20% Off using DC Card

RAC

Mouseketeer
Did anyone else get their news letter from DC and see the 20% off during September 16-29?
I got mine in the mail today. It says some restrictions apply. See store for details.

RAC :)

I need to buy 2. This would be a great discount!

I got my DC Newsletter with this info in it last week. I don't THINK that you need a coupon for this promotion. But if you do, I would imagine that you can get it from the website. I THINK that the address is www.disneyclub.com
They are supposed to have the most up-to-date info on discounts there.
Good Luck and Happy Shopping! :)

Thanks for the heads up! I will be shopping at TDS this weekend. :)

I am totally confused by this. Do they offer discounts in some areas but not others? I checked the site and couldn't find any info and I went into the store Sunday the 16th and none of the cm's working there knew anything about this at all. One girl even mentioned she is a DC member herself and had not received anything personally either. I didn't know they would offer a discount in one area but not another:-(

Thanks for the help!

CatOne:confused:

Hi CatOne!

Just another case of us knowing more than the CMs again! :D
Check out

THIS LINK . You will have to sign in first. If you don't get directly to the page and end up on the home page, click on the Merchandise button on the left side of the page. There it tells you all about it. Everyone who is a DC member is entitled to this discount.
Happy Shopping! :)

Thank you so much Beth R. Now, I just hope I saved my receipt from Sunday!! One more question, is this offer valid for sale items? Has anyone used it for sale items yet? Thanks again!! You guys are the best source for Disney info ever!!!

Have a great day!!
CatOne

God Bless America!!

Yes! It's valid on sale items. I just got my DD a very cute Bear in the Big Blue House tee-shirt/short-alls set (size 3T for next year) for $7.19 including all discounts. It was originally $24.

Went to the Disney Store close to work & presented copy of page from above poster's link of Disney Club website, explaining the 20% off. After much confusion, I was told my Disney Club card was not what I needed to get the 20% off. They said I needed a coupon or the ad from the Disney Club newsletter. I told them I didn't think you needed a coupon, but they insisted, so I purchased my items at the regular 10% discount. When I got home (persistant person I am) I called another local Disney Store AND the Disney Club. Both told me there is no coupon or paperwork necessary, and I could go for a price adjustment. So, I call the store I went to back to let them know (persistant person I am :]) and they still tell me I need the newsletter. I wish the sales info would get to the stores and the CM BEFORE they begin, as it would save me and other clubmembers embarrasment.

frannn..I am with you as far as the persistence goes!! I fired off an email to the Disney Club and here is the number I received to call about my "benefits". 800-654-6347. This is proably the regular number but I have been too busy to call today to find out what the problem is!! Here is my experience, I printed the info off the website given above by Beth R. I took it in with me and two of the three people in the store were clueless, one of them being a manager. The first cm told me I must need a coupon when I pointed out to her the info clearly stated that I did NOT need a coupon but simply to present my card she took it to the other two managers there. One knew the deal. When I went to check out she did ask if I had a letter and the girl told her I was the one who brought the info in from the DC's website. The manager then told me that they knew about it but were not allowed to mention it themselves. I told her that was not the case as I was in there Sunday the 16th and was told they knew nothing of the info. She looked at me kinda funny, like they should have known, but she didn't say anything else. SO, if you were not one of the lucky Dis members to get this info on the board or a letter you are being cheated out of your extra 10% and even if the cm's know they are not going to tell you!! I agree, unbelievable! You must call tomorrow and find out what in the world is going on and get your extra 10%!!! I know this is probably petty in the scheme of things, but I am with you, if that is what you are supposed to receive, then they should honor it!! Also, I want to call and find out the deal about the newsletter, which I have yet to receive, and why some members received this letter and others did not. I was never told when I joined that there might be times when special benefits were offered to a select few and if that is the case I am not interested in the DC for the future. Please post and tell me what happens. Like I said, I may be silly but this annoying the heck outta me.

CatOne

How aggravating! I'm reading my Disney Club newsletter right now. It says,
Save 20% on your purchase at Disney Store when you present your Disney Club card, September 16-29, 2001.

Beth

Okay, after reading B3Lm and Frann's post I called the DC! I got a very nice representative that told me that they only knew about this because one of the cm's she works with is a member and brought in her letter to let them know what is going on! This was really handled poorly. She read the letter and said it didn't even make much sense as there is actually one little sentence mentioning a coupon but there is NO coupon!! She said maybe they wanted us to bring our letters or at least print it off the site since you could not access this if you were not a member. She said they definitely do not limit any specials to one area etc. SO, Frann, she said to call them and they would handle it for you and be sure you got the correct price. Her name was Erin, probably a million cm's but I just thought I'd let you know. Also, if you happen to get someone that doesn't know what's going on, ask for someone else. Best of luck!!!

CatOne

I am finding this all absolutely RIDICULOUS!!! The DC promotes its website as the place to go for the most current information on DC benefits. And on the WEBSITE it says that all you have to do is to present your DC card.
About the mailing - I am sure that it was not meant for any "targeted" area, sometimes it just takes time to get on the list. And if it is at all like the newsletter for the Annual Passholders, some people have their passes for the entire year and never receive the mailings!!! Disney seems to be very lax in this area (as well as the area of communication of Discount information. :rolleyes: )
I would encourage everyone to be very persistant in this matter. You have paid $30 or $40 dollars to be a member of this "club" and you should be entitled to ALL of the benefits - WITHOUT hassle!!!

yep, they really let the ball drop on this one. By the way BethR, I went to the site by way of disney.com and I still don't see anything on their site about the discount!! The only way I find it is to go through the link you gave us!!! The cm I talked to assured me I would begin to receive the newsletters, which I have not up to this time, but she also told me the newsletters they have for September do not mention this at all!!! She assured me they do not target certain areas and that a benefit for one member is a benefit for all members. SO, I sent off another email. I used the addy that is at the bottom of the newsletter on their site to tell them a special trip etc. OR to let them know how you feel about the club. Which right now is not so great. I let them know that in a nice but firm way. I think we should all send them an email on this one!!! It is unfair that people are missing out on this. 20% may not seem like a lot but it all adds up and when combined with the other sale prices it can save quite a bit. I hope this one gets straightened out and the next promotion for the DC is handled better.

CatOne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter