1st Timers - Day 6 - Islands of Adventure

Milly

Earning My Ears
7.00a.m. DM wakes me with coffee - it's all getting very civilised in the household now - we all know our scheduled time in one of the two bathrooms and who drinks what/when etc. etc. - can this really last? Who will be the first to crack?
I'm not going to mention breakfast any more as I am too embarrassed to tell you all - anyway - you know where we go!!!
We get to Islands of Adventure at @ 9.30a.m. and once again split with DS1 & DN - this has been one of the successes of the trip so far - Matt & Andy are both 17 years old and are determined to ride the biggest/fastest/meanest coasters that the parks can offer - by dividing up for a couple of hours they can go and let off steam for a while and then catch up with us later and pretend to look bored when we "drag" them on to the little "kiddies" rides (naturally they won't admit to liking these just as much!) because that way they have an excuse to do these! (It also means that I can save face by telling them that I "have to" stay with the "old's" and "little 'un's" without admitting that I'm too scared to ride Dr.Doom & Hulk!!).
Anyway - we head straight for Jurassic Park and walk straight on to River adventure (no queue). DM & DF get wet again (mission accomplished!) and we move into the discovery centre to see what we would all look like if we mixed our DNA with a dinasaur's - an actual improvement for some of us!!!(no names here). As we exit the building I notice the entrance for the Triceratops Paddock - "next show 11.00.am" it says - I check my watch - 10.55.am - now there has to be a catch here! - no queue - 5 mins. to go - I walk over to the CM standing at the entrance -"Is this where we get to see the actual Triceratops?" I ask - "Yes Sir" comes the cheerful reply - "Well why isn't there a queue of people?" I enquire (convinced the flippin' thing must have died yesterday or something!) - "I don't really know sir - it's one of our most popular attractions" he replies - well - who cares - were first in and have the place virtually to ourselves for about 10 minutes -brilliant.
DD & DS2 then have 2 go's on the Fying Unicorn mini-coaster - again - no queue - and then we amble off and into Posiedon's Fury which - although a little long winded is actually a very good show - especially the bit thru the water vortex.
Then Fastpass "One fish Two fish" while we ride the Caro Suess El and as DM & DF dont want to ride the O F T F - DD & DS2 get to go twice.
We then meet up with the boys and head back to the villa for a rest and swim. Its now very hot - the car temp. guage is reading 102.c ! Time for a bit of shade!
We've had such a great time today and having rested quite a bit over the last two days we head back to universal studios for the evening (this time it closes at 10.00 - I checked!)
Once again the place is very quiet and we Walk straight on to Back to the Future (Superb), E.T. (DD's favourite), Twister (which I was a bit dissapointed with - maybe I'm getting picky!) and finally a 25 minute queue for Men in Black (Excellent).
We stay for the firework show which is brilliant as we have a great view over the lagoon and are also in a position to watch the fireworks being launched at another park almost simultaniously. The music really sets this off well and reminds you of all the great rides that you have experienced today(Back to the future,ET etc.).
WOW - what a fantastic day -feeling very tired but immensly satisfied - we make our way back thru Citywalk to the "Happy Bus" and home. It is still amazing to me how on earth they manage to get all of those people out of the parks & car parks without a huge snarl-up!
We still have some rides to do here - Congfrontation/Terminator3D/HannahBarbera etc so rather than spend a whole day we decide another evening visit next week would probably do it.
So - with that in mind - we have gained another day on the schedule (actually we have got back the day we lost yesterday) - so I make the decision that I need to get some more Disney therapy and we plump for Animal Kingdom tomorrow.
I have a little plan for lunch at this venue......shhh! It's a suprise!

Milly.

I'm off to see what the surprise was ;)

Wow - sounds like you kept everyone happy today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter