C.Ann

<font color=green>We'll remember when...<br><font
Any info would be greatly appreciated!! :)

We did a BUDGET trip last time. Stayed a week at the Magic Castle. There are actually two of these properties - both on Rt 192 a couple miles apart. We stayed at the one furthest from Disney (I think it's about 5 miles) because it was even a few dollars cheaper per night. The motel was a typical budget motel, but was completely adequate AND....it had a nice continental breakfast each morning too...that really made it worth while. There is also a complimentary bus to the parks, although we did not use it. If we had to watch our $, I'd stay there again.

Have you considered using www.Priceline.com for a room. I think you would get a nicer hotel/room for the money you would spend at Magic Castle. I would also consider PL for a room on your drive down as well. Just pick a town along I95 about halfway and bid. We have used PL many times and have always been happy with our hotel and the price we paid. Check out www.biddingfortravel.com for good information on bidding. Go to the Florida/Orlando link and you can see the deals others have gotten for 2 and 3 star hotels.

We drove to Orlando from Ottawa, On. Canada
in January. We drive a long day the first day to
get out of the cold. We stopped in Dillon SC.,
which is just over the boarder into SC. We stayed
at a Super 8 Motel. It was recently renovated and
had a micro and fridge. Coming home we stopped in
Fredericksburg Virginia and stayed at the Travelodge
on Route 17. It also has just been renovated. Rates
were about $40.00 each.

Nepean:)

Hi C.Ann, from one Tropical Palms fan to another, I agree with Mercy. You may want to Priceline it. I'm not sure how much Magic Castle charges - it may be your best bet. However, I've gotten some great bargains on Priceline. We're going to a concert at Sea World next month and I got The Rosen Centre Hotel for $38 per night. Its a 3* hotel. Like anything else Priceline's prices/availability depends upon the season and how full the hotel is. However, there are risks involved with Priceline. Once you make your ressie you are stuck with it. Also you are not assured of getting two beds. I've never had a problem with this. Once at the Wyndham Palace we had one king bed, but we also had a pullout double couch. I've heard that some rooms at the Hilton only have one king, but thats a 4* hotel. Since Orlando is a family area most of the hotels have at least two queen beds. Biddingfortravel has a series of posts on this. Have fun on your trip!

C. Ann,

I'm glad you finally got the pics of Magic Castle I sent you.

At $33 a night for a suite that had a microwave, fridge and free breakfast.
The king size bed was great and we were anywhere on Disney property in 15 minutes or less.

We loved it.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter