20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by lneeley
Okay, so I'll post each subject in a different message: (you know I need that 100,000)

Lynda-I'm so glad that DCL came to their senses and got Cash a verandah! The tree might be a little hard to come up with, although we could find a chain saw and cut a Florida tree down.....

Which made me think......you know, they have blow up palm trees at Oriental Trading. Do you think Cash could learn to do his thing on a blow up tree?

At least that way you could just have the deck hands spray it down each day! Maybe we could find some evergreen freshner spray, spray the tree, so it smells real.

What do you think?

Linda

I think that is a stupendous idea...I've got a bitty tree around here somewhere, too (where IS that thing?) but, believe it or not, Cash is doing wonderfully well using blades of grass to water...Overkill, to be sure, but it's getting better than the 4-foot trajectory of a month ago....I've been telling him...No peeing on the Mouse. DCL is putting a huge box of grassy sod on the verandah so I can just let him out to go as soon as I spray it with the training stuff to let him know that, among all the hard surfaces on the ship, this bit of grass is all his. In fact, the cost of the sod will be the first charge on my on-board account...Now THAT'S a first for a DCL cruiser!
And, there won't be much to hose off. The box will be cleared of solids immediately and as long as he doesn't come down with a sudden kidney problem, there won't be too much additional weight for the box to hold. That grass is gonna have one heck of a burn after 10 days, though...princess:

That is so dang funny. You might have to start charging hourly rental fees to your private verandah, with palm tree, grass, etc.

You could advertise it as "Your own private sunbathing spot with a palm tree and your own patch of grass!" Then you could re-coup the cost of the grass!

Linda

P.S. I wouldn't advertise about the free "poop", it's an added extra benefit!

:teeth:

Here is the response from the US Virgin Islands tourism office in regards to St. Thomas and Christmas day.

Good day!
Yes, if there are cruise ships in port, many stores and tourist attractions will open on Christmas day...albeit for limited hours of operation.

Jill, Pixie Dust is headed your way from Dee and the gang here...

Lynda, I soooooooooooooo want pictures of the varenda (I'd say I want to caome see it but that's tacky!) And one of Cash in action on the varenda :teeth:

Back to the salt mines for me.

:wave:

43% of Votes were witheld against Eisner!

Holy cow!! Unprecedented negative vote in corporate history!!

His days are numbered!

- David

Thanks for the info David. Great news. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Linda

I was just reading the MSNBC internet report on Eisner and the shareholders meeting. On an unofficial question on the site, 65% of the people responding feels that Eisner needs thrown out and that it is time for new leadership.......

athurstance..........

What did you hear on the other forums?

We were planning on staying at the Radisson as well.

Happy Wednesday evening everyone.

Jill we are sending you pixie dust your way.

Virgil, I hope work was not to bad today.

Another nice day in NY. I am loving this beautiful weather. I hope it stays this way. We are expecting rain but it is better than snow.
Talk to you all later. Gail:earsgirl:

Hi all - home from work.

Wow - can't believe the vote against Eisner was that high!

Wonder what the next step will be!

We've had really nice weather in Chicago as well. The daffodils are starting to poke through the soil! I can't wait for Spring to get here in full bloom!

Originally posted by afff
athurstance..........

What did you hear on the other forums?

We were planning on staying at the Radisson as well.

afff,

Here is a link to the thread. Cancelled the Radisson

From what little I read it seems to be mostly about the shuttle and getting reservations for it. We've stayed their twice without any problems. I will say that when we were there last February we ended up on the Avis shuttle. With Avis moving away and only the hotel shuttle available I wonder if that is part of the problem.

Did you know you can sort the threads by number of replies. We are #1. 2nd place was the 1/31 cruise who topped out at 2661 posts (and now have a thread on the main cruise board to keep in touch).

We are also #1 in views with over 33000.

Wow!

Hi...I'm here, but not for long. Going out to eat. I'll be back when we get home and I've helped the kids load up their gear for their fun weekend away.

First and foremost: Jill......lots and lots of Pixie Dust & prayers!

Mary, I'm glad you're smart enough to figure out the posts and all. I was wondering if we were going to be the group with an all-time record high #. :teeth:

I'm glad I got my vote in online in time to express my opinion!!!
My one little vote wasn't worth much, but every little bit helps!!

Dee, I've been known to "document" (that's what I call it so that it seems reasonable) some pretty weird things on our trips......but so far have not photographed a doggy poop box.
My #1DD is box training her puppy. They live in an apartment, and the landlady (that would be me) had told her "No Pets", but I fell in love with the little guy. She knew I would.
I think one of my dumbest pictures, which turned out to be the funniest, was the first time I saw a bidet, our plumber friend was showing me how it worked....let me clarify....showing how to turn on the water....
and I wanted to take a picture of it....caught the shot just in time to see him get sprayed in the face BIG TIME!!!:rotfl:

Anyway...better go...talk to you later,
Stacey

It's a quiet night. Hopefully when Stacey returns she will talk to herself for awhile and get our numbers up.

I gotta go pay bills....try to be back later.

WOW - T.O.P

I think that it's been a long time since I was at the top.....
(see I didn't say I was on top..... :rotfl: )

Videogal 1 - sent you a PM.....

Virgil
pirate:

To say the shareholder's meeting was long is a bit of an understatement - it lasted over 5½ hours :earseek:
Stanley talked for about 15 minutes then Roy talked about another 10 minutes - they were the only ones to get the crowd motivated and clapping. We sat about 6 rows in front of the family.
It was after 3:30 when the vote tallies were announced and it was quite impressive to hear the numbers.
Then I read at 9:00 tonight that the board had decided to split the Chairman and CEO positions and that George Mitchell was voted in as Chairman unamimously(sp?) :earseek: He received approximately 23% withheld votes and the board still elects him Chairman - go figure?!? :confused:

It must be a bit early for the west coasters and too late for the east coasters, and I have no idea where the mid-section of the country is tonight. So I'm off to bed to get some much needed rest.
G'night all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter