$100 for your Disney Vacation Photos!!!

T.E. Yeary

The Timeshare Store, Inc
The Timeshare Store, Inc. will be publishing a new brochure shortly. We thought it would be fun to use the photos taken at Walt Disney World and the DVC properties by the DISboard members for our publication. If your photo or photos are selected they will be published in our brochure along with your name as the photographer. We will also send you $100 for each photo published along with the brochure showing your photographic skills.

Send your favorite digital photos on a disc to:

The Timeshare Store, Inc.
5430 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, Florida 32821

Please include information as to the location in each picture along with your name, address, e-mail, DISboard name, and phone number in case we have any questions concerning the pictures themselves.

We will NOT be able to return the disc to you, so make sure it's a copy of your favorite pictures and not the original.

Your disc must be received in our office by June 15, 2006. _______________________________________________________________

I have been so impressed with the photos taken by our board members that it seems only fair that others can enjoy your vacation fun and photo skills.

Sincerely,
Tom Yeary
Owner/Broker

What's the minimum resolution you need? Also the deadline of June 15th is really tight for people who resides outside the USA.

How exactly can you do this seeing as no one is allowed to profit from their disney photos?

I've never heard of that but I suppose I could donate the money to Disney. I just thought it would be a fun thing and am certainly not trying to violate any rules. Some folks on the DVC Forums said they'd be happy just to be published. Maybe others feel the same way. Feel free to PM with your thoughts and suggestions.

Tom :sunny:

Hi Tom,

I would be happy to be published, it's a great feeling to see your photos in print!

There are some issues to be clarified, like:
will Disney have a problem with it;
what resolution and format, jpg, pdf, etc;
who keeps the copyrights to the photos;
exclusive, nonexclusive, one time, etc.
will the list of selected photos be posted on DisBoards;

If these can be addressed I would certainly be up for submitting some photos. Maybe we can trade them for DVC points!

thanks,

boB

boB

I think its a cool idea, Im just repeating what was told to me,
I dont think disney would care.
Id love to have my pics published

I would assume the following:

1. copyright held by the photographer(s)
2. one time
3. non-exclusive
4. at $100 per photo, it's more like a compensation for the photographer to photograph something, not necessarily Disney. At least that's my rate for weddings, per hour, not including prints etc.

boBQuincy said:
Hi Tom,

I would be happy to be published, it's a great feeling to see your photos in print!

There are some issues to be clarified, like:
will Disney have a problem with it;
what resolution and format, jpg, pdf, etc;
who keeps the copyrights to the photos;
exclusive, nonexclusive, one time, etc.
will the list of selected photos be posted on DisBoards;

If these can be addressed I would certainly be up for submitting some photos. Maybe we can trade them for DVC points!

thanks,

boB

boB

If Disney has a problem with it, we may have to pay you in Disney Dollars, how could they object to that??? Basically we would be paying them. Everybody wins!! What do you think??? I didn't think this would be any kind of legal issue, if you think there is something I should be concerned about let me know. I just felt like it's my company brochure and there should be no reason why I can't put my DIS friends vacation photos in it if I want to.

I've put in a call to the graphic artist to let me know about the resolution required. I will post as soon as I hear back from her. Being the photo dummy that I am, I figured as long as it's on a disc it will be fine but since I'm getting these questions, I obviously don't know as much as I thought I did.

As for as rights to the photos, what do you think is fair??? I only know that I'll be printing 10,000 brochures. Webmaster Corey does our website and used some of the photos from our last brochure in it. If they are really good we may want to use them again. I've never done this before so I'm not sure how this should be handled. We certainly wouldn't be selling the pictures to anyone. I'm open for suggestions!

I don't know if any of you have seen our latest brochure or not, but it's a 16 page glossy booklet that's very well done and I would think that any of you would be proud to have your pictures in it. I made this offer today on the DVC Forums first because the people over there know us really well and they love to share their pictures with everyone on the DVC Boards. I got to wondering whether the DIS has a Photography Board and lo and behold there it was, so I made my post. You folks sound like you're very professional and obviously have some very good questions that I am having a hard time answering. Maybe I'm in over my head!!! Any help or education you can give me will be well received and much appreciated!

Thanks, :sunny:
Tom

Kelly Grannell said:
I would assume the following:

1. copyright held by the photographer(s)
2. one time
3. non-exclusive
4. at $100 per photo, it's more like a compensation for the photographer to photograph something, not necessarily Disney. At least that's my rate for weddings, per hour, not including prints etc.

How about this, when you send in your photo, just mention what your terms are and we will abide by them???????? My biggest thing is getting the brochure done ASAP. Anything else and we would be asking your permission anyway. It's very bad PR to cheat people so there's no way I'd risk my business or reputation for a few pictures.

T.E. Yeary said:
How about this, when you send in your photo, just mention what your terms are and we will abide by them???????? My biggest thing is getting the brochure done ASAP. Anything else and we would be asking your permission anyway. It's very bad PR to cheat people so there's no way I'd risk my business or reputation for a few pictures.

Hi Tom,

If what I wrote sound like accusing you of cheating people, I sincerely apologize.

Please don't take my post the wrong way, all I'm saying that for the amount your paying, it's a fair amount for what you're doing (which I assume under items 1-3). Number 4 refers to the part that Disney should not see this as a problem because it's more like paying somebody to do a project for an hour for you.

Unless you're making a cover (which obviously requires larger files), then the usual fees are ranging between $100 to $200. Larger files for stock photography usually runs around $200 to $500. Poster size $500 and up. Exclusive rights for one year around $2000 (and you'll get the file printable up to 20"x30" at up to 200 dpi).

Please keep in mind that the above is the info I gathered from several photographers who sell their photos either through an agent or directly on the web.

Again, I do think for your needs (brochures, 10,000 run) $100 per picture is a fair price. This is my personal opinion. :cloud9:

Cheers,
Kelly :grouphug:

T.E. Yeary said:
The Timeshare Store, Inc. will be publishing a new brochure shortly. We thought it would be fun to use the photos taken at Walt Disney World and the DVC properties by the DISboard members for our publication. If your photo or photos are selected they will be published in our brochure along with your name as the photographer. We will also send you $100 for each photo published along with the brochure showing your photographic skills.

Send your favorite digital photos on a disc to:

The Timeshare Store, Inc.
5430 Central Florida Parkway
Orlando, Florida 32821

Please include information as to the location in each picture along with your name, address, e-mail, DISboard name, and phone number in case we have any questions concerning the pictures themselves.

We will NOT be able to return the disc to you, so make sure it's a copy of your favorite pictures and not the original.

Your disc must be received in our office by June 15, 2006. _______________________________________________________________

I have been so impressed with the photos taken by our board members that it seems only fair that others can enjoy your vacation fun and photo skills.

Sincerely,
Tom Yeary
Owner/Broker

I would offer the opinion that if you are brokering DVC properties then advertising photos are to be expected. Any photos of disney are obviously intended to lure Disney people. I can not see them complaining about that.

I am not sure my photos would make the cut but I sure would be flattered to be considered. I will look for the address to send a CD.

Mikeeee

Did you run this one by Pete before posting it? If so, you should add that to your OP; if not, you would be best to do so.

to avoid any hassle for people selling disney pictures, why not make it a photography contest,

the winning photographers receive 100 dollars for each picture chosen,

you can set the rules up, such as you getting the right to use the photos for 1 year...or whatever you want to make it, anyone entering must agree to the rules in order to be printed and receive their prize

OK, it's a photo contest and every picture chosen for the brochure will get $100.

still, you haven't given us the specs. :confused3

Regardless, it's already too late for overseas photographers to join in. If even by now we still don't know what resolution you need, what format, what colour space, forget about being able to ship anything to you in time for the deadline. :rolleyes2

sigh. don't mean to be a pain, there is no way anybody outside the US can send their submission in the form of CD if even to this moment you haven't specified any kind of requirements whatsoever. Unless they want to spend $40 or so to send their submission express. :guilty:

don't know what else to say. :sad2:

This is the reply from my graphic designer.

The minimum acceptable resolution should be at least 200 DPI for print
> - 300 DPI would be ideal.

I sure hope this means something to you because it's greek to me. :guilty:

We will only use those shots that come to us on a disc. We want to be able to make sure credit goes to the right person and this will be a help to us.

I really do thank you for the interest you've shown in our "contest". My biggest problem will be deciding which photos to use. I've seen some of your work and must say, "I was impressed!"

I am not a professional photographer by a long shot, just a mom who loves taking photos of the kids at WDW. I think this sounds like lots of fun. I don't care what the compensation is or if there is any, just to be choosen is fine for me. Keep the copyright to my photos if you think they are that great. No problems!

Thank you for offering to have this and I do think it is great to use your DISBoard friends.

T.E. Yeary said:
This is the reply from my graphic designer.

The minimum acceptable resolution should be at least 200 DPI for print
> - 300 DPI would be ideal.

I sure hope this means something to you because it's greek to me. :guilty:

We will only use those shots that come to us on a disc. We want to be able to make sure credit goes to the right person and this will be a help to us.

I really do thank you for the interest you've shown in our "contest". My biggest problem will be deciding which photos to use. I've seen some of your work and must say, "I was impressed!"

Tom,

sorry for being such a pain. But I think your graphic designer doesn't know anything about photo files. 200 DPI to 300 DPI, okay, then at what size the picture is going to be printed? what file format? .TIF? .JPG? .BMP? .PDF?

If I have to work with that graphic designer, I will already smash his head to the desk. He gives you such little and useless information so nobody can actually enter this 'contest'.

Oh well, you know where you can find my pictures, just let me know exactly what your graphic designer wants and should you choose any of my pic, I'll send you the highest resolution file.

After all, sending the CD from outside the US is already a moot point as of 2 days ago (it takes up to 15 business days for a package to arrive from Canada to US, the same goes from Australia to the US, and about 10 business days from UK to the US).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter