2 unrelated questions

fervour

Mouseketeer
Concerning Express passes, in an earlier post CoasterFEV had said that multiple express passes for multi-day ticket holders was ending 7/1. Can anyone confirm that this happenned? ---I know CoasterFEV is always right ----but I'm hoping they reconsidered this.

Concerning Rock the Universe (Sep 7-8), the website says that the Rock tickets are good starting at 4pm. Do they chase out the regular guests like they do during HHN?

Last year we left around 6:30, it was so crowded, it wasnt worth staying with that big crowd..

patty

Sorry, they didn't reconsider. The only consideration was for 2-park annual passholders who purchased their annual pass prior to 6/30/01. They will have an additional 30 days (through July 31st) to hold 3 Express passes at a time. This gives the marketing department time to mail them all notices of the change. The one-pass per person rule (regardless of ticket type) was instituted on Sunday 7/1.

USF does NOT clear the park prior to Rock the Universe. It is considered a bonus-event and is included with your admission to the park.

I did not know Rock the Universe was a bonus event. Maybe I can hang around and ride Jaws at night! :bounce:

wow, and i bought my annual pass on Jun. 30! :D
I was wondering why I was able to get multible express passes! I did see a few disappointed multi-day pass holders who were upset that the Express was not working for them. Bummer.

Thanks, everyone, for the info and input! ---The 7th is the last day of my trip down there, but I am a bit interested in hearing the bands ---maybe i'll just stay one more night-----errr decisions, decisions.

Sorry, Barry...

Rock the Universe is similar to Mardi Gras. All attractions close at the scheduled park closing time. The concerts start up after that.

now I'm confused. The annual passport "report" mailed to me listed www.rocktheuniverse.com as the official website for the event, and on that website, it says "your favorite attractions open until 1AM". I am not doubting you, CoasterFEV, because you are usually right even when the websites are wrong. But I wish that Universal would send a consistent message. ----not a big problem ----I am gonna enjoy the parks anyway!!!!!

That may be good news.

To be perfectly honest, I am not 100% sure how the Rock the Universe even will transpire this year.

I should have stated in my previous post that it was now previous years RtU events were run. I think it's a great idea to keep some of the larger attractions open during the event - it will help disperse the crowds somewhat and give some people (i.e. parents) something to do if they don't want to watch the concert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter