1st Time Cruise... Need Help with 3 day Trip

Disney On The Bayou

Mouseketeer
I read these boards almost daily with the exception of the DCL Forum. However, I'm going on a three day cruise Dec. 19-22, it will be one adult male and female without children. This trip is coming after 4 days at the VWL (DVC Members) and followed by 1 night at Vero Beach.

1)What should we know about cruising that may be different than other trips we have planned before?
2) What is a good excursion on Nassau and what should we plan for on Castaway Cay?
3)Explain Palo's; should we go?
4)What about attire during the day, night, special affairs and excursions?
5)TRANSPORTATION? Consider the itinerary above: rent a car the whole trip, use towncar service or both? What about parking and fees?

The answer to these questions would make me feel a little better. I travel frequently both business and personal, but this trip is completely different then others.

Thanks, I'm counting on all of you to help us make this a great experience!

I hope this is some help.

1. Know or be aware of end of the trip tipping. Plan to eat, eat and eat!

2. Excusion to Atlantis Hotel is good. They include transportation activities and lunch.

3. Palo is not on the rotation of restaurants but if you would like to eat there, there is a 10 or $15 charge. Reservations open up at about 2:30pm on the day of the sailing and sell out almost immediately.

4. Casual-daytime
Casual to dressy-nightime

5. We used both car rental and Disney Bus transportation. The only thing bad about the bussing is that they do not travel from dock to resorts(only dock to airport).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter