20041218-cruise-friends-memories Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
jhemond said:
Question for all the DVC cruisers - we are DVC members, but didn't book through them. I know there is a member get together. How do we get invited? Do we stop by the DVC desk? If so, where is it and what do we need to bring (our DVC ID?)? Thanks!

All members are by default invited, but the invites usually only get out to people who book on points, as that's how they know who are members.

You are already right, just stop by the DVC desk. The desk is usually on 4, right above Triton's.

Wee!

Yet another....

TOP!!!!!!!!!!!!

That makes Top #34!!

This one I share with Jenny!
pirateship.gif

MarkRG said:
All members are by default invited, but the invites usually only get out to people who book on points, as that's how they know who are members.

You are already right, just stop by the DVC desk. The desk is usually on 4, right above Triton's.

Wee!

Thanks. I thought that's what I remembered reading. I like to get BOPs and setting people up for TOPs. :cheer2:

MarkRG said:

pirateship.gif
Sad to say Mark won't be sailing with us as it appears he and his pirate ship are on the Wonder :duck:

Donalds_best_pal said:
Bye, good luck on the tests.

And I went and looked at your forum for the first time this morning.

I have a serious warning for anyone that goes there - The popups attached to there will attempt to install very malicious spyware. Make sure you either have a good popup blocker or, either Spybot or Ad-Aware blocking spyware self installs.

And before you ask Matt, it keeps trying to install Gator, the worst piece of spyware ever.

WDWLVR said:
Sad to say Mark won't be sailing with us as it appears he and his pirate ship are on the Wonder :duck:

MarkRG bops WDWLVR on the head!

But she is right - it's Lumeire's on the Magic.

Good Morning!

Am I early, or is no one very chatty this a.m.?

Mark & Mary...you guys are cute! Thanks for the warning, Mark! About the spyware.

I wrote one last long post last night before I went to bed, but the website was not responding half the time last night, so I guess it didn't go through.
It was something along the lines of: Now that I am basically all packed, I'll spend the rest of the week wondering if I have everything, but I'm not going back in the bags to check.
I'll be spending the rest of my week working, getting my nails done, and getting more excited, which means more anxious, which means more nervous.......

Good Morning everyone. Happy Monday to all.

TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS WHO I HAVE MET THROUGH THIS THREAD OVER THE PAST YEAR AND A HALF:

EVENTHOUGH WE ARE NOT SAILING WITH YOU ALL- I WANTED TO WISH YOU ALL ( AND ALL THE NEWCOMERS) A WONDERFUL AND SAFE TRIP. MAY YOUR TRIP BE WONDERFUL WITH YOUR FAMILIES, NEW FRIENDS, JOY AND HEALTH THROUGH THIS HOLIDAY SEASON. YOU WILL ALL BE IN MY THOUGHTS ON 12/18 AS YOU ARRIVE AT THE PORT. I WILL LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING ALL ABOUT IT. EVENTHOUGH I WILL NOT BE THERE IN PERSON I WILL BE THERE IN SPIRIT. I THINK YOU ARE ALL AWESOME PEOPLE. I AM BLESSED TO HAVE BEEN PART OF THIS GROUP THAT IS SO VERY SPECIAL. HAPPY HOLIDAYS.
HAPPY CRUISING TO ALL!!!!!!!!!!!

I FINALLY GOT SOMETHING QUOTED UNDER MY NAME-YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE AND FRIENDSHIP, GAIL :love:

Here in Ormond Beach area this morning and the local weather guy did a 10 day forcast. Looks like the high on Saturday will be.....ready...

65!!!!!! :eek:

And by checking the weather on aol, looks like a chilly day in Key West on Sunday too. But the upside is the weather at the rest of the stops is looking ok.
I'm going to look at it like this, at least I am in the tropics instead of at home (in GA) freezing my behind off for Christmas!

Already have the laundry started this morning, since I never seem to get out of the house early like I plan to.......will probably have three loads today, and if I just do one load every day till Friday, I'll be able to stay caught up.

My "boss" wasn't kidding about sending invoices. Drats. BUT....he brought them home to work on this weekend, and never got to them! Ha! So, I probably won't have to do them. Yippee! It's not like we're going to be gone for a month! Are we?? pirate: Only if there's a take-over!!!
He always seems to plan his work schedule as though we were never coming back....in which case, why would we care what gone done and what didn't??

We haven't done our Christmas yet. Apparently, Megan & Pete haven't bought any gifts for Jordan & Jared....so we'll be waiting. I just am trying to remember if I got anything for J & J that they might want to bring.....I made a list....but I don't know where it is. Oh well.

Good Morning, Gail!! And thank you, so much.....you will definitely be missed. :hug:

Morning all. Where's Bear was fun. I knew a couple of them, but way to go Leslie!! You Da Woman!

Kids are back from camp. They had fun. One minor snafu that Mom will be working out this morning. DS took his brand new gameboy advance. Apparently on the bus trip back, he was using it as a light to read by (he took the game out, and just turned it on). Someone picked it up and said it was his gameboy. I had put DS's name on it in sharpie, but apparently it wore off over the weekend. He said that the leader has it since they couldn't work out who's it really was. So I'll be calling to leader here in a bit. DS also came back without his coat (he did have it the whole weekend though), and neither kid took their medicine all weekend. I can imagine they must have been fun :rolleyes: NOT!

We're down to one more day and a wake up!

Signing off to call the camp leader, and check the Orlando forecast for the end of the week.

tkd lisa said:
Signing off to call the camp leader, and check the Orlando forecast for the end of the week.

I understand there's a cold snap heading for Florida and should be well settled in by the 18th (low 70's for high)? Was checking the Bahama weather too and we should have low to mid-80's for our CC day. Here's hoping for great weather!

Hey there guys! I knew that I could get a message to you here since you will be leaving soon. We had a great time on the ship last week & wish that we were still there. DD fell asleep after getting changed Friday and didn't get to be in the kid show that afternoon. We did go back & get a shirt for her but they were out of the mickey ear grad hats. If you, or anyone else, could check with them for an extra hat when you take the kids to the rehersal at 4 I would REALLY appreciate it. DS has agreed to put his hat away for a while so that the bickering over it will stop.

Lisa, I know that DH will be going up to PAX after the first of the year so he could pick it up from you then. Looking forward to chatting with you all again after you return! Have a great trip!!!

Good Morning, Cruisers! Five more sleeps and we're on the Magic!

I shopped until I dropped yesterday. The last item was a pair of PJ's for DD to wear on the ship (Slumber Party in the Stack), and the ladies working in that department felt sorry for me because my packages were so heavy! So we had a bit of Christmas last night, DD got her iPod, she was surprised and so excited. Good thing they come with names inscribed, but Alicia's is DIS Boards lime green! Kevin was surprised too, he got a Panasonic mini dvd Camcorder. What a cool item, thanks for mentioning it, Linda. I really needed more help spending that money.

So, light jackets for Key West, you think? I'd actually prefer that to sweltering for just walking around. Not good for everyone planning water excursions though.

Gail, wish you were coming! I got your e-mail, will answer today.

Another day closer!!!!!

Had to finish January's schedule - not going to be some happy physicians.... me included... oh well....

I work the next 3 days - and then I finally get some time off.... Have to finish packing - running errands and such....

Hope that everybody does well on their finals!

Be back later!

Virgil
pirate: TFD

A great way to start the day!!!
A T.O.P.!!!!

lbgraves said:
Hey there guys! I knew that I could get a message to you here since you will be leaving soon. We had a great time on the ship last week & wish that we were still there. DD fell asleep after getting changed Friday and didn't get to be in the kid show that afternoon. We did go back & get a shirt for her but they were out of the mickey ear grad hats. If you, or anyone else, could check with them for an extra hat when you take the kids to the rehersal at 4 I would REALLY appreciate it. DS has agreed to put his hat away for a while so that the bickering over it will stop.

Lisa, I know that DH will be going up to PAX after the first of the year so he could pick it up from you then. Looking forward to chatting with you all again after you return! Have a great trip!!!

I sent Lisa a pm on this. Mary, I'll take care of it for her.

For those of you who haven't been regular Friday night chatters, lbgraves is also a Lisa, and it so happens that her DH works on the same program that I do. Really sweet lady!

ATTENTION TEEN CRUISERS!

Here's the final version of the Teen (and Teen at heart 12 year olds) Secret Santa exchange. Bring a gift under $15, unwrapped (you will need to wrap it on the ship, due to security). Boys bring boys gifts, girls bring girls gifts. Meet at the outdoor seating area aft of Parrot Cay immediately after the group picture in the lobby on Monday at 4:15 pm.

Some of the teens are also planning on attending the Hip Hop class in the Stack together.

Diana,
great pic of HH and Alicia in AP! :)

MUST get something done now.

Just back from getting a trim and picking up dog food (guess I really don't want her to starve to death while I'm gone) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter