2 bedroom lockoffs

pouncingpluto

DIS Veteran
So... as far as I understand, there are two bedroom villas that are made to be two bedrooms, and there are two bedrooms that are really a one bedroom plus an adjoining studio. If we have a strong need for one with the lockoff (because we are bringing the mother-in-law and want to keep that door CLOSED), is that just a request, or is there something we can do to guarantee it? Like are there certain DVC resorts that only have the lockoff kind and no designated 2 bedrooms?

If you positively, absolutely MUST have a lock off, :teeth: ;) then book at the BWV. All of the 2 bedroom units at the BWV are lock offs - no dedicated 2 bedrooms at all. at that resort.

At the other WDW DVC resorts, lock off 2 bedrooms are just a request.

Best wishes -

pouncingpluto said:
So... as far as I understand, there are two bedroom villas that are made to be two bedrooms, and there are two bedrooms that are really a one bedroom plus an adjoining studio. If we have a strong need for one with the lockoff (because we are bringing the mother-in-law and want to keep that door CLOSED), is that just a request, or is there something we can do to guarantee it? Like are there certain DVC resorts that only have the lockoff kind and no designated 2 bedrooms?

Why not just do a 1 bedroom and a studio and put MIL in the studio, that way there would be no hard feelings?? I would think she would be pretty hurt if you LOCK the door to the! :eek:

Lol... yeah, you might be right. We would only need a one bedroom plus a studio... but I was being stingy with the points... it's more expensive for the same thing to book it that way.

We just can't deal with her around the clock. It's not just me... it's my husband (her son) too. She's high maintenance. And smokes. And drinks a lot. But I guess that way we could request smoking for her and non-smoking for us instead of just telling her she has to smoke on the balcony, which she may or may not do.

Two funny, but I know what your saying we have a similiar situation, one of the reasons we actually bought DVC was to stay at Vero so we didn't have to stay at my in-laws house!!!! They are joining us for 2 nights (and only 2 nights), at New Years, we couldn't handle my husbands step FIL anymore than that!!!

Both times I booked a 2 bed lock off it was confirmed at the time of booking. I don't think it is just a request but a confirmed aspect of your booking. However, it was never stated on my paper confirmation but whenever I called MS I queried it and was told I had a lock off reserved. These bookings were at SSR and OKW.

Mandy ::MinnieMo

Actually, I think "lock-off" is a reserved class of rooms, since it takes both a 1 bedroom and studio out of inventory. Of course, something could take a room out of service unexpectedly, but you'll have a 99%+ chance of getting a lock-off if that is what you reserve.

We love my parents, but have always requested a lockoff so that they can get up at O'dark thirty and have their coffee and breakfast without disturbing the rest of us. It has always worked out well. It's always been a confirmed part of our reservation at SSR and VWL. I would think that you'll have bigger problem getting one smoking and one non-smoking. One of you will probably end of being unhappy with the outcome. Best of luck!

Thanks guys... I'll have to think about it more. Now that I've looked at the points charts again, I'm back to wanting to do the lockoff and tell her she has to smoke on the balcony. I don't think it's that big a concession, but what do I know?

pouncingpluto said:

Oh, my god!! Are we related? We must be!! Took the MIL once and it never ever nor will it ever ever happen again!! Not only my opinion but DH's too. Try to have fun no matter what. :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter