17 days of Deluxe Dining With Two Adults, One Disney Adult, One Child, And A Platypus

count me in! we are doing 10 days dxddp in Nov so may make adr adjustments after your posts :)

We arrived at Aminal Kingdom early and headed downstairs and checked in at Jiko. We were seated for our 7:15pm reservation at 6:47pm.

We were seated at a table looking over the water as you walk out the door between Jiko and Boma.

It was really pretty and we got to watch the sun set while there. The kids were really excited to be here because we have seen it from the outside but never have we eaten here. This was on my original ADR list when we were only ding the deluxe dining plan for part two of the trip. But it was one of the few that got cut in favor of other things. So I was very happy to add it back when I decided to do the deluxe dining plan for part one too!

So it was really light in there when we arrived. As the sun set outside, the lights dimmed and changed. It was a really pretty and calm meal.

Our waitress was a little difficult to understand but friendly and smiling and helpful. Skye and I got diet cokes and Tyler got a Virgin Strawberry Daiquiri.

Tyler was thrilled that he could order a fun drink and not just a coke all the time. It was included on the dining plan. He let us all taste it. It was pretty good!

She brought the breads and butter out.

Skye liked the butter, Ty did not. I could take it or leave it. Skye and I liked the cinnamon-y sweeter bread, Tyler liked the other.

For appetizer, Skye ordered the Fruit Salad…

She loves a good fresh fruit salad and licked the bowl clean! It had watermelon, cantalope, honeydew, and pineapple.

Tyler ordered the Grilled Wild Boar Tenderloin with Mealie Pap, Chakalaka, White Truffle Oil, and Micro Cilantro…

He took the boar off the top and ate it all…except for one small bite he gave me. It was very good. A different, richer flavor than beef. The “stuff” left in the bowl was delicious too. I tried it with my small portion of boar and without. Tyler would not taste it. I ate a lot of what was in the bowl.

I got the Barbecue Chicken Wood-Fired Flatbread with Apple-Jicama Slaw, African Barbecue Sauce, and Four Cheeses…

Ok, so the flatbread was not what I had intended to order . I thought Tyler would want them to make him a cheese only flatbread and I’d get the boar…shows how little I know! But it was really good. Neither of the kids would try it though. I could do without some of the greens on the top but it was easily reduced to my liking. It was huge too...definitely an appetizer to share!

For her entrée Skye got the Kid’s Macaroni & Cheese …

Now there are not many mac & cheeses this girl has not met and liked but she said this one was awesome!!! Right up there with California Grill from the past! I tasted it and she was right, it was really good!

Tyler ordered the Seared Barbarie Duck Breast with Potato and Spinach Masala, Royal Trumpet Mushrooms, and a Port Emulsion…

He did not like it. I think he was expecting the duck breast to be like a chicken breast…not sliced and marinated. But I was prepared for that. I allowed him to order it knowing I’d be ok eating it. So we switched. I did like mine better but whatcha gonna do??? It is sort of Asian tasting…at least it was to me. It was definitely good…no doubt about it. It wasn’t something I’d order again but not because it wasn’t good, just not my thing. Tyler did try it and said it was ok but he wasn’t gonna eat it, I could tell so I gave up my Oak-Grilled Filet Mignon.

I did get to keep my Hominy “Risotto” and California Asparagus with Red Wine Reduction though…he was not interested in that! I also did get to take the first taste of it while he was trying his. It was awesome…Tyler agreed! Sure wish I could have eaten more of it! What a mother will sacrifice for her first born!!! He scarffed down the whole thing and loved it. I had some of the “risotto” and the asparagus and it was all good. The “risotto” was pretty plain though so really needed the reduction to give it flavor. SO entrée wise we were all very happy (next time though we will both be getting that filet!).

For dessert Skye got the Jiko “Fun-do”…

It had a bowl of dipping chocolate, a brownie, a cookie,
She liked it…what’s better than playing with your food and having it still taste good? And she brought the brownie and the cookie home for later.

Tyler has the One Last Cup (not on the current menus on Disney’s website or allears)…

He really liked the presentation. The spoon was a cookie kinda thing holding a white and a brown sugar cube…there were one more of each on the plate also. He dipped the spook into the chocolate sauce and poured it over the cake. He was very happy with his dessert.

I ordered the Coconut Bread Pudding (also not on the current menus for Disney’s website and allears)…

It was really good. I don’t know why I ordered it over other things on the menu because I am not usually a bread pudding kinda gal but it was really good and I was glad I ordered it. Neither of the kids would try it though.

Our total for dinner was $158.67. We charged the $26.00 tip to the room charge. We had no out of pocket expense here. We used 4 adult and 2 child’s meal credit. We were checking out at 8:14pm. We will definitely be back to Jiko in the future. We liked everything about it…the atmosphere was nice and relaxing, it was pretty with great views, and the food was great!

I love your pictures!!! I can't wait for the rest. I think they did change the sauce on that burger. It did used to more hollandaise-y and not so chivey. I felt the SAME exact way about it!!! The burger was tough. The best part was the sauce and asparagus and lobster. The rest I didn't eat. However I didnt like the tomato salad. Mine was literally just chunks of tomato and onion with no sauce. Did yours have sauce on it??

And they must have changed their dessert sampler platter recently. It is completely different from before!

I enjoyed Grand Floridian Cafe and Jiko review! I love Jiko's filet. I think it's one of the best on property. :lovestruc

Yummy looking so far! the GF Burger w/ the lobster was one of my favs...it's so rich and so yummy. :goodvibes

I'm in :thumbsup2 Brill start to your review. Love that your son is so adventurous with his choice of food (even if he does pinch yours :rotfl:)

Looking forward to staying with you through 17 deluxe days :worship: we have 13 days on deluxe next year for our wedding trip :lovestruc.

We were up early for our breakfast. We had really great luck with the early dining bus and were on our way with plenty of time to take some pictures down Main Street.

We checked in at Crystal Palace at 8:00am for our 8:05am reservations.

As usual there was a huge line but once they opened we were one of the first called in. We were led in and given a great table in the corner by the windows.

Our waiter was great...talkative, filled our cups as we needed, cleared plates, etc...

We ate our fill.

Skye's first plate...

Puffed French Toast, Mickey waffle, and Strawberries

Ty's first plate...

Scrambled Eggs, Mickey Waffle, and Cinnamon Rolls

My first plate...

Breakfast Pizza, Strawberries and Fresh Whipped Cream, Bacon, Breakfast Potatoes, and Puffed French Toast

Ty's next plate...

Three Cinnamon Rolls

My next plate...

Oatmeal (I love Disney Oatmeal!), more Strawberries and Cream, Chocolate Corssaint, and Crumb Cake

So continuing on with Crystal Palace...

We saw Piglet...

...Tigger...

...and Pooh...

We decided to leave before seeing Eeyore becasue he was really far away still, in face Piglet had passed him up! We knew we'd be back later in the trip and we were eager to get out into the park.

Our bill was $72.81 but we used 2 adult and 1 child's meal credit.

The food was all fesh and good. It has plenty to eat for everyone. We are big breakfast eaters so a breakfast buffet always works for us. I loved the puffed french toast and the strawberries with the fresh whipped cream. Tyler obviously loves the cinnamon rolls and Skye loves the Mickey Waffles...but she woudl not even try the chocolate ones...she's a purist. Our waiter even offered to go get her syrup but she does not tarnish a good Mickey Waffle with syrup.

And as we were leaving (at 8:53) we snapped one last pic...

I'm really enjoying your reviews. GF cafe looks lovely and Jiko looks amazing. DH would love that one last cup dessert, so hope they still have it next week.

As I have not eaten breakfast yet your description of the food at CP had me drooling! :lmao:

Can't wait to eat there in a couple of weeks and try the puffed toast and strawberries with cream!

I'm late to this party but i'm in.

I am dying to eat at Jiko. The steak makes my mouth drool every.single.time I see a picture of it.

Your kids are darling! So cute!

Can't wait to read/drool more.

I love Crystal Palace breakfast. I think meal is always good and the building looks so pretty in the morning sun. :lovestruc

We has a 1:00pm ADR for lunch at Tony's Town Square.

We arrived to check in for our 1:00pm lunch reservation. We were told if would be about 20 minutes but we were called in about five minutes. Skye had time to start coloring...

We were taken into the restaurant and lead all the way through to the sun room. It was really pretty in there and we had great seats again!

Now most of what I had heard about Tony's was not good. I needed to fill a spot and did not want to leave the park for it. So I filled in with this. Let me tell you I am really glad we did...we all are!

For appetizer Skye got Carrot and Celery with Ranch Dip...

They looked really dry and old when they were brought out but Skye said they were great! She did not eat much on the celery but all the carrots were gone.

Tyler ordered Calamari with Topped with Olive Relish and served with Marinara Sauce. Again, this is something out of the ordinary for us. We have had it before but usually because it comes as part of a platter or something like that. And never have we actually said we liked it.

This time, we loved 'em!!!! They were all rings not suckers. The breading was light and the insides were soft and sweet. They almost tasted like a mushy onion ring. They were really good! Ty and I both ate quite a bit of them!

I ordered the Zucchini Fries (breaded seasoned zucchini with creamy sun-dries tomato dressing for dipping)...

They were awesome. Fresh and light, not too greasy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter