11/2 VP Pence @ GF - Resort Monorail Disruption?

cinderlexa's mom

Happily addicted to WDW
Any experience with secret service & monorail service? I know they show up days prior to scope the place out...will there be any disruptions to monorail through the GF?

Thinking maybe a VP has been at a Disney monorail resort and someone has had prior experience?

Just need to know if I should plan for alternative transportation options...

If it's too much of a disruption, they may run busses. Or his family may not use the monorail and instead use private transport. We happened to be at MK for MVMCP when Michelle Obama and the girls were there. We wouldn't have known really except for some extra security because they were pretty sequestered off from the rest of the crowd.

I kind of doubt the Vice President of the United States will be riding the monorail. LOL I'm guessing he'll be transported around in his billet proof black sedan with his motorcade of secret service in tow. I would assume you will see plenty of men in suits with ear pieces around the resort. I wouldn't anticipate it impacting transportation at all.

I've heard rumors of the monorail being shut down for these types of visits. Just looking for first hand experience.

They may discontinue the GF monorail stop for a few hours that day.

Wondering if the monorail service was affected at all during Obama/Romney visit to CR in 2012.

Anyone following, love_the_dis reported on the other thread that monorail & other traffic was disrupted by Obama's visit--so it will probably be the same for VP Pence Since he has a very similar detail

We were at WDW when then President Bush was there, giving a speech at the Contemporary. ALL TRANSPORTATION in the MK area was completely shut down for about 25-30 minutes. I had gone to Ft Wilderness a few minutes ahead of my parents, husband and son to pick up our tickets to the Hoop de Doo. I made it across the lake. The rest of my family was stuck on the boat dock at MK.

They did hold the start of the show for a few minutes, because we clearly were not the only party caught up in this snafu.

I would absolutely plan on transportation disruptions in the entire MK area.

I kind of doubt the Vice President of the United States will be riding the monorail. LOL I'm guessing he'll be transported around in his billet proof black sedan with his motorcade of secret service in tow. I would assume you will see plenty of men in suits with ear pieces around the resort. I wouldn't anticipate it impacting transportation at all.

It doesn’t matter if he rides the monorail or not. Similarly to how multiple roads are shut down when any VP or President is visiting a city, all transportation in or out of a resort where the VP is present could be cut off for a period of time. When they come to our city, complete blocks forming a perimeter are shut down and no vehicle can come or leave until they are in a specific location.

I recall accounts of this in the past at Disney resorts related to Bush/Obama. VP will be a very similar situation. All transportation was definitely shut down for a period of time. Expect disruptions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter