• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***1st Week of December Thread ADR Plans, Park Hours, and dealing with Pop Warner***

Check out th sticky on the restaurant board too for up to date buffet prices with tax already. It helps in the calculations. Which ADRs do you have again?

There are super handy calculators you can use to enter your meals and the values of using credits or paying OOP. I need to figure the same for our trip :)

Thank you both for your suggestions!!
@Candycane83 These are the adrs:
Chef mickeys dinner
Crystal palace bkfst
1900 park fare dinner
Ohana dinner
Akershus Bkfst
Biergarten dinner
Yak and yeti dinner
Tusker bkfst
CRT bkfst
Bog dinner

There's probably a ton of threads about this, and if someone knows a specific one and can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it so much!! I was just looking at some menus ( yak and yeti) and wondering about TS credits.... How would it work? If you want a appetizer and an entree? Or if someone wants a soup too? Or maybe if a child doesn't want a kids meal choice but rather an entree?

Which dining plan, if any, has perhaps been the thing I've bounced back and forth on the most! o_O I think the key in deciding is to have all your ADRs firmed up, which it sounds like you do. :) Those calculators really are super duper handy, and will even show you which meals you should pay for OOP to maximize your plan dollars. I actually need to run numbers again myself, but I think we'll end up with the regular dining plan with a few OOP meals. You've probably seen there's a whole thread dedicated just to the dining plan. :-) (not to insult your intelligence, but it's under Disney Restaurants on the main board if you've not seen it). I've gotten lost in there! lol Just like with anything involving Disney planning, one thing leads to another! ;)

I've never heard of kids having to remove shoes.

I suppose if your DD was dressed up like in a princess dress with some sort of high heels on (don't mean actual high heels, but more like those ~2" heels I've seen young girls wearing when dressed up as a princesses) that it's a possibility. But I would still say that it's highly unlikely.

JMHO. Maybe some others have seen/heard of this but I can't say that I have.

My boys were never asked to take their shoes off.
Thank you! That's great news. I wasnt planning on her making the requirement... This will change things a bit..

Which dining plan, if any, has perhaps been the thing I've bounced back and forth on the most! o_O I think the key in deciding is to have all your ADRs firmed up, which it sounds like you do. :) Those calculators really are super duper handy, and will even show you which meals you should pay for OOP to maximize your plan dollars. I actually need to run numbers again myself, but I think we'll end up with the regular dining plan with a few OOP meals. You've probably seen there's a whole thread dedicated just to the dining plan. :-) (not to insult your intelligence, but it's under Disney Restaurants on the main board if you've not seen it). I've gotten lost in there! lol Just like with anything involving Disney planning, one thing leads to another! ;)
No, I have not seen it, so thank you!

Thank you both for your suggestions!!
@Candycane83 These are the adrs:
Chef mickeys dinner
Crystal palace bkfst
1900 park fare dinner
Ohana dinner
Akershus Bkfst
Biergarten dinner
Yak and yeti dinner
Tusker bkfst
CRT bkfst
Bog dinner
how many days are you going for? your restaurant choices are mostly decent on ddp but if you have some days 2 ts a day you may find it harder to use your qs. that was how I ended up at dxddp lol.

Speaking of surprises. Is there any one thing in particular you're all most excited about sharing with or surprising your kids/families with? For example, i do remember @Talby is excited about her daughter's dolphin encounter? I think that might be a
surprise??
I'm most excited about surprising.....
-my 4 year old with pooh at crystal palace
-my 6 year old with the poly ( and pool) and the tiki room. For some reason she really loves anything "tiki" related
- my parents with a dinner at biergarten ( they are trekking along with us to every meal, and we have 6 or 7 character ones :scared1: ( if you count the beast)
So I'm excited to surprise them with an old family favorite for our Epcot dinner
I also can't wait for them to see all of the changes since we've last been there together in 18+ years!
-I'm not really sure about my husband...Ive been updating him with additions and "modifications" to the trip....but I know he's going to be surprised about how much more $$$ we'll spend on souvenirs :teeth:but I'm definitely not excited about that!
- I'm most excited about the mvmcp :) it's obviously not a surprise for me...But I think the kids will love getting the hot cocoa and cookies. I know the whole party/ parade will be beautiful , I just think the cocoa and cookies will likely be what they'll be most excited about and will remember

Happy Sunday everyone!

Awww....I LOVE the surprises you have planned!! :love: Those magical touches are awesome!! pixiedust:

The screams of excitement upon discovering that Dolphins in Depth was available during our dates was a giveaway to my kids! lol We had talked about doing this "next time" since we were there in 2013 (my son was too young at the time) Refurbishment of the exhibit was planned in December, AFTER we had set our travel dates, and we nearly changed our dates because of it! It's just one of those extra-important-to-us things. :) It was thrilling news to find out recently that they changed the refurbishment timing!! So while not officially a surprise, it was a total surprise that it became available! :)

I do have a couple of tricks up my sleeve for special treats and ride/attraction surprises that cater to each kid's likes/interests. Little things that they won't know about until we're there. I'm leaning towards decorating our room (nothing too extravagant!) and getting special stockings; they won't know about that until it magically appears. :santa:

Do you believe that I kept the entire trip a secret for about SIX MONTHS last time? Up until the morning we left, they thought we were going to Arkansas to visit family! lol :rotfl:

DW website and MDE are unavailable for me right now. Over on some of the ROL threads they're speculating that changes are possibly being made.

Certainly not trying to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Just checking to see if anyone else is having similar issues?

DW website and MDE are unavailable for me right now. Over on some of the ROL threads they're speculating that changes are possibly being made.

Certainly not trying to yell "fire" in a crowded theater. Just checking to see if anyone else is having similar issues?
the app is working for me. but wouldn't that be awesome! of course I am away from home and computer.

the app is working for me. but wouldn't that be awesome! of course I am away from home and computer.
Did you try to book an ADR on the app. The app loads UNTIL I try to search for available ADRs.

Also the website home page will load but most of the links on website yield no results. I either get Stich or Donald telling me something went wrong

You guys! On my Nov FB Disney group, folks are saying there isn't any FP availability for the princesses! I don't want to be anxious but ugh! I'm afraid we'll have the same luck we did with ADRs.. Nothing good available.

You guys! On my Nov FB Disney group, folks are saying there isn't any FP availability for the princesses! I don't want to be anxious but ugh! I'm afraid we'll have the same luck we did with ADRs.. Nothing good available.
if there is zero then they haven't loaded yet because I have seen sdfp availability for those sometimes

edited to add they're ALL available for tomorrow in MK... Belle, Cinderella, Rapunzel, Ariel, Tink, Talking Mickey.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter