• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

11 Year Old Christmas Gifts (or any Tweens really)

mmbrad02

DIS Veteran
I think I started a thread similar to this last year (most likely for 10 year olds :) ) And I always love to see what other people are doing. At our house we are done with a lot of toys, but not quite in the teen phase of gifts yet either, so this year is another tricky year. My DD does make an amazon list though so that does help! Actually now that I look at it she has quite an extensive list!

Here are some things we have going on her list:

Her birthday is next week and for that we are repainting her room and new bedding. New decor on the walls. So on her Christmas list will be more decor or supplies she didn't get for her birthday. This includes a saucer chair, some wall decor, a wax melter thing, lights for her perimeter, etc.

Apple Airpods
She didn't mention it but if airpods are coming, mostly likely a fun case for them, as well as a charging stand that can accommodate her ipad and Apple pencil
Fidgets. All the fidgets.
Fuzzy Crocs
Nike Air Force 1's (I dont' think she has a clue how expensive these are, so they may not rank very high if she realized it....)
An inflatable lounger thing that looks kinda like a hotdog shape to me
Roblox Giftcards
Claire's Giftcards
Squishmallows
Fuzzy socks
Backpack style purse
a couple of chapter books
a new softball bag and water bottle
Case of individual size bags of Taki's. Why are all things HOT so important at this age?!

"Santa" has always brought a board game too so whether it's on the list or not, it will be there. Right now he is eying Roblox Monopoly but that is subject to change.

So what's on your tween kiddos Christmas lists?

I think I started a thread similar to this last year (most likely for 10 year olds :) ) And I always love to see what other people are doing. At our house we are done with a lot of toys, but not quite in the teen phase of gifts yet either, so this year is another tricky year. My DD does make an amazon list though so that does help! Actually now that I look at it she has quite an extensive list!

Her birthday is next week and for that we are repainting her room and new bedding. New decor on the walls. So on her Christmas list will be more decor or supplies she didn't get for her birthday. This includes a saucer chair, some wall decor, a wax melter thing, lights for her perimeter, etc.

Apple Airpods
She didn't mention it but if airpods are coming, mostly likely a fun case for them, as well as a charging stand that can accommodate her ipad and Apple pencil
Fuzzy Crocs
Nike Air Force 1's (I dont' think she has a clue how expensive these are, so they may not rank very high if she realized it....)
Roblox Giftcards
Claire's Giftcards
Squishmallows
Fuzzy socks
Backpack style purse
Case of individual size bags of Taki's. Why are all things HOT so important at this age?!

"Santa" has always brought a board game too so whether it's on the list or not, it will be there. Right now he is eying Roblox Monopoly but that is subject to change.

So what's on your tween kiddos Christmas lists?
For the AirPod case I recommend velvet caviar! Very fun designs! I actually have a very nice black with rose gold flower design but we got my cousin a really cool blue tie dye one!

As usual, I have no idea what 11 year old DS is getting. I've bought a couple of stocking stuffers (backpack organizer and a couple of bird feeders from the Walmart clearance aisle, they are studying birds in science this semester). He loves the onesie pjs but I can't find any in his size that aren't too young for him theme-wise.

He's had a huge growth spurt so long pants are on the list. Other than that, whenever I ask him I just get :confused3.

My kids are turning 10 beginning of November and figuring out what to get them for their bday was hard enough, I have NO CLUE what to get them for Christmas, especially my daughter.

We have really cut down on the presents since our kids are now 12,13 &16 and are giving more gifts that are experiences instead of stuff. I usually get them new socks (running joke), a new shirt or two and a tech gadget. Then we have done in the past theater tickets, concert tickets, iFLY gift certificates, etc. We got Green Day tickets in 2019 for a concert in 2020 that they finally go to go to this past august 2021 and had such a great time. I even did a Disney cruise where I made it a puzzle with small wrapped random items (ice cube tray, rubber bands, socks, etc) that they had to use the first letter of each item and figure out it spelled DISNEY CRUISE.

I asked my 15 year old daughter for some hints on what she might want for Christmas. Her answer was: I don't need anything and I can't think of anything. She's never been an "I want" kind of kid, so it's a challenge finding something to get her at birthday's and Christmas time.

After much discussion, we're getting her some warm socks, some base layers for the winter weather and stocking staffers. Beyond that, our trip to Iceland in April is our family gift.

To add .. they are saying it's going to be a tough year getting items. I dont know what to get.
I think I'm going to redo the boys room and get them stuff for that... not that that's fun. New posters and stuff as well
Mine are DS11 and ds 14
Mostly they want Nintendo gift cards

He loves the onesie pjs but I can't find any in his size that aren't too young for him theme-wise.

check out target and walmart under either 'adult' or 'family' halloween costumes. that's where i've found onsies over the years for mine (he could maybe wear an adult small?)-the jack skellington was a huge hit one year, super mario another.

Apple Airpods
Fuzzy Crocs
Roblox Giftcards
Claire's Giftcards
Squishmallows
Fuzzy socks
Backpack style purse
I have an 11 yo girl ajd I wanted to say your list is spot on and all things we have gotten in the last year!!

The room painting was my daughters 11th birthday gift in July. There are a few accessories left to get which are on the list.

She got the AirPods with her 10th birthday $$ and the case and chargers last Christmas…

She got a new basketball bag last Christmas as well and nee basketball slides for her birthday in July!!

Her Christmas list this year is off the hook - asking for sideline tickets to a Celtics game, a cavadoodle puppy, an Oculus VR set etc…a family gift to see the Celtics is being considered - but not the rest!

some other ideas…Lego Friends set, Facial products / real makeup, scented shower steamers , a massage gun , an Emersion blender for smoothies, Trendy clothes and shoes (she just used birthday gifts to buy Vans, but still wants new converse and uggs)

[
I have an 11 yo girl ajd I wanted to say your list is spot on and all things we have gotten in the last year!!

The room painting was my daughters 11th birthday gift in July. There are a few accessories left to get which are on the list.

She got the AirPods with her 10th birthday $$ and the case and chargers last Christmas…
/QUOTE]

Awesome! Does she have the original AirPods or the Pro? For her age I tend to lean toward the original for my daughter but wonder if the Pro's would fit her ears better.

My daughter is 16. She's still into LEGO's but the difficult ones like Ninjago Garden City. I'll be picking that up using my LEGO points. She has also gotten a Marvel Loungefly from Disney. Months ago I picked up a Hollister denim jacket (it was 50%...I was thrilled!), some flannels from AE, hot chocolate bombs, makeup. The only other thing is a laptop, which I'll be getting soon.

My daughter (and her older brother) both have the regular AirPods with wired charging … We don’t know many kids with the pro…it’s a high risk loss item - did not seem like a good use of extra dollars to either one of them!

Chromebooks were Christmas gifts in 2019 (for my then 9 and 13 year olds)…they were a huge hit…a laptop or Chromebook is a great idea if you don’t have one already!

DD is also 10 turning 11 very soon.

Her list is really short. Houston Astro's stuff (she collects bobbleheads and wants a jersey) and a phone. I also got her the mini Lego Disney Castle, a Switch game, a new tennis racket, and a few board games (Cards of Humanities for families and 5 second rule). That will be all be Christmas. For her birthday we are doing a trip. We are definitely in the experiences over things stage here! It's a hard age for sure.

Her list is really short. Houston Astro's stuff (she collects bobbleheads and wants a jersey) and a phone. I also got her the mini Lego Disney Castle, a Switch game, a new tennis racket, and a few board games (Cards of Humanities for families and 5 second rule). That will be all be Christmas. For her birthday we are doing a trip. We are definitely in the experiences over things stage here! It's a hard age for sure.

thumbs up to experiences!!

in 2019 - thefamily got tickets to see Dude Perfect…we finally just went last week! Ha!

This year we are looking at tickets to a Celtics game…

My daughter (and her older brother) both have the regular AirPods with wired charging … We don’t know many kids with the pro…it’s a high risk loss item - did not seem like a good use of extra dollars to either one of them!

THIS! I didn't want to spend what the Pros would cost. I personally have Pros and love them, but I am 41 and (most days) very responsible :) My DD is 11. And her responsibly is still developing :) The only thing that I questioned was would the Pros fit her ears better than the regular, but I still think we will start with the regular pair.

Just added 5 Second Rule to our list. I had never heard of it but the description sounds like a lot of fun!

Also, I am normally a huge fan of Experience gifts, but I guess Covid left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth about giving them. I need to snap out of that!

THIS! I didn't want to spend what the Pros would cost. I personally have Pros and love them, but I am 41 and (most days) very responsible :) My DD is 11. And her responsibly is still developing :) The only thing that I questioned was would the Pros fit her ears better than the regular, but I still think we will start with the regular pair.

Just added 5 Second Rule to our list. I had never heard of it but the description sounds like a lot of fun!

Also, I am normally a huge fan of Experience gifts, but I guess Covid left a little bit of a bad taste in my mouth about giving them. I need to snap out of that!

I think even with COVID concerns - there are some good experience gifts! We have a giant outdoor ropes course an hour from here - definitely on the experience gift list! (Sometimes the gift may even include a friend) And not something that involves crowds / strangers! White water rafting is also on our list!

Oh I totally get that! After having so many things canceled it's really hard to plan again. After 18 months of this though we are all itching to go DO things. Some things are easier to plan than others. We are taking a giant leap of faith with theatre tickets but giving DD gift cards to her favorite ice cream place and outdoor mini golf place should be easy enough.

I'm trying to avoid buying things just for the sake of buying them this year but I can already tell I'm going to be sad with not much under the tree.

My DD is very similar…
fidgets
squishmallows
earrings (or Claire’s gift cards)
slime
funko pops
paint pens

should add… only small items allowed on list as our plan is to spend Christmas at Disney, and that is the real gift. Otherwise, just stocking size items. Not sure squishmallow really count, but she said “ just the 8” ones”

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter