12nts @ Hard Rock (part two)

pauldents

DIS Veteran
Thursday 14th (day 2) Overcast and rain (PM)

Still on UK time we woke at 4.00am. I rang WDW dining at 7.10am and booked breakfast at Chef Mickey's for 7.50am. We got ready in 15 minutes and left the HRH at 7.25am.

DSC04057.jpg

Now, for some unknown reason Disney likes to have you drive around for miles and not use the quickest route. So if you are driving from the Universal area I use this simple formula:

-Ignore all Disney road signs!
-If you are going to Downtown Disney, Typhoon lagoon, Hotel plaza Boulevard etc. Take the first Disney exit JN I4/535
-For everything else (MK,AK,EPCOT,MGM and all resorts) take the next exit.

Using the above, you will arrive at the entrance to the MK in 20+ minutes. We found using the official road signs will get you to the same place, but add around 15 minutes on your journey.

DSC04058.jpg

We arrived at the Contemporary resort around 7.45am, parked the car near the entrance and headed up to the fourth floor.

DSC04059.jpg

We checked in seated in around five minutes. The characters that came around were Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and one of the Chipmunks. The buffet breakfast was very nice and I managed to get some great photos of Hannah with Mickey. Total cost was $65 inc. tip.
I would rate the dining experience 6/10.

DSC04056.jpg

We then left the Contemporary on the monorail and went over to the Magic Kingdom. We walked up main Street. I took a few photos. We went on a couple of rides in Fantasy land, then left the park. We walked to the car which was in the Contemporary car lot. We then drove over to DTD and went to the large Disney store "World of Disney" and bought Hannah an Alice in wonderland dress for MNSSHP. After this we went shopping at the Premium Outlet malls, which is around a five minute drive from DTD.

DSC04061.jpg

We then headed back the HRH, had a rest then went over to the Hard Rock Cafe for our Dinner. We were seated immediately, our starter (Jumbo Combo) was great, but then our server took more of an interest in the girls on the opposite table than actually doing his job, so that was the last we saw of him at our table. Having been to the HR cafe many times in the past and personally knowing the manageress, we knew this was unusual , so planned to go back there towards the end of our stay. This dining experience was 5/10.

DSC04093.jpg

We then went over to the Universal store and it started pouring with rain, so ended up buying an umbrella in the store and walked back to the HRH. We then went to Emack and Bolios to have ice cream. After a relaxing day, we got to bed around 9.30pm.

DSC04097.jpg

Friday 15th (day 3) Sunny. :sunny:

Woke at 7.00am. Got to the pool at 9.15am. The pool area was empty, but got slightly busier around 11.00am.

DSC04088.jpg

We ordered food from the beach club server at 11.15am.

Beach club menu:

DSC03740.jpg

DSC04086.jpg

DSC04084.jpg

We left the pool at around 1.00pm and took the rickshaw over to Universal Studios. Hannah had her photo taken with Dora, Scooby we went to ET and Shrek. Both times we never used the FOTL room cards and there was no wait. We then went over to City Walk to do some shopping and had a look at the new Bubba Gumps restaraunt, then got the boat back to the HRH.

DSC04080.jpg

We then left the HRH at 6.30pm for our 7.45pm reservation at 1900 Park Fare (Grand Floridian). We used valet ($7.00). We walked around the Grand Floridian Resort. As nice and impressive as this resort is, and being Disney's flagship hotel, in my opinion it is just not upbeat enough and it just does not have that holiday atmosphere that is so abundant at the HRH.

DSC04064.jpg

The Dinner with Cinderella and friends was great and we met a lovely couple from New Jersey who took their grandaughter to celebrate her 5th birthday.

DSC04068.jpg

The buffet was very nice. The service was good. The characters (Cinderella and Prince Charming) came around twice. The mice were always around the restaraunt. The Godmother was outside the restaurant at the entrance during the meal. Total cost was $100 inc tip.

DSC04067.jpg

We left the GF at 9.30 and got back to the HRH at around 10pm. The hotel entrance was very busy as the Go Go's had been playing in the lobby (velvet sessions). Most of the people were leaving when we arrived and it was nice to see the HRH have now sorted the parking situation for people attending 'Velvet Sessions'.

DSC04079.jpg

Saturday 16th (Day 4) Sunny day

Woke at 7.30am and got down to pool for 9.30am. Had a Beach club Lunch. DJ scooter started the entertainment at 2.30pm. Then there was a hulahoop contest for the kids. Pool was pretty busy but still no where near capacity. To show how much busier it gets at the weekends:

DSC04069.jpg

Weekend

DSC04076.jpg

Mid-week

We left the pool at 3.30pm and went to 'The Kitchen' and made a reservation for 7.30pm that evening. Hannah had a sleep for a couple of hours. We got to 'The Kitchen' for 7.30pm. Shrek and Scooby were doing the rounds.

DSC04072.jpg

Shrek seemed far more popular than Scooby and he probably came around to the table around five or six times, whereas we only seen scooby the once. The food and the service was impeccable in 'The Kitchen'. The Char Su ribs were really tasty and very well presented. I had the Filet for my main and that was also fantastic. Total cost $101+tip I would rate 'The Kitchen' 9/10.

DSC04071.jpg

That evening there was a charity dinner going on in the hotel lobby. We then hit Emack and Bolios and bed.

More to follow! Hope you like the photos.

Those are great, your little girl is a real cutey, looks like she had a great time. Look forward to the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter