• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 nights before cruise: where to stay!?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
2 nights prior to cruise with Disney transfers to the port from resort. January so not sure how important pool is but we will spend a full day at the resort-no parks. Deciding between Pop Century, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs and French Quarter. Pop and Caribbean would give us Skyliner transportation to visit other resorts. French Quarter has the boat to Disney Springs but we stay there a lot. Have never stayed at Coronado.

If I'm doing a resort stay, I'd probably do Coronado? Lots of dining on the resort.

I like Pop, but if I'm not going to the parks, I want something more than a value.

I love CSR and have stayed in the tower and in the preferred section (loved both), however, if you are going to do one resort day, I would probably pick POFQ (my favorite mod) or CBR just so you have some options (boat to DS, Skyliner to explore resorts). CSR is lovely, but, without a pool, I'm not sure there is a ton to do at the resort (I have been in January and it has always been too chilly for a pool day, but YMMV). If you would rather save some money, Pop isn't a bad choice as you have access to the Skyliner.

I would prefer Coronado for a resort stay out of those options tbh. Values are a no go to me if you are not going into the parks, and POFQ was a one and done for me though. Coronado has more and way better dining options on site and has some fun and unique activities at the resort, depending on the days you will be there (like Sangria University, and the tile mosaic class). Also the Skyliner goes down for a week annually in January for its regular refurbishment so that is something to be aware of.

We were actually going to stay for our pre-cruise days at CSR originally, in the tower, but we are going to the parks for a few days before our sailing, so we ended up switching to GF after briefly considering CR.

If I'm doing a resort stay, I'd probably do Coronado? Lots of dining on the resort.

I like Pop, but if I'm not going to the parks, I want something more than a value.
good point on Pop for a parks visit vs a day prior to cruise for a resort day. thanks!

I love CSR and have stayed in the tower and in the preferred section (loved both), however, if you are going to do one resort day, I would probably pick POFQ (my favorite mod) or CBR just so you have some options (boat to DS, Skyliner to explore resorts). CSR is lovely, but, without a pool, I'm not sure there is a ton to do at the resort (I have been in January and it has always been too chilly for a pool day, but YMMV). If you would rather save some money, Pop isn't a bad choice as you have access to the Skyliner.
After some thought, I think we will choose either CBR or POFQ. We love both and have stayed at both. CBR is huge but for 2 nights and 1 resort day I think that's okay. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter