12/7 anyone ready yet?

AnnMorin

<font color=babyblue>I HATE SNOW!!!<br><font color
I have not even pulled out the summer clothes. It is in the high 20's right now with flurries which makes it hard to motivate oneself. I feel like just hibernating next to the fireplace. So much to do and I have only completeed the christmas cards. I have not even bought film yet. Is everyone flying out friday like us? We are at the Amerisuites at MCO wish I had done the radisson, oh well next year. Are we still on for 3:15 by the goofypool bar?

Ann...

I'm not ready yet either. Do have a large number of things / clothes gathered at "cruise central" (an area in our basement). Today is ironing day... so that tomorrow we can finish the packing!!

We are flying in on Friday also then staying in Cocoa Beach in a condo near Ocean Landings.

We'll all be coming to the port together in the morning (all 19 of us!) I cant wait to see the looks on people's faces when we all pile out of this huge motor home at the port. Crazy!

Supposed to get very cold here this weekend... so i am sure we'll all be ready to be gone from this icey place!

Ok... so off to the ironing! YUK!

Jodie

I have to get through an out-of-town wedding tomorrow, a class party for my daughter next week, work and packing...but I will be READY when the time comes. :)

See you all soon! :)

Well, it looks like I am ahead of the curve. I am about half packed already :D

I do, however, need to get my son a haircut and I guess I should stop by the collin clerk office sometime next week for his BC. Since my daughter is staying home with hubby, I will need to leave him specific instructions for him - she is going to be a very busy girl while I am gone with Linesman school, soccer games and birthday parties...I feel kinda sorry for him.... NOT ;)

I am flying in early Friday, but will be at the Contemporary. We are doing MVMCP on the 6th- woo hoo !!! Only 7 more days to go.... I can't believe it :)

We are packed and leave tomorrow to stay at OKW, then off to Port Canaveral next Saturday! Hope the weather is nice the next couple of weeks and are keeping our fingers crossed for no delays or cancelations (hint).

I didn't even think we were due for snow today so I guess I will pull out the summer clothes and see how much stain out I need to buy for Mike's things

I haven't even started packing a thing! I have a list in my mind of things I need to do, and the list keeps getting longer but I have had no time to get it done. I told DH last night that he will have to be responsible for his mom's needs this week, as I will not have time. If figure he can do that much, since I am doing everything else!

We are flying in Thursday afternoon, staying at the GF for 2 nights, doing MVMCP on Friday night also, hoping to do the Candleight Processional on Thursday if we arrive and get settled in time.

Not sure what time we are leaving on Saturday morning, it all depends on when SIL gets ready. I am hoping for a 10:30 departure, though.

Mickey's Very Mery Christmas Party at Walt Disney World! :) It's a separate event held certain nights at the Magic Kingdom and it's a BLAST; we go every year in December either before or after our cruise. :)

It's the only time my daughter ever gets to see "snow" as it snows on Main Street druing the event. ;)

Ready? The cruise isn't for a week! Why even start thinking about it yet? No worries, be happy!
MVMCP is very very cool :)

Well, My DW helped me finish up my packing.
It will be her turn this weekend. We're flying down on Friday and staying at the BCV's. We'll be attending MVMCP that evening and of course catch an early breakfast Saturday and head over to the Port.

Hopefully see you all @3:15.

I do have one major concern.

I had read a post recently that said that DCL will be bringing in a new crew for 12/7/02. This was being done so that the crew sailing on the past two trips can recover.

How fast can they actually train the crew to take care of us in the same fashion of which we're accustomed? I do hope that post was incorrect as I certainly don't feel like being a ginnie pig.

Has anyone heard differently?

Pat

Pat, I'm not sure where you saw that but it's basically impossible to replace the entire crew on such short notice. :)

See you next Saturday! :)

Well I have everything thrown into one room at least! LOL
We signed on a new house today (completion of house won't be until April), so that is taking up more of my time than I thought! Spent an entire day at a design center picking out carpet, flooring etc! Needless to say, I am more than ready for this vacation...meaning getting AWAY!:)
We are flying out Friday morning and staying at the Radisson at the Port. Looking forward to meeting all of you for sure at the pool area at 3:15 on sailing day. Sure I will see some of you at Avis though! LOL

I got a thrill just looking at Ann and Jodie's countdowns! SEVEN DAYS!!!!

Lisa

I am gathering all the clothes to pack, trying very hard not to overpack as I did last year..we will be flying out Thurs morning staying at BCV and then going to MVMCP that nite ( the weather channel has been forcasting rain & cold)...I feel so bad about the 11/30 cruisers and hope that some of them will be on our sailing..we (our family) have been very concerned over the Norwalk Virus and even thought about not going but with DCL decision to take the ship out for a through cleaning for this week feel a little better about it..lost our excitment and now this day finally getting it back thanks to Michele as she has made me feel much better and all her info re the CDC & other info she has provided has been invaluable...Thanks Michele see you at the 3:15 meet I hope..see you all in 7 days..Marianne

Hi everyone.. we're on the Dec.7th sailing and just wanted to introduce myself... this is our 4th Disney cruise and we're definate addicts. Thank you Michelle for your great info gathering regarding the Norwalk-virus affecting the Magic. It's helped with our recent anxieties, as we are travellilng with a 15 mo old, a five year old and grandma and grandpa who are in their 80's. We are arriving Friday night and staying at the airport Hyatt and taking a leisurely morning to arrive to the port. Hope to gather lots of tips prior to the trip from you seasoned veterans!
Tresha (who has no idea how to send this message, but hope it works!)

Welcome Tresha!

I have a stupid question, but have to ask. Since DCL is replacing all bedding and pillows, do you think the pillows will be soft or will they be firm due to not being used? We all like our soft pillows that we can bunch up under our heads, and usually we pack our pillows every vacation, but for some reason DH has decided that we are not bringing an extra suitcase this time just for pillows:rolleyes: :p . Any predictions?

(like I said, a stupid question, and I realize no one knows for sure, but was just wondering :) )

I think that maybe today I will start to think about packing...what the heck I don't leave till tuesday PLENTY of time!

We'll be right there with you with our 9-mo. old infant daughter. We finished packing yesterday, and with the %^$# white stuff falling in Chicagoland today, we can't wait -- virus or no!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter