13 hrs and we're off to AKL

BowlingAriel

Wishin Upon That Lottery Star
13 hrs and we are on the road to Disney AKL for my friend's sons b-day. Thank goodness its only a 2 hr drive.

We are staying Concierge and booked the Sunrise Safari for Sat am. This is my first time staying at the AKL so I can't wait!!

C-ya soon

You lucky duck !!!! have a fantastic time ! I love the last countdown hours they are sooo exciting !

How did you like the AKL Concierge? I would also love to hear about the Sunrise Safari.

Hope you had the best trip ever!! :)

We just got back from WDW. We stayed at the WL, AKL, Dolphin, and the Contempory. We loved the AKL so much. Have fun.

So sorry, it took me so long.

I do not have very reliable employees and when I leave for 3 days it almost takes me a month to catch up and fix things.

The AKL Concierge staff were ABSOLUTELY wonderful. They alone would make it worth a return trip.

Our room was nice enough, I really don't care for the dark colors. Didn't see many animals on our Savannah. Mostly birds. The one morning there were Giraffe's eating.

NOW for the BEST part. The Sunrise Safari !!! Being early morning all the animals were out. They had just received all their treats. you don't see them like that during the day. We were in the safari jeeps watching some Elks or something and our guide says..."Ok, we are just gonna sit here for a few as not to spook the Rhinocerous". Being in the back of the jeep we were talking and not really paying attention, then this HUGE Rhino walks along the jeep like it was nothing. SOOO Amazing.

The down side was the the Safari costs $50. Which I thought was outrageous, CONSIDERING - 1) that 50 dollars did not include park admission and 2) You HAD to stay in concierge, which costs more than regular rooms.

Oh yeah one more minus - The lodge is sooo far away from anything. It took us a 1/2 hr to get to the Magic Kingdom by bus.

They had a wonderful, delicious CHOCOLATE cake for the little guy with us, since it was his b-day.

I am returning home at the end of this month. BEACH CLUB !!!
Taking my daughter and friends for her b-day. Trying the Discovery Pkg deal.

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Michelle

Sounds like a great time on the Safari!! I am definitely considering Concierge at AKL next time we stay! How was everything in Concierge there? Was the food okay? How did you like your room??

Thanks and Welcome Back!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter