2 PS same place, same time frame?

EsmeraldaX

DIS Veteran
Is it possible to hold a PS for a WDW restaurant for two different times during a dinner?

I called inquiring as to whether or not any more times had opened up for dinner at CRT and was told a 4pm had. I wasn't sure if I shoudl grab that and have an early meal and then have till 8 to enjoy the parks, or if I should hang onto my 5:05 PM at the same place. I was concerned because that is my day of arrival, and I'm worried that landing at 10:15 am , getting our luggage, rental car and such, then driving staright to the parks, we might not get there in time for 4. The CM on the phone told me I could hold on to both and decide that day. That sounded "odd" to me? Is that really allowed?

What do you think?

Also, what would you do, go for the 4 pm or the 5:05?

For dinner ressies, that may indeed be the policy. Truthfully, you should have no problem making the 4pm dinner wih a 10:15 arrival time. I'm usually off the plane, picked up the car, and checking in at OKW within an hour or so.

Thanks, I don't *think* we'll have a problem, but we will be leaving out of Boston in the heart of winter so there is a reasonable chance that the flight may be delayed.

I am in the process of planning a Disney Vacation for Feb 8th and reading all I can about this. I am under the impression that when yu make PS they want a credit card with a 10.00 pp hold and if you fail to show up you lose tis deposit. Is this deposit for ALL PS's?

Originally posted by topcat011
I am in the process of planning a Disney Vacation for Feb 8th and reading all I can about this. I am under the impression that when yu make PS they want a credit card with a 10.00 pp hold and if you fail to show up you lose tis deposit. Is this deposit for ALL PS's?

Not for all. I only had to use a cc for the Hoop Dee Doo & Crystal Palace & the fantasmic dinner package at H&V.

I think you only need a cc for shows, character meals and packages.

You can hold both ressies and there is no charge if you didn't put a deposit on it. Remember, however, that if it is a popular place/busy time of year, you may be knocking someone else out of getting a PS. On my trip last month, I held a few to places that wouldn't be turning people away (i.e., Marrakesh), but cancelled those that people might be trying to get in to (Ohana's).

Originally posted by GoofItUp
You can hold both ressies and there is no charge if you didn't put a deposit on it. Remember, however, that if it is a popular place/busy time of year, you may be knocking someone else out of getting a PS. On my trip last month, I held a few to places that wouldn't be turning people away (i.e., Marrakesh), but cancelled those that people might be trying to get in to (Ohana's).

I know. That's why it seemed strange to me that they'd even allow it. We'll be canceling one of the times as we get nearer to the date because if our flight is going to be delayed, the 4 o clock one is out.

Esmerelda X

This is a classic example of getting different answers from different CM's.

I just tried to make two dinner reservations for two different times for a similar reason - just not sure what time we can realistically get to the restaurant - and was told I COULD NOT hold more than one ressie for any given meal.

So.... I had to call back and book the second one under my mom's name.

Go Figure:confused:

Originally posted by EsmeraldaX
Not for all. I only had to use a cc for the Hoop Dee Doo & Crystal Palace & the fantasmic dinner package at H&V.

I think you only need a cc for shows, character meals and packages.

I currently have PS's for trip next month for character meals at Chef Mickey's (dinner) and Crystal Palace (breakfast) and didn't have to make any deposit or give a cc#. I did have to make a $10 per person deposit earlier this year for our character breakfast at Cinderella's in May.

~Ellen

Originally posted by 3for Me
Esmerelda X

I just tried to make two dinner reservations for two different times for a similar reason - just not sure what time we can realistically get to the restaurant - and was told I COULD NOT hold more than one ressie for any given meal.

This is why I'm concerned. I don't want to lose the 5:05 PS, because if the plane is late, I'll miss the 4 pm one and won't be able to get in at all...

:(

Originally posted by 3for Me
Esmerelda X

I've got abunch on the same days, differnt days since we do not know for sure when we will be there ( will not be definite till end of dec,) not one has even asked me! I 'm going to cancel what ever I don't need but have a bunch that overlap due to fireworks and such.
just wondering did you try to make them both at the same time? I have called in different times as our plans change so maybe they do not know I have so many!

No. I had asked if any more times had opened up, hoping for something later, since it is for dinner on our day of arrival and I did not want to get to the parks hungry at 3, and have to skip lunch because dinner would be at 5. There was one for 4 which seemed early for me for dinner but if we're hungry from skipping lunch we might want it. Then I realized that landing at 10:15 if the flight is not delayed, we might not even be at the MK at 4, so I told the CM I wasn't sure and could I hold onto the 4 o clock with my 5 o clock and she said yes.

Put one in your name and one in another traveler's name and you'll have no problem. We had to do it to get seating for 20 since we didn't want the group times they give you (first 20 minutes or last 20 minutes of meal times....so between 4-4:20 or 9:20-9:40 for one restaurant...too early and too late). So we went with split ressies...2 PS for 10 people each....and will just hope that they can seat us together. But one had to be in my name and one in DH name.

BTW, I already had PS at another restaurant for that meal and they didn't mind making another set. Will cancel whichever one family votes against so others can benefit.

Katie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter