1st DVC trip report-AKL, VB and BCV-Magical (long)

TammyAlphabet

DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Life Member - "excl
Cast: Me, DH, DD and DS

Arrived on Saturday, 8/13 and rented a car to wisk off to the AKL. We had reserved a std view and was upgraded to a SAVANNAH view at the Sunset Overlook. My DD was absolutely thilled with everything at this hotel. Watching the giraffes feed outside our window was truly magical. We all agreed that this hotel is fabulous and the theming was second to none. We had lunch at Mara (good) and dinner at Boma (outstanding). (Can you tell that I stayed at the value resorts before becoming a member? :teeth: )

On Sunday we drove to Vero, about a two hour drive and not unpleasant as we were very excited about a few days at the beach. We had some trouble at check in and the cast member checking us in was rather upset with the computers. I thought that he needed a smilie :badpc: He had found a ready room and then lost it in a computer glitch. :badpc: Then after a couple of minutes another room opened up. We were assigned to room 1527, a one bedroom. We got to the room and all the shades were open. What a shock! We had a fabulous ocean view all across the living room and the bedroom with a large round gazebo type balcony. We were not expecting this at all! Magical!

The whole resort was beautiful and we all loved it there. My DD loved the pool. My DS and I loved the beach. My DH loved the king bed. :teeth: The whole place was so relaxing. We ate in alot to save money, which really helped. As a new member, I underestimated the value of having a kitchen and a washer and dryer in the room. I am definitely spoiled.

Our big splurge was a half day of deep sea fishing with Capt. Terry of Big Easy Charters. Recommended by the staff at Vero and it was great fun. For my DS (13), it was a lifetime memory. Catching a shark or two is pretty exciting for the novice.

On Friday, we took off for Orlando to try out the BCV for one night in a studio. We were assigned a studio room 527. This is a wonderful resort also. The room was immacculate in fabulous shape. At 9:00 we had a fabulous view of the Illumination fireworks and could hear most of the music and so forth. Magical!

Stomalong bay was also quite unique and I can see how so many people love it. But it would be hard to keep an eye on your children here. So keep this in mind.

We took a walk around the lake on our way to dinner and there was a model of the boardwalk villas rooms (our home resort) open and since we bought there but haven't stayed there yet, we took a look and were quite happy. I did notice that the rooms looked smaller than the one bedroom at VB, but I hear that is the case at the others too, except for OKW.

Friday was our 16th anniversary and we had dinner at the Yachtsman's Steakhouse. Good food and excellent service. They brought me a rose and a plate of cookies with Happy Anniversary written in cocoa on the plate. Very nice touches.

We flew home today and back to the old rat race. And although we didn't step a foot into a theme park on this trip, it was Disney magic nonetheless!

Sounds like you had a fantastic trip and visit to all three resorts. Good for You!! Thank you for posting!! :flower:
Happy belated Anniversary. My DH and I celebrated our 16th the end of June.

I'm happy to see that you had a great trip... especially the Vero part! :)
We just love Vero, and although the main attraction is WDW, DVC just wouldn't be the same without our visit to the VB Resort.

Thanx for the report! :drinking:

MG

Thank you for posting your report. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation and proves that a fantastic time can be has with out the theme parks involved.

:ssst: (Don't tell Mickey! Don't want to hurt his feeling!)

Thank you for taking the time to share your trip report with us. We really enjoy the AKL! Amazing that one can go to WDW & not visit a park - I'm not there yet :)!!

Hi,

Glad you had a good time!!! Thanks for sharing!

I'm so happy to hear your 1st trip as an owner was "Magical"!

Just think, you can look forward to many, many more!!

HAPPY VACATIONING,
Tom :cool1:

Thanks for paoting about your trip.
It sounds absolutely wonderful.
We own at VB and love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter