180 days out, already trouble getting Ohana

daisyx3

DIS Veteran
We haven't eaten at Ohana in a long time. We are staying DVC at the Polynesian in March so I told my DH that was the one place I wanted a reservation.
Today is 180 days out, and I could only get 4:10 on our arrival day! I tried for Tuesday and got 5:25. I am keeping them both for now as I don't know what parks, what days yet.
I thought the first day would be good as it's right around when our room is ready, and we can just spend the day at MK and come back (and possibly return). Or, if we are exhausted from travel, just hang around the resort after dinner. Tuesday MIGHT be another MK day so I thought I'd give that a shot.
The moral of the story is, if you want Ohana, book it ASAP!

We haven't eaten at Ohana in a long time. We are staying DVC at the Polynesian in March so I told my DH that was the one place I wanted a reservation.
Today is 180 days out, and I could only get 4:10 on our arrival day! I tried for Tuesday and got 5:25. I am keeping them both for now as I don't know what parks, what days yet.
I thought the first day would be good as it's right around when our room is ready, and we can just spend the day at MK and come back (and possibly return). Or, if we are exhausted from travel, just hang around the resort after dinner. Tuesday MIGHT be another MK day so I thought I'd give that a shot.
And now that you have 2 ADR's another family can not get one

I love the early time at 'Ohana. we did a 3:30 before MVMCP and we were seated quickly at a window table, service was good and the servers weren't slammed yet, food was hot and fresh. I think your plan A sounds good personally :) unless you are planning to fly in in the afternoon and then it could end up getting missed.

I would keep the 5:25 reservation and make a stop at trader sam's when they open at 4pm for a drink ( getting in line at 3:30 from what i have heard). Kids can go too if before 8pm (not sure if you have any little ones). I have always taken the advice to not put a dining reservation for arrival day, because who knows if for some reason you are delayed/cancelled you will be charged for your reservation.

:confused: So let me get this straight: you're complaining that you can't get a reservation at Ohana (most likely because other guests have more than one place-holder reservation) but then have 2 reservations yourself? :confused3

Chill out peeps, as soon as I figure out which day which park (likely tonight) I will free one up. It's more of a head's up than a complaint, anyhow.

Chill out peeps, as soon as I figure out which day which park (likely tonight) I will free one up. It's more of a head's up than a complaint, anyhow.
Many people do this -- book a number of reservations, figure out park hours, park plans and cancel what you don't need. It really is the only way to effectively plan your trip, especially because it seems they are keeping their lips tight on park hour only releasing 180 days ou7 -- so to book an end of the trip reservation you have no clue what park hours will be like. This is why even if you can't get something keep stalking or use the touring plans reservation finder.

Last edited:

Totally chill here! Not judging on the ressie hording, just found it ironic that you were complaining/giving us a "heads up" on others who may be hording ressies.

I don't know if this at all interests you, but if you're starting at the Poly, they have the Twilight Feast on the room service menu. This is the entire 'Ohana menu (minus the ice cream). They have an adult portion for $40 and a child's portion for $20. Each portion is a lot of food! Sitting on the balcony overlooking 7 Seas Lagoon and eating 'Ohana is very relaxing.

And going that route avoids the stress of getting an ADR.

Steve

What time are you schedule to arrive? We did an ohana first night but we had about 7 hours between arriving at resort and meal.. Thought that was enough time.

But anyway, we really enjoyed it. I find after a few days at disney eating more junk food than normal. off schedule, tired, I don't enjoy ohana as much.

I have been trying to get Ohana for our arrival day for the past 5 months. We plan on being there in October and have had 0 luck getting anything there no matter the time.

We're going the same time and had no issues with booking Ohana. In fact, I checked the app and there's plenty of times open...

I agree with just getting the twilight feast thru room service. My husband and I did it twice on our last trip! We ordered the feast for 1. It was enough food for the both of us and we're big eaters. The 2nd time around we requested no wings and more potstickers instead and they didn't have a problem with that. We did not miss the hassle of going to ohana one bit.

We booked dinner at Ohana for our last but one night when our 180 window opened. I really don't agree with reservation hoarding. I don't think it's fair.

I would have been thrilled with those available times! And the fact that you were able to get 2 reservations! I tried booking on our 180 day mark and was only able to get 9:45pm on our last day! Ohana is a must do on every trip for us and I am super bummed I couldn't get a normal dinner time. I've never had this much trouble!!! My kids are very young and I'm pretty sure they will be asleep during the meal. I'm hoping an earlier time opens up for us before time for our trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter