20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
And this one should be another T.O.P......

unless of course, one of you is sneaking in there right at this very second..........

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

Thanks Stacey! Actually LeiLani asked for a copy of your write-up and was going to add to it, but I don't think she got back from Florida yet.

I love the fact that people are getting together before the cruise.

Mary.....are you sure you & Mark can't slip away for a weekend???? I truly don't have a suite, but..... we could find room somewhere!!!!

I just e-mailed LeiLani...since we haven't heard from her, I was wondering if she was back from Florida, in Las Vegas, how her mom was.......hoping all is okay.

Off I go.....at least to look busy so that the DH will quit giving us those "lazy people" looks!

Stacey - much as I would love to - no way. My boss if off all next week so I'm in charge of the department. No way I can get a day off. Plus we just paid off the cruise as far as Disney is concerned but still have the credit card that has to come through.

I did just got our confirmation for our one bedroom with a Boardwalk view for next June! That will be our next trip back to the world.

Good thing you are going away - you are getting pretty close to me on post counts for this thread :D

Mary, Great newsletter. I love reading them every month. On my way to work. Talk to you all later. Gail

Stacey, sounds like you dodged a bullet. We get a lot of wildfires here too, but never one I could see from our house! Well, smoke, but no flames.

And you did great on the meet report. Remember, Leilani and I helped drink the two bottles of wine, we were in no condition to be reporting. Nice newsletter, Mary, thanks! Every time I read shore excursions I fell anxious, because I don't know what to do. I may just ride the dive boats and snorkel a bit where it's good. Trying to figure out if I would be more nervous being on the boat/in the water with my family diving beneath me, or better off not anywhere near.

Wow, a Boardwalk view! Those are legendary, congratulations. We will never have one of those because we don't own at BWV, but we did have a good view of Illuminations from our BCV balcony one time.

Gail, that camp sounds super awesome! Is that the camp they do the TV show about? You're so lucky to have that in your area, I think most of us have kids that would love it.

Just so you all don't think my two Las Vegas "girlfriends" are lushes...one of my friends drank some, too. AND...they were debating on the 2nd bottle..."Should we? Shouldn't we?"....and I just told the waiter to bring it on!! So, it's my fault. It always is!:guilty:

Oops.....DH, the hard-working guy...just walked in and caught me sitting here again. Do you know how many Sundays he watches TV while I clean and do laundry?? Why am I letting this make me feel guilty? Do you men take a class in that???

Guess I better go..............

Stacey, don't feel bad - I'm about to get the guilty look too.

I wish I could get the DW to cook and clean while I sit in front of the TV watching the NASCAR race!

Paul

I get that same thing. Well, he doesn't really give me "the look", but he bustles about, and that makes me feel guilty. Of course, he's not around on the weekend much to do that. And sometimes when I think he's in the garage working, he's doing something with his scuba equipment. He won't be reading this, right?

For all of you with the Travel Channel, there's a new WDW special airing tonight at 9 Eastern. A new one, not one of the ones that has been on 50 times!

Originally posted by justmestace

Oops.....DH, the hard-working guy...just walked in and caught me sitting here again. Do you know how many Sundays he watches TV while I clean and do laundry?? Why am I letting this make me feel guilty? Do you men take a class in that???

Guess I better go.............. [/B]

Stacey,
I'm sitting here getting caught up on all the posts, and watching the race at the same time. Paul just sits and watches the race. At least I'm multi-tasking. I'll cook and clean very soon.

I wanted to tell you, when we were in Key West, Paul and I did a lot of walking. We did a snorkel excursion in the AM, got cleaned up, ate lunch and headed out. The island is very flat, so the walking is not difficult. We walked the main part Mallory Square and then walked up Duval to find the Hard Rock, a requirement of Paul's when we travel. We were on the opposite side of the rode when we found it, (it's not very far from the Square area) so we decided to just keep walking and walked all the way to Highway 1. We could see the ocean on the other side. It was a great walk. By the time we got back to the Hard Rock I was so thirsty, so be sure and take something to drenk. We both ordered a drink and found out we could take them to go. We did our req'd t-shirt purchase, and walked back just in time to see the sunset from Mallory Square. Then we enjoyed all the street performers and strolled back to the ship.

I told Paul I want to do the conch train or trolley this time, just to get the full experience. If we had kept walking we could have seen the South Point bouy. We were about 2/3rds of the way there. I think it would be cool to rent a motor scooter and tour around too. I'd love to go put-putting up to some of the biker bars on the island just to see the look on the hog rider's faces. Paul thinks that would be very dangerous in too many ways.

We were not that impressed with the snorkel trip so we're going to find something else to do. We were in port there until at least 9:00pm so it's a long stop.

Pam

Hi Pam!!
I didn't think the snorkeling would be too great there. Thus, we will be touring the town!
Tell Paul I'M not afraid of them old bikers.....I say "Let's do it!!"
Most of them are actually pretty nice guys. Did a funeral for a Hell's Angel when I was a florist. (I'm very multi-faceted!)
Isn't there a place called Hog's Breath or something? I have to have that shirt!

Oops....gotta run, everyone is ready to pile into the car for dinner.

Did Paul get a Hard Rock t-shirt in Vegas??

Gotta run...back later,
Stacey

Just spoke with GaRry, they are somewhere around Macon GA. They have been making pretty good time. Since he isn't here I dont have to worry about anyone making me feel guilty about not doing the cleaning or laundry. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

Pam women have always been better at multi-tasking!!!!! (we just won't tell them)
We also will most likely do a walking self tour of Key west. (or skooters) I think last time we walked 3/4 of the way to to top of the Island. GaRry wants to go to the Mel Fisher's museum. That will be top priority. Haevn't even begun to plan other excursion. I guess we better start planning we will be the only ones without something to do.

Have a great evening!!

Vicki
:boat:

Vicki, please tell gaRry that I've been sitting on the front steps all day waiting for them to pick me up. Now I find out they are in GA, way too far south of me. I guess it is true - men just won't stop and ask for directions!!! :teeth:

Originally posted by afff
We are off to Sandusky, Ohio ( Cedar Point ) early tommorrow morning.

Just got back from Orlando's Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort. Orlando is still there for everyone coming this week. This is a great off property hotel if you need to stay off property.

Even while living so close to WDW, my DS is jealous of Cedar Point. That is his favorite park, bets WDW because of the rides.

Originally posted by Dancind
I get that same thing. Well, he doesn't really give me "the look", but he bustles about, and that makes me feel guilty. Of course, he's not around on the weekend much to do that. And sometimes when I think he's in the garage working, he's doing something with his scuba equipment. He won't be reading this, right?

Busted. He may not read it, but he will hear about it.

Working on the scuba equipment is important because it is a life and death issue. Same reason for buying new equipment. Life and death. Don't you want to have the very best, very newest for DD?

You can tell we have had the same discussion at our house. While heading to MCO this afternoon I tried to detour to Divers Direct. DW would not hear of it. We are going next Sunday after leaving BC. Need a new wet suit for DD so she is not cold at CC. At least that is what I am saying to get into Divers Direct!

Stacey,
There is the Hogs Breath Saloon, not far from port as I recall. We saw it fairly early in our trek that day. It was very crowded and noisy, so must be a fun place.

Paul has several T-shirts from HR Las Vegas, since he goes there every year. He actually has quite a collection of Hard Rock t-shirts and glasses. Too many glasses!!! I keep telling him we don't need anymore glasses. He really needs to start the whole pin collecting craze, they take up a lot less space.

Vicki, what is Mel Fisher's museum? I'll have to look that one up.

I'm going to do some info hunting on some of the ports we've been to before. Although Paul likes to always book through the cruise line, so he doesn't have to worry the ship leaving without him, if I see something close we could do on our own I'd like to do that. That's where all of you on the boards are helpful by sharing experiences on excursions. I hope to read some trip reports about Antigua and get some pointers about excursions.

Well I better get to that cooking and cleaning I'm suppose to do. I'll check in later.
Pam

Originally posted by scuba diver
Working on the scuba equipment is important because it is a life and death issue. Same reason for buying new equipment. Life and death. Don't you want to have the very best, very newest for DD?

I had to pick the kids up today at the campground. My parents have been there all weekend and the kids have stayed. We adults went each evening for dinner and a campfire, but got to sleep in our own bed! YIPPIE!

Anyway...when I got there today, they were still out fishing, so I picked up the book my dad was reading and started to read it. You SCUBA people may be interested....

It's called "Shadow Divers" I believe. About some divers that go down and explore shipwrecks. And they found a U-boat that apparently no one knew even existed--somewhere off of New Jersey.

I only got through the introduction and chapter 1, but it was very interesting. Gets ya into the psyche of a diver.

Ever hear of it?

Originally posted by scuba diver
Even while living so close to WDW, my DS is jealous of Cedar Point. That is his favorite park, bets WDW because of the rides.

We've talked to lots of cast members and when we say we're from Ohio lots of them mention Cedar Point. They've either BEEN there or WANT TO GO there.

Dh is taking the kids later this month. No point in me going as the rides will make me sick. Anyway, we'll have a new puppy I'll need to care for! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter