20041218-cruise-friends-memories

Status
Not open for further replies.
wdwgoose - Nice to hear that we'll be cruising together again!

We're cruising in October and then we can start thinking about our Christmas 2004 cruise!

Can't wait!

Paul

Hey Paulcrsb - this is great to have someone from a previous cruises on with us again. Maybe we can share a cab from Coki beach again. I am soooo excited I don't know if I can wait until then.
(I had to give up a cruise this year to do this one next year) We will do wdw in November this year instead.

Take care and God Bless
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Vicki

Glad to see that this got bumped up!

All_Ears - nice to know there will be another "young adult" along - my DD will be 18 and my DS21! If your DS is interested in getting to know them - pm me and I'll send you their AIM and email addresses. My two will be joining us in FL straight from final exams at school, so I imagine they'll sleep for the the first day or so! Maybe they'll want to link our cabins to dine w/ y'all.

Mary and Mark, where in N.IL do you live? We're in Wheaton - any chance we can meet before the cruise. Are you involved in any of the Disney groups in this area? Doesn't look like any of our trips to WDW overlap w/ yours. We're long time DVC members - OKW and BCV. Next visit: F&W 11/13.

Ohiominnie - any chance you could change the name of the thread to something like Official check-in thread for Christmas 2004 or 10day cruise or something - there's lot of people on the sticky-note at the top of the board that haven't found us yet!

Is it too early to pack yet?

Karyn

Hi Karyn,

Welcome to the thread and the cruise! Mark and I live in Morton Grove and I think it would be great fun to get together before the cruise to meet. We've only been to one Chicago area meet before and will be out of town for the August one (we are going up to Irish Fest in Milwaukee).

We've been DVC members since Jan. 2000. Our next trip is Dec 2-7th this year, than May 9-12 next year and then the cruise. I'm so looking forward to it, but don't want to rush the years ahead too fast :)

Ohiominnie - I like the idea of a slight name change. We need to keep bumping too so we don't get lost back on page 4 or something. Think of how many posts we can have by the time the cruise gets here!

I brought up the idea with some others about linking dining reservations. I think it would be great to be able to have DIS'ers with or near us. Maybe we should all post what dining we are at (early/late) and if anyone is interested in linking. Then when it gets closer (like next summer - not too close) we could find a way to link the reservations.

I'll go first. It is DH and I - no kids (but we were on the young children's rotation on our May cruise and loved it). We have early seating and would love to have our reservations linked.

Next...

Mary, sounds great. let's have meet and dinner in the city one of these days! Oh, and BTW, I've been on the thread almost since it started!

We want to be linked for dinner! We're on late seating, tho - cause we loved that! There's Randy and I and Collin (21) and Jill (18). I'd love to be at a big table with wonderful DISers!!!

We do need somebody to start keeping track of everybody - on one of the cruises I was going on (but since cancelled) someone actually made a cruise website for our group with pictures and info and everything! It was really cool. I guess at the very least someone could set up a spread sheet on all of us and occasionally post the on-going list of cruisers!

I guess it's time to start facing the "real" world this morning!

Ok, everybody - lets keep this up front and keep on talking!

Karyn

Originally posted by gail1771

My husband will be turing 40. I am a little older. My daughter will be 7.5 at time of cruise and my son will be 3.5. I am new to the DIS Boards.
Welcome to the DIS Boards, Gail. I'll be 40 when we cruise and my wife will be "a little older". And our DS will be the same age as your DD. Nice to know we'll be cruising with folks at the same stage in life!

Great
If its okay I'll get the list started ?????????????
dis name, real names, ages, city & state, cabin # and dining
later can do the excursions. dis meet for sail away party a group brunch at palos ???????
JUST getting going easyier if info could be e mailed to us I,ll post a list as soon as I get it togeather ??????? I'm not sure I can wait this LOOOOOONG !!!!!!!! Any nurses ( dw ) or firefighters (myself ) going ???????????

gaRry
:jester: :smooth: :p

never did grow up

Originally posted by Kabuli1
Mary, sounds great. let's have meet and dinner in the city one of these days! Oh, and BTW, I've been on the thread almost since it started!Karyn

sorry about that - guess my mind was engaged this morning :)

GaRy,

Can you post the request for this information to the two other threads that other cruisers for Xmas 2004 are posting to? The two are: the one TNRobin started about booking info and the information thread at the top of the forum.

Hopefully we'll get everybody together at some point on one thread!

Karyn

Originally posted by wdwgoose
Great
If its okay I'll get the list started ?????????????
dis name, real names, ages, city & state, cabin # and dining
later can do the excursions. dis meet for sail away party a group brunch at palos ???????
JUST getting going easyier if info could be e mailed to us I,ll post a list as soon as I get it togeather ??????? I'm not sure I can wait this LOOOOOONG !!!!!!!! Any nurses ( dw ) or firefighters (myself ) going ???????????

gaRry
:jester: :smooth: :p

never did grow up

Thanks for starting this - I'll send off an e-mail with my info to you!

will get the word out not a proplem by the time we cruise we will have everyone together. you think theres time ?????

gaRry:jester: :smooth: :p

Hey Garry...You better get rocking here, times a dwindling. Are you wearing your green shirt, OR are you going to make XMAS cruise t shirts. Hi Vicki!!!

Joanna

you bet
I need to find joe's hat & hair this way I'll really stand OUT!!!!
trying to get old joe to go still working on him. what a group we had boonesfarm pointed dixie cups t shirts and ALL WOW
not sure if I should do this again????????????????????
you could always change your mind and go??? I'll have joe send you your own bottle top shelf stuff $1.89

gaRry :jester: :smooth: :p

OKAY HELP heres what I have.

ohiominnie & ohiomickey
christmas2004
wdwlvr & markrg
kabuli 1
wdwgoose
paulcrsb
all_ears
two4ruff
3timecruiser
tinkfan
dancind
LG123
tnrobin
outahere
jilljill
gail1771
b&bdiscruisers
lnaylor863
trishy
djs113
tksbaskets
lorraine
kpros
goofydadeo
tchrmom
uromac
Marc & Allison
ITSMAGIC99
Donalds_best_pal
mdvasquez

and I'll keep adding adding adding adding

Looks like we have quite a party forming! Fast work on the list Garry.

Hi all 10 day DCL cruisers 2B!

We are big disney fans who just signed up for the cruise too! This will be our 3rd DCL cruise, and are looking forward to the different ports of call, so please add our names to the list! We have a cat. 6 &11 (I am going with dh and dd1-1 and ds-15) and have requested a late dining. I even convinced my sister and her dh with her ds who will be 2 to join us in a cat. 11. So looks like we are going to have a mini family reunion!

Please tell me how to post our info to officially add it to the list!

Thanks!!

Melissa

:bounce:

well the list grows I'll add your name. you can e mail or pm with ages cabin # or things. just putting all together. hope to send out list to all are you by exit 5 ??

AGAIN WELCOME

EEk, eek! I have a room on hold too...but I am also holding a room on the 4-day Dec 19 cruise! The 4-day is ONLY $2,700 for cat 4, and the 10 day is 10K cat 4!!!!

I really want to do the 10 day Christmas cruise, but for that much money I am leaning toward adding mega-days at the parks!!!!

Decicions, decisions...

Big doings today, we've got a list going and it's growing! That's really exciting!

Good work GaRry! Can't wait to see it all put together!

2belles'mom you really really want to go with us - we are going to be having the BEST time and when will you get a chance like this again??? You got almost a year and a half to save up!

Ok, we need to keep this on page one! Can we manage to do that for 500+ days????

Karyn

We are in 5522. I've emailed Garry to get on "the list"! We can't wait to be a part of this adventure! My wife and I are new residents to Bradenton, FL and will not need airfare for a change. This saves us some $$$. More for cocktails and coffee drinks at Palo! We'd love to have 3 or 4 brunches at Palos. This way we can try more of a variety. We had talapia there in March and it was marvelous! The pizza is simply the best as well. I am so glad we have this group to help each other get excited. We are in favor of any group get together.

Have a great day!
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter