$20 trick and Royal Pacific Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil from PA

Mouseketeer
Has anybody recently tried the $20 trick at RPR? If you did, what did you get?

That is when you check into a hotel you simply slip the front desk clerk a $20 bill with your confirmation credit card, while asking "Do you have any complimentary upgrades available?". The general rule of thumb is that the front desk clerk will check for upgrades and if they cannot find anything they will return your tip, making it risk free for you!

I have seen reports where this is no longer allowed at these hotels...would be interested to know if that is true.

I usually just ask for what I want (comp a microwave, for example) and free parking...they will never give you free parking, but they will often times comp you something reasonable. Keep your expectations reasonable and be respectful if they turn you down. I find it helps the earlier I arrive, which is usually around 5:30 to 6am.

I have stayed probably close to 15 times on property with majority of the time at RPR. I have always found them to be exceptionally helpful and willing to do what they can without any gratuity involved.

I am actually only really concerned with room placement but I am arriving on a Wednesday so I don't even think that is going to be an issue. Am looking to get into tower 3 to avoid long walks to the park.

I know this happens in Vegas because my father has done it, but I've never heard of this in resorts like Universal or Disney!

Has anybody recently tried the $20 trick at RPR? If you did, what did you get?

That is when you check into a hotel you simply slip the front desk clerk a $20 bill with your confirmation credit card, while asking "Do you have any complimentary upgrades available?". The general rule of thumb is that the front desk clerk will check for upgrades and if they cannot find anything they will return your tip, making it risk free for you!

What happens in vegas, stays in vegas...including the $20 sandwich lol

It works just fine there just don't be surprised if your 'tip' is taken even if you don't receive any sort of upgrade or a miniscule one.

Large % of guests onsite @ Universal are youfirst members, many looking for day-of Gold level paid upgrade to a suite.

IMO Shorter stays have better success rate in general anywhere when asking for a small, complimentary upgrade such as view

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter