literally butter and noodles!LOL). I'd bet that there are a fair share of kids in the 10-12 age range that would prefer the kids' menu. My DS 10, however, was thrilled to know that he could try the adult menu this year.

When we were at WDW last summer, the servers often automatically gave my DD11 a kid's menu, even though we had paid adult for her. It worked out fine, though, 'cause she'd order something from the kid's menu (usually mac and cheese) while her brother (7) ordered salmon off the adult menu! :sunny:

We're not on the dining plan, but my 10 yr old is definitely hoping she'll be able to order off the kids menu still. She'll probably order chicken nuggets every day!!!

Hey Marseeya - we leave in 13 more days too! Can't wait! See ya there!!!

Hi Marseeya- :wave: (so use to seeing you at the Community board)

I'm so glad this was brought up. We have the free Dining and DS10 can eat an adult meal, but looking over the menu, a few places he will be more interested in the foods on the kids menu. I really don't need to save the credits, I will just want to be able to use his TS credit, but possibly on the 3-9 age menu.

Evil Queen said:
Hi Marseeya- :wave: (so use to seeing you at the Community board)

I'm so glad this was brought up. We have the free Dining and DS10 can eat an adult meal, but looking over the menu, a few places he will be more interested in the foods on the kids menu. I really don't need to save the credits, I will just want to be able to use his TS credit, but possibly on the 3-9 age menu.

:wave2: I've been hanging at the trip planning boards more and more now that my trip is so close. :teeth:

We need to save credits for one signature meal at CA Grill. I mean, we don't need to, but we want to get the best use out of our credits. The only thing DD really likes on any adult menu is fetuccini alfredo -- other than that, forget it.

Marseeya said:
:wave2: I've been hanging at the trip planning boards more and more now that my trip is so close. :teeth:

We need to save credits for one signature meal at CA Grill. I mean, we don't need to, but we want to get the best use out of our credits. The only thing DD really likes on any adult menu is fetuccini alfredo -- other than that, forget it.

Oh that sounds nice. My DS10 was giving me some faces when I first was talking about the dining. SO I just made the ressies mainly for myself and the other adults. Most places I looked at, I thought "He won't touch a thing off the adult menu, but he'd like that off the child's menu." Our Quick Counter Services meals will be more to his liking, so it will be one of those "Well, G, you had such and such CS there, so we are doing TS here." The only places he showed real interest was ESPN Club and All Star Cafe.

My son will be nine on this trip, but will be 10 a week after we get home. I wound up upgrading his reservation and dining plan to make him an 10 year old (and since the plan is free when we're going), since I keep reading they are going to change the dining plan so that the credits won't be pooled anymore but, instead, separated into adult and children's credits. Anyways, my thinking was that he'll probably order off the children's menu since he's very picky. And, I will pay for his children's meals OOP. We'll use those additional 8 credits for a signature meal and another extra meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter