150 Day Challenge (Comments Welcome)

Jannephotog

Disnerd
Instead of waiting til the official new year, I've decided it's the perfect time to go ahead and get started on my "Disney body", as I'm calling it. Also, I believe that health is in the mind too, so it's time to get things going.

My boyfriend, aunt & two younger cousins booked a trip last night for the end of May to visit our favorite place in the world. I've gotten it on good authority that my guy might ask me a question that is huge and pertains to our future *coughProposalcough* and, well that will warrant lots of photos.

I've also got my last little bit of grad school to conquer this next six months or so, so it's time to get my mental health good & as stress free & healthy as possible.

Today is 153 days until our trip, so I decided to see what can happen if I get on the ball, do things to get healthier & feel better & see what can happen in 150 (ish) days.

Ready or not, here we go....

I decided to get started a few days before the whole New Years Resolution thing kicks in & I realized how lazy I've been since school ( I work in elementary schools) has been out & how lazy I've been overall this fall. Let's just say I have a gym membership of $10 a month and there's been a good $50 probably that has just gone down the drain this year. My sinuses have been really bad on and off all fall, but I know that's not a complete excuse...anyways, I'm moving on...

The gym was pretty busy for a Saturday afternoon, I thought, and I set the elliptical for 25 minutes. Well, I was about over it at 7 minutes, so I atleast made myself push on til I hit 15 minutes, which wasn't super terrible after I got past that tough spot.

My goal was to not get too crazy and hurt to the point I can't walk tomorrow, so I only did some of the ab machines at low weight befor I headed home. I usually try to stay at the gym 45-an hour if possible since it's about 15 minutes from my house, but I knew just going & getting started today was a good enough thing for today. I'm not sure what my actual gym schedule is going to be yet, but I need to look into that the next few days.

I'm trying to avoid all of the yummy Christmas goodies we've got lying around & that I was gifted this season. I did manage to put together a pretty healthy (compared to recently) lunch and managed to keep the little bit of sweets to the dessert portion of my meal. My mindset of December has been "it's fat month" and I've rarely thought a lot about what I've been eating...if it sounded good, I was on it. Needless to say, I haven't gotten to Weight Watchers the past few weeks and have been okay with that.

After hitting Target for some clearance goodies to make snow unit projects with at work, I trekked it home from the gym, straightened up my room & then managed to fall asleep for about two hours. Looks like the rest of my night is going to hold continuing getting this mess cleaned up (I'm 26 & live at home still...that means there's a bunch of stuff in this room!) and get some organization going on- I really believe it can help mentally if you've got the mess under control,,though I'm in no way the best at doing so.

Thanks for reading my rambling- I really think if I can get in the habit of writing a little everyday about what I've done or how I've done it to be healthier, it'll make me feel like I have made some progress, along with being able to go back and track how things are going.

This morning I woke up late for church thusly missing the shower I was going to get and wound up getting to church finally. Taking notes on the sermon about making the most out of 2014 was actually very topical and a good thing to hear today. Gotta remember to not take for granted the things that we're all blessed with.

Didn't go to the gym but spent the afternoon puttering around the house, drinking lots of green tea & trying to get my shelves reorganized (lots of fun Disney collectibles & books to work in). Received a call from my aunt Regina who is doing our upcoming WDW trip booking & she reported that she realized today that we might be able to leave a day earlier for our trip, giving us that extra time to tour and enjoy our vacation. I of course said a giant yes to this!

My mood finally lifted as the afternoon progressed and I honestly think it's due to my meds kicking in (I take a low dose anti anxiety pill every day and haven't the last week or so & my mood has somewhat suffered...it's seratonin or hormone issues, I'm pretty sure that causes this...should be getting it checked out before too long). Alas, I'm hopeful tomorrow or the next day I'll really get back to normal...I'm thinking the gym visits should help too.

So, tonight, knowing I have eaten better today & tracked over at WW online, I feel a bit better about things. I'm currently enjoying my new copy of a Peter Pan with Losson (my guy :love:), had a little popcorn & some chocolate mixed in & am having a great Sunday night. I def. appreciate the days that things manage to turn around.

Before bed, I'll try some push ups & crunches & maybe even squats & call it a night. Tomorrow I've gotta get on my paper & hit the gym, so we'll see how that goes...thanks for reading, friends!

First off, I am kinda getting over this sinus drainage thing. Did a yoga DVD with Losson for the first time yesterday and actually made it through the entire work out...was quite proud. Ate a healthy & real meal of roast & veggies via mom...so good. Finished off the night by making cake balls for tonight (NYE). Monday also was a pretty sweet day, as I got paid for the days I stayed with a friends dogs- which promptly got mostly traded into another $100 of Disney gift cards...my new fave form of currency. Pretty sweet because half of my trip is already covered and we've only been booked since Friday. :hyper:

As far as today, New Year's Eve, it's a chill day at Losson's. We've currently got Robin Hood on & his younger brothers are watching & I'm already planning a nap before too long. Later on his sister and nephew are coming over and it should be a fun time being goofy & finger foods....gotta figure out a way to move tomorrow but for now I just want to stop sneezing, blowing my nose & having so much drainage. Atleast my mood is better & I'm lucky enough to spend the day with my second family. I may even post some photographic evidence tomorrow from tonight's big shindig, who knows. Hope you all have a great and safe New Year's Eve- it's almost to my fave part in Robin Hood where Sir Hiss flies around in the balloon & gets drunk, so that's a must watch part. ;)

Happy new year!

I am so proud to say after a pretty chill night in & counting down to the new year with Loss & his family (along with. to too terribly many finger foods), I had a plan to get down to it today & hit the gym early on in the morning. So, I was up at 8:15 and started loading up my barely used iPod & realized I needed so e good inspiration tunes, so I let myself pick an inspiring album to help me keep moving and to remind myself what I'm working towards- the Sherman Brothers songbook album. I've been listening to it quite a bit via spotify lately & it's just so good.

So alas, I got the iPod loaded & charging & promptly decided to fall back asleep since I was quite over my runny nose & it's just cozy in a warm bed. Eventually I woke back up around 12:45 ( not typical for me) & made it on to the gym an hour or so later. While I was there, I did 25 minutes on the elliptical & did a good amount of leg & ab machines. It may sound crazy, but hearing songs like "I've got a dream" from Tangled (she's my fave!) & then tracks like "One little Spark" from the Sherman's' album, it helped me to keep pushing on, so that "Disnry Inspiration" playlist def. does the job (thankfully!).

As far as earring goes today, I did a pretty decent job of being healthier & getting more veggies into the diet. You better believe there were black eyed peas & turnip greens for dinner- and it was super yummy.

After church, I wound up at Losson's and had a little sampling of his mom's black eyed peas & mashed potatoes (one of my fave things she makes) & cabbage & then went into stress eating category with ice cream & brownies (either stress eating or pmsing....prob stressing). I've got a job interview in the early afternoon & my brain is so still in winter break mode. I'm sure the interview will go well enough & I'll be glad I did it, but I've managed to not really prep as much as I really should have. Afterwards, Loss is taking me out for lunch at one of my favorite places, so that's another little boost to get me thru & inspire me to go on & push forward.

Ready or not, let's go, 2014.

Do you belong to Planet Fitness?

As far as the sinuses, have you seen an ENT or allergist. I too work in an elementary and was having never ending colds that ead to bronchitis multiple times a year. I was told it was chronic bronchitis. I went to an ENT and found otu that I have a deviated septum which lead to a chronic sinus infection that never really went away. So every time I got a cold, it just exascerbated it. I also had some allergy testing done and got put on Zyrtec and a nasal spray. Finally, I found out that I had acid reflux, but a type that mostly just affects the throat. So any drainage was irritating it and making me cough.

After some allergy meds, prilosec, and antibiotics to knock out the chronic infection, my sinuses have been much better and it is no longer holds me back. You might want to consider it. Good luck!

Jumping on board to follow you on your journey. What a great motivating trip you have planned! I sure do hope your sinuses get better soon, and you are feeling better!

Thanks for the comments, friends! I really appreciate your encouragement.

My mom has been on me to go get a check up at the doc before too long & I know I need to get on it...I have insurance thru work but I get so annoyed at the price of doc visits, though I know it's important. I need to make a list of concerns & get in there soon....I know it's def. part of the overall being able to stay healthy & move in life.

Oh, and I do belong to Planet Fitness...it's the only reason I was okay with not going for a while & still paying the $10... Figure it's not that bad to be wasting lol

Started the day off with getting ready for a job interview and I won't lie, I was feeling pretty good. I feel quite confident about the interview and I'm not sure if I'll be getting the position, but I did well & that's just life, right?

After the interview, got to go out on a lunch date with Losson at one of our fave spots & I was pretty happy getting to split two entrees with him, so I got a little of the amazing pancakes and also got some of a breakfast burrito. Was super nice & he got all dressed up in his new blazer from Christmas. (Now is when I'm breaking into the picture posting game, oh snap)

image_zps6d73d626.jpg

We just chilled out for the afternoon and watched some Netflix. I'm still fighting thru this dumb stuffy head/nose & some lady stuff occurred this afternoon, so I came on home, took some Tylenol & threw back some amazing homemade chicken noodle soup & have been throwing back hot tea while I'm watching "Restaurant Impossible" on demand all night. I'm hopeful tomorrow to hit the gym again & also go weigh in at WW.

Oh, and I've cut back on the sugar today. Feeling so much better because of that. Yay getting past the holidays!

I've spent the day in my room pretty much, organizing & rearranging some shelves.

There's still a little snow on the ground still (we don't get much snow) & it's been around 20 degrees all day...hence why I didn't make it to the gym- stayed in my pjs all day. I start back to work on Monday, so it doesn't bother me being a homebody for the day.

I did manage to listen to quite a few episodes of the Wedway Radio podcast, book the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party for our tripin May & got my to-do list completed, so that had me feeling pretty good.

Alas, it's almost bed time & yeah...I may just get out of the house tomorrow...maybe...

I've spent the day in my room pretty much, organizing & rearranging some shelves.

There's still a little snow on the ground still (we don't get much snow) & it's been around 20 degrees all day...hence why I didn't make it to the gym- stayed in my pjs all day. I start back to work on Monday, so it doesn't bother me being a homebody for the day.

I did manage to listen to quite a few episodes of the Wedway Radio podcast, book the Tomorrowland terrace dessert party for our tripin May & got my to-do list completed, so that had me feeling pretty good about today.

Alas, it's almost bed time & yeah...I may just get out of the house tomorrow...maybe...

It's just about 11 am and I've done the day's work out...oh yeah. Did a yoga DVD & am going to add some crunches & squats later on, I'm sure too. Just put on some eggs so we can have them boiled for the week. May see what else I can get gathered up for lunch at work this coming week and have ready to grab & go as well.

Now for some coffee & seeing what the day may hold...
--------------------

The day turned out to be a pretty good one. spent a good chunk of the morning/afternoon in the kitchen. Tried boiling some eggs, had issues, made eggs in a basket with some guacamole for an early lunch- was really proud how it came out for my first attempt ever. And then finally got the boiled eggs right, too.

image_zpse238b1ed.jpg

After the eggs, it was time to work on lunch items for the upcoming week. Spent quite a bit of time cutting up veggies & then portioning out some veggie straws & nila wafers...if I can just pick it up & go, it's so much easier, so they're bagged up in baggies with the no. Of points written on the bag.
Oh, and the veggies I cut up, you can't look at them without just feeling a little bit better, right? I need to get some celery to add & I'm so good to go for a week...

image_zps74a195e8.jpg

After getting the food sorted out & getting lunch set up for my parents when they got home from their outing, I straightened up my room some more & got the boxes of Christmas stuff that was still left out (ornaments I'd made & wrapping odds & ends) put away. Felt good to get that done.

Hearse over to Losson's for dinner when he got off work- a $5 pizza & a Star Wars film. I'm making a point to be all ready for Star Wars Weekend & any other Disney thing I may run into in the parks. I made the mistake of not being up to date last January & missed out on seeing how amazing the character of Rapunzel is, until way after we got back home. Now she's no. 1 on my "to meet" list. Anna & Elsa are right behind her, in case you were wondering...besides that, Star Wars makes much more sense at 26 than it did when I didn't pay as much attention at 17 or so.

I also had a realization today that I have every so often- I am right where I belong & I can feel that I am. There are so many changes coming soon that I am so close to, as I've been waiting for for the past 3 or more years. It's just kinda crazy to think how close I am to being done with grad school, to be buying a car soon (100% on my own! paying & owning wise, that is), to be engaged in a few months... It's a lot to take place soon & I'm glad I've been patient enough (though it was rarely easy to be) & it's here. There are many other places I could be & I truly know it am where I'm supposed to be. I am so thankful from that.

I hope you all have a great night/day & take a moment to think about how you've been blessed- we're all simply lucky to have heat & a roof over our head & food in this wide spread winter craziness, right?

<3
Jenny

Forgot to say that I also got a little package from Disney with info for our trip & my magic+. I totally squealed & the incredibles theming excited Loss some when I took it over to show him. Good times.

I'm jealous of your Disney trip. The veggies look good! I love all the colors.

Sundays are pretty much my favorite. We didn't do too much today that wasn't fun, so that's a reason I love them. After church, Losson & I had lunch with my bro and his girlfriend, who is the sweetest thing ever. They've only been dating maybe 6 months or so...maybe a little longer...so he doesn't share her all that much, but today he did & it made for a good little lunch (of the best fried chicken in town!). It was a little awkward because Loss and I were having a discussion on the side about money (him having to budget for an engagement ring, meaning a trip to a music fest in Louisville won't be in the cards for us this year) and he got kind of moody with me, but I deserved it for being somewhat of a butt & somewhat self centered.

We talked about it some after we dropped our lunch companions at my bro's car & I basically broke it down to how I'm kinda freaked out about the getting engaged thing, even though I know I want it...I mean, I've pretty much got my entire wedding planned. I'm not quite sure what exactly that means when you get engaged, as it can differ person to person. It's such an abstract concept...you're not alone but you're not yet married, so you're in some funky grey area or some,thing. I don't know...will work on that some more as the time draws closer. Did get so,e good snuggle time in after that, so I was pretty happy.

Wound up missing 95% of church this evening due to a family situation coming up at Loss' house &, well, it's a big situation, so we'll see how it all pans out. prob should send some prayers out on their behalf.

Work got cancelled for tomorrow for me & so Loss & I jumped in on Joey & Jacque's (bro & his lady) Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie night. The snow & sleet & rain have started coming down pretty good, so I'm sitting up to wait & hear from Loss. Told him if he can't get up the ridge to make it to his house, he's supposed to come back & not push it. Yeah, I know, snow is a pretty big deal around here. (Edit: made it home safely, thankfully.)

As far as moving more, today it didn't really happen & I did have so e fried chicken for lunch &'made a smoothie around 5. Didn't have much more besides that today, save for a few cold pigs in a blanket I just had & a little bit of chocolate. I'm interested to see how I do at WW this week, as I didn't get there & weighed in this past Thursday, seeing as my cramps were pretty rough & I knew my body had some much water retention going on, given the time of the month.

Anyways, it's definitely past my bed time- and here's a picture from tonight, just because. I'm making it a point to get more photos this year since I've for a fun smash book for it. Sorry for rambling on so much, it is pretty nice to get it all out though. :)

image_zps1d609a34.jpg

Sounds like you've been overall moving in a positive direction! Keep it up, but remember to be kind to yourself. :)

Today was the epitome of a snow day for me- it didn't snow a whole bunch but it has been down into single digit temps, so no work today. Tomorrow we go back in at 10 instead of 8. I wouldn't have minded a whole day off tomorrow since it's CPI (safety hold training for kids at work) training & well, it's not my fave thing to do. Pretty stoked for Wednesday at work though, as our amazing principal is giving us a lot of time to work in our room.

Alas, tomorrow beings a more normal schedule, but have to say I'm happy that my eating habits are back to normal pretty much. Have cut out the extra sweets that snuck in over the holidays & the only chocolate fix I had today was a cup of hot chocolate & then some chocolate chips into popcorn for dessert...not too bad.

I didn't do much extra moving around today, but after sleeping in til noon (oops...heh) I did clean up around the kitchen since both of the rents aren't feeling good due to the crud & all. Just hung out the rest of the afternoon, watched some tv (Restaurant Stakeout today) & here I am, going towards sleep. Not gonna lie, not too shabby of a day.

Here's to tomorrow & my slight hope they decide to just give us the whole day off (don't worry, won't happen). Thanks for reading along, friends!

After a snow day on Monday, it was finally time to go back to work.we got to go in late due to weather for Tuesday, 143, so by the time I made it from the training I didn't actually need over to my base school, it was almost 11. After a while of getting work done & being pretty cold in the room, I started coughing pretty bad (like chest congestion really bad coughing) & since I'd worked thru lunchtime, I headed home before too late. Pretty much I came home & got in the bed & just layed here, watched the Dis & crashed out around 8:45. Made it much easier to wake up earlier this morning.

Woke up today, 142, with some of my stuffy head headache going on, but took some Tylenol and wanted to get started. Today was a chill day that the principal had a short meeting for &'then we dojo work on whatever, so I spent most of my day doing paperwork. I showed up about 730 to start my time & was quite happy to be done a while before the 345 normal dismissal time.

After work, I headed over to Loss' & picked up him & his 2 younger brothers for a Target run (to grant his mom some peace & quiet, as they go back to school tomorrow & the boys had been cooped up inside the past few days). Wound up picking up a $50 disney gc & also a small water heater/coffee maker to take to work (I'm tired of going to the other side of the building to get hot water for tea thru the Keurig).

Found out once I checked my texts, I'd been left a message on the home machine about the position I interviewed for last week that I expected not to hear back from. Turns out they want me to come tomorrow & talk to the actual teachers so they can decide who to hire, so they're seeing me "& a few others". Whatever happens, it's pretty cool to be in the smaller group that is being picked from. So send me some prayers/pixie dust, please? Thanks!

As far as working out, the cold has made me so lazy but the good news is, going back to work is doing what I figured it would- it's cut down my spending and made my eating habits better. I made sure to take my lunch instead of going out on in service days & am glad to be eating more things such as veggie soup (delish & homemade), boiled eggs, raw veggies, etc. I've found by taking a set lunch from home, it has totally helped my eating habits. Realizing that, I am excited to finally get back on a schedule, too.

So, here's to the kids returning tomorrow & a second interview...wish me luck! Now for a few hours of beauty sleep...

The kiddos came back to school & I lucked out getting to catch up on paper work some both days.

Thursday brought Weight Watchers weigh in for the first time Ina month. I knew I'd switched over to eating better the past few days & I'm proud to say I was only up .2 of a pound! Especially considering that month I missed was most of December, it could've been really bad. Being so close to having a loss def. makes it easier to work on it the next few months. We got some material at the meeting about scheduling meal times &'that's so the key for me- I do SO much better when I'm at work & not just at home all day.

Also had my follow up interview Thursday as well & it went pretty good. Should find out on Monday if I get it or not....we'll see what happens.

As far as today, Friday (140 days til the mouse...well, maybe 139...not the best at math here), it was another paperwork day at a different building & getting tired of staring at a computer screen. Didn't feel super great so it was probably a good thing I didn't have kids all day, as I've got a stuffy, snotty head still & when I wasn't feeling so great & sweating in the room where it was actually pretty cold. Went & had the nurse take my temp & it was 99.2 so a little high &'I'm sure it was all my head junk.

Was going to the gym after work but I really just wanted to come home & rest. So, I did & got to watch Tangled with mom (her first time) & have been hanging out with cats sleeping on me. Good times.

Looking forward to tomorrow night & another $5 pizza & Star Wars night with Losson...haven't seen him since Wednesday &'the first thing I said when I called Him this afternoon was that I missed him.

Anyways, I've got work to get done tomorrow for school & probably shouldn't sleep til noon, like I will want to do, so I'm off to atleast think about sleep...

I did my CPI recert in September. I have done both Mandt and CPI, and I must say, I like Mandt a whole lot more. Good luck on that new position, I hope that you get it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter