2 Kids text positive on Royal- Family Disembarked-Cruise Continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

actually fully vaccinated people do not spread the virus. at least according to maderna, phizer, and the cdc. as well as astrazenica and johnson and johnson. why were they tested? did someone show symptoms? covid isnt going anywhere for a very long time but just like the flu if you get the vaccine you have a smaller chance of getting sick even if you get the virus.

actually fully vaccinated people do not spread the virus. at least according to maderna, phizer, and the cdc. as well as astrazenica and johnson and johnson. why were they tested? did someone show symptoms? covid isnt going anywhere for a very long time but just like the flu if you get the vaccine you have a smaller chance of getting sick even if you get the virus.
I'm gonna guess they were tested either because 1. they test everyone towards the end of the cruise right now or 2. the article said one of the kids was showing mild symptoms (probably a runny nose).

I don't think they should be testing anyone, especially if they've been vaccinated, unless someone is sick.

I'm gonna guess they were tested either because 1. they test everyone towards the end of the cruise right now or 2. the article said one of the kids was showing mild symptoms (probably a runny nose).

I don't think they should be testing anyone, especially if they've been vaccinated, unless someone is sick.

They were tested as they have to be routinely tested.
People might not agree with it, but I think that's one of the agreements to be allowed to sail again.

Screenshot_20210626-220258_Facebook.jpg

Parents tested negative. So obviously they maybe got it at a port. They got a negative PCR test
before boarding but who knows.

The fact they were the only 2 out of all passengers and crew to be positive to me shows protocols
are working. When more capacity increases you will have some breakthroughs/positive cases.
Long as they are sporadic I'm willing to sail.

Just curious if there is a ship line that says you have to be 100% vaccinated to sail with us? It would
have to be an adult only right?

How were they able to return to the US? I thought if you teated positive you were not allowed to return to the US for a quarantine period. It’s why we’ve been avoiding leaving the country.

How were they able to return to the US? I thought if you teated positive you were not allowed to return to the US for a quarantine period. It’s why we’ve been avoiding leaving the country.

I could be wrong, but US citizens cannot be denied entry back to US. They may be required to quarantine upon retry.

LAX

I could be wrong, but US citizens cannot be denied entry back to US. They may be required to quarantine upon retry.

LAX
I found the website: it seems the CDC requires commercial airlines to deny boarding for anyone returning to the US who tests positive. So private planes are an exception. But yeah, still no international travel for me because private planes are a bit out of my price range!

Cruising has a lot of risk (re: Covid).
So does doing anything, as Covid is everywhere. I wouldn't be surprised if the Covid positive kid had picked it up in the airport or on the plane on the way to the cruise. But everyone who packs into a plane isn't getting tested- that's the difference. Everyone at Disney World isn't getting tested, etc. Can't wait until they stop holding cruising & cruisers to such an unrealistic standard that the rest of society is exempt from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter