12 nts@ Hard Rock Hotel (Part Six)

pauldents

DIS Veteran
Friday 22nd September (Day 10) Pool and MNSSHP :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :thumbsup2

DSC04258.jpg

Woke at 8.15am. Down to the pool for 9.30am. For a Friday morning it wasn't very busy. Usually the pool area is empty for most of the week and the weekend mornings. If you want some peace and quiet and a nice relaxing swim, get down to the pool first thing in the morning as they won't put the music on till around 10am and it is always empty. Most people go over to the parks first and then hit the pool later in the afternoon. During our stay we did the exact opposite.

DSC04257.jpg

We had a beach club lunch, then went back to the room for 2.00pm and made sure Hannah got at least a couple of hours sleep before a long night at MNSSHP. We left the room at 4.45pm and headed over to the contemporary resort. Hannah was dressed as 'Alice in Wonderland' for her big halloween party! We parked the car right across the street from Space Mountain and the walked over(5 mins)to the MK.

DSC04259.jpg

Leaving the HRH

DSC04273.jpg

On arrival at the park (5.15pm), the MNSSHP CM's were very visible in their bright orange shirts and we had orange bands put on our wrists. We picked up a stroller (included in the price of your MNSSHP ticket) and headed up main Street USA. At the top of Main Street we stopped to grab a couple of bottles of water and to take some photos. We could see a lot of Disney employees directing people without orange wristbands towards the park exit.

DSC04261.jpg

At around 6.00pm we headed on over to the *All new renovated* Pirates of the Caribbean. Walking over there a lot of people commented on how cute Hannah looked, which was nice. Fortunately this time the wait was only five minutes for Pirates. Anyway this is basically the same ride as before, but with Jonny Depp in a few places. Still, nice to see an old Disney classic getting spruce up.

DSC04263.jpg

Then it was over to Fantasy Land. Hannah got to ride Dumbo and the Golden Carrousel. Both had around five minute waits and at this time (7.00pm) the CM's were still trying to clear out any stragglers who didn't have the MNSSHP orange arm bands on. We went over to Pooh Bears wood and noticed a line for the candy. Hannah got to do her first bit of trick or treating and loved it.

DSC04266.jpg

We then went over to the Liberty Tree Tavern for our 7.55pm reservation. We arrived a little early at 7.35pm. At the check-in desk they were turning people away because they were already sold out. We were seated up in the back of the restaurant within around ten minutes. The service was very good and friendly. During our meal, the characters (Minnie, Pluto, Goofy and the chipmunks dressed in Halloween costumes) visited our table twice and there was plenty of character interaction.

DSC04265.jpg

DSC04267.jpg

DSC04268.jpg

The food was what I would describe as a traditional type food, probably similiar to what you would have as a "Sunday Roast" and it was great to have a break from the steaks, as nice as they are :teeth: . Bread and salad in a vinegarette dressing was brought to the table to start, then for our main we had a platter of beef, turkey and ham with stuffing, a bowl of mash potato, a bowl of green beans and a gravy boat. The server explained we could have more food brought to the table, but we opted to go straight to our desert *honest* ;) which was an apple cobbler . The food was a really nice change. The check total was $74.00 and I would rate this dining experience eight out of ten.

DSC04264.jpg

After our meal we walked back over to Fantasy Land and rode Snow Whites Scary Adventures. Fantasy land was now packed. There was a "Get up and Boogie" disco :cool1: :cool1: over by Dumbo's and the kids loved dancing with the characters. We then headed over to Toon Town and rode Goofy's Barnstormer (rollercoaster). This ride had no wait and kids under 40" in height can go on it, so Hannah got to ride it. During the ride we noticed the "Alice" character over by the pathway at the side of the railway and as Hannah was in her Alice costume we had to get a photo of them together.

DSC04269.jpg

The walkway leading up to tomorrowland from the train station had a few candy stations, so the bag was full upon reaching TL. We then walked over to the front of the castle and by this time the Hallowishes fireworks had started. Not to sure if these fireworks were different from last year, but this time they seemed a lot better?

DSC04270.jpg

We then watched the Halloween parade. The parade was great, especially the gravediggers. We followed the parade right down Main St and exited the park. We then took the short walk to the Contemporary car park and arrived back at the HRH just after 11.30pm.

DSC04271.jpg

Hope you are enjoying this so far. Plenty more HRH info, City Walk and the Hard Rock Cafe to follow.

Thanks so much for taking the time to do these trip reports. I have really enjoyed reading your reports. Your pics are fabulous.

OMG...... This would be so awsome for my wife and I. WOW just that many days of being able to enjoy they hotel. Now I got a goal to look forward too. Man I gotta find allot of money. Any chance on you lending me some??

Love the picture of your DD dressed as Alice with Alice, so cute.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter