• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

2 Rooms 5 People 1 Free Dining & 1 AP??

DiscussDisney

Let the magic begin!
Hi everyone,

Hoping I can get some advice as to whether or not this is possible to do.

Here is my dilemma. We are a family of 5 going to WDW at the end of September. We are staying at the CR 2 Rooms using AP Rate. We decided against the dining plan because we were saving $156.10 per night incl. tax using the AP Rate. Additionally, since we always have sit down breakfasts and dinners (generally no lunch), the meal plan didn't make a whole lot of sense.

But I got thinking. Is it possible to book 1 room with the meal plan for all 5 of us and book another room at the AP Rate? Here's my calculations:

2 Standard Rooms at CR 6 nights with Free Meals for 5 - $4106.35
2 Standard Rooms at CR 6 nights (1 w/ Free Meals for 5 & 1 w/AP Rate) - $3805.33 ($300.00 savings)

If I could swing the second scenario, it would probably make sense to do the meal plan. But I was wondering if Disney will allow me to book this way.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

we're booking two rooms at POFQ, one w/the free meal plan for the 4 of us and the second using the 30% off coupon we got as part of the class action settlement... so i don't see why your scenario would not work...

This is a GREAT thread! We have the same scenario exactly. We're a family of 5 and have 2 rooms at the CR Tower (3 nights) and 2 rooms at the GF LV (4 nights). We're currently booked with the AAA rate, but are hoping for the AP rate. I had thought about the doing exactly what you're hoping if the free dining is extended. Even if it costs a few hundred dollars more (losing the AP rate) we'll eat that much in food!

My only question is if you book it this way, do they allow you to request connecting rooms? Please let us know if it works! PD for you!

why do you families of 5 need two rooms??????? Just curious as we will be there in Sept...

All value resorts and most mods (Port Orleans Riverside excluded) can only accommodate 4 people per room. You may request a roll-away bed which are few are far between at the CBR and there is a $15 per night charge. Generally, they will not allow you to book 5 per room unless for a deluxe resort.

the op did say the CR...that is why I was wondering 2 rooms, wouldn't be neccessary w 5 at CR

You can put 5 in a room at the Contemorary, but a lot of people want to 2 rooms for more space and the extra bathroom. :)

You can do your 2nd scenario. It takes a bit more work coordinating it, especially if you try to do it in one phone call but it can be done!

Thanks for the replies. I am going to call this morning to see if I can do this, but, I agree, it will probably have to be with 2 phone calls. Essentially, I will be assigning myself to two rooms.....and I am sure the CM will tell me no. I just hope I don't have check-in issues.

triplefigs - I'll reply back here once I make my ressies to see if the connecting room request can be done. We usually stay at the WL and, believe it or not, we always request connecting rooms and NEVER get them. It's probably just us, but we always end up being one or two doors away from eachother. :confused3

Momofmnm - Lollipop Mom hit it on the nose. Although the CR allows 5 guests in the room, we really prefer the extra space and bathroom. We are 3 adults and 2 kids and it really helps having the extra room, not being on top of eachother and all. Plus we get two TV's!!!

Be back later will an update......

Lollipop Mom said:
You can put 5 in a room at the Contemorary, but a lot of people want to 2 rooms for more space and the extra bathroom. :)

You can do your 2nd scenario. It takes a bit more work coordinating it, especially if you try to do it in one phone call but it can be done!

Lollipop Mom,

We're using DU for this trip. Do you think they could do it for me? Or will I need to call and do this myself, cancel the original ressie with DU, and then transfer the entire *NEW* reservation back to my TA at DU?

Any other tips when trying to book this way?

Thank you!

DiscussDisney said:
Thanks for the replies. I am going to call this morning to see if I can do this, but, I agree, it will probably have to be with 2 phone calls. Essentially, I will be assigning myself to two rooms.....and I am sure the CM will tell me no. I just hope I don't have check-in issues.

triplefigs - I'll reply back here once I make my ressies to see if the connecting room request can be done. We usually stay at the WL and, believe it or not, we always request connecting rooms and NEVER get them. It's probably just us, but we always end up being one or two doors away from eachother. :confused3

PD for you! Please let me know how it turns out!

DiscussDisney said:
Momofmnm - Lollipop Mom hit it on the nose. Although the CR allows 5 guests in the room, we really prefer the extra space and bathroom. We are 3 adults and 2 kids and it really helps having the extra room, not being on top of eachother and all. Plus we get two TV's!!!

This is EXACTLY why we're booking 2 rooms. Especially for the 2 bathrooms! While they are little we want to be on the monorail. When they are a little older, we'll probably just book a 2BD Villa at BC or BWI.

DiscussDisney said:

Be back later will an update......

I just posted almost the same question (but there are 6 of us.) My hope is that this will work. Let us know!

Beth

I booked this way (one room with everyone on a package and another room booked room only requesting connecting rooms) for a client earlier this week. The CM I spoke with told me she couldn't put 2 rooms on one reservation unless they were both room only or both package but not one of each.

You can not put them both in the same name without risking Disney kicking them back out BUT you can put one in your name and one in your spouse's name. If the CM doing the booking questions having the same name in both rooms, tell them that your husband is a junior and it's your FIL in the other room but that they have the same name. Chances are they won't question it, especially if done in 2 different phone calls. Just make sure that both reservations have the NAME & confirmation # of the other ressie associated and note that you are requesting connecting rooms. Let them know it is family members in both rooms rather than a situation where it is you and your neighbor just happening to travel togehter. :)

Hi again!!

OK....Everything worked out fine. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. The CM was very nice and helped me with both reservations. You definitely have to have two separate reservations. One for the package and one for the room only. The CM will note on both reservations that they are "family related" reservations, so you can go ahead and make requests for connecting rooms. The CM put both reservations under my name because I was using my credit card. This scenario worked out to be $301.00 less than if I did free dining for 2 rooms.

Now I will have to wait and see what happens at check-in, although I really don't expect any problems. It's not like I am getting the second room for free :earseek: .

Good luck to everyone else!! And THANKS for all your help!!

DiscussDisney said:
Hi again!!

OK....Everything worked out fine. It was actually easier than I thought it would be. The CM was very nice and helped me with both reservations. You definitely have to have two separate reservations. One for the package and one for the room only. The CM will note on both reservations that they are "family related" reservations, so you can go ahead and make requests for connecting rooms. The CM put both reservations under my name because I was using my credit card. This scenario worked out to be $301.00 less than if I did free dining for 2 rooms.

Now I will have to wait and see what happens at check-in, although I really don't expect any problems. It's not like I am getting the second room for free :earseek: .

Good luck to everyone else!! And THANKS for all your help!!

That's great news! I'm saving this thread for our November trip. I hope they extend the free dining offer. If they do, I will hopefully do one room as free dining and one as a room only.

BTW, who did you list as the occupant of the AP room? I presume you put all 5 of your names on the free dining room for the food. Just wondering who you listed on the 2nd room.

Thanks!

The CM didn't ask me who I was assigning to the second room, now that I think about it. I just looked on disneyworld.com and it only says my name. :confused3 I am sure that will be ok.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter