2006 DVC Member Cruise - SSMC06 - October 22, 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im in.... Mark can you change all your sign logos to 2006, i would love to get ahead start on my signs. I missed the first DVC cruise, I was at Members Homecoming, had a blast ! and missed this DVC cruise, I am actually booked for Dec. New Years eve Cruise, i wonder if a can book on board, i doubt it, it probable wouldnt be fare to everyone else.

Tell us all about your cruise, what did you get, is there anymore pics ?

I know the cruise was more money then what disney actually charges, but with all the gifts you get and special treatment its well worth being treat like DVC Family ! :flower:

I went to the DVC member sight and they state to come back Friday 9-9-05 to see pics and details from the member cruise. I bet they mention something about the new one coming up.

Here are the prices for this year's cruise points/dollars per person

Cat 12 90 pts $688
Cat 11 90 pts $688
Cat 10 115 pts $782
Cat 9 123 pts $834
Cat 8 139 pts $938
Cat 7 150 pts $1,000
Cat 6 158 pts $1,058
Cat 5 166 pts $1,110
Cat 4 200 pts $1,318
Cat 3 341 pts $2,217

Additional passengers
over 13 68 pts $458
ages (3-12) 57 pts $406
ages 2 and under 20 pts $196

MS waived the $75 fee with the initial booking
points or cash were due in full at the time of booking

I have a question about booking with points. I booked this years cruise on points and had to borrow from next year to do it so I am trying to figure out if I we will have enough points for next years member cruise. Hopefully one of you more experienced DVC Cruisers can help me?

My use year begins Oct 1st so since this cruise is Oct 22 can I use the remaining points that I would normally get this Oct 05 (what I did not need to borrow) plus the points I would get on Oct. 1st 2006 and borrow points if needed from our 2007 use year? (I hope this makes sense...) I know I will have enough points to get on the basic catagory on the ship but I would love to have the extra points for a veranda!!! I know we could pay cash but we are a family of 4 living on 1 income since I am a stay at home mom and not sure how much cash we could afford for the cruise and spending money....

jekjones1558 said:
Are the prices points per ROOM and dollars per PERSON?
Thanks.
Jean
rsschneck said:
I went to the DVC member sight and they state to come back Friday 9-9-05 to see pics and details from the member cruise. I bet they mention something about the new one coming up.

Here are the prices for this year's cruise points/dollars per person

Cat 12 90 pts $688
Cat 11 90 pts $688
Cat 10 115 pts $782
Cat 9 123 pts $834
Cat 8 139 pts $938
Cat 7 150 pts $1,000
Cat 6 158 pts $1,058
Cat 5 166 pts $1,110
Cat 4 200 pts $1,318
Cat 3 341 pts $2,217

Additional passengers
over 13 68 pts $458
ages (3-12) 57 pts $406
ages 2 and under 20 pts $196

MS waived the $75 fee with the initial booking
points or cash were due in full at the time of booking

Points are also per person..
Think the points will go Up ... ???

jekjones1558 said:
Are the prices points per ROOM and dollars per PERSON?
Thanks.
Jean
Jean - The prices listed are from the DVC 2005 cruise that just returned. The info on the actual prices for the 2006 DVC cruise have not been released yet. The announcement for next years cruise was just released to those on this years cruise and so far, the date and the fact it is a 4 day cruise is all we know. As per last year's prices, those were the prices per PERSON which could be paid via points or dollars.

If two people are going can you pay one in cash and one in points?

Wow! The points are surely NOT a bargain, much better to use cash!
(I realize these are not 2006 prices, but the structure will likely be similar.)

We are planning on doing the 2006 cruise. We did go to the homecoming in 2004.

I am also interested if we can pay one person with points and one in cash.

I wonder when we will be able to book the cruise. I do not have anymore points until Dec.I may not be able to use points once they announce the booking date.

I am not really crazy about paying it all at once so many months out.

gamomof2 said:
If two people are going can you pay one in cash and one in points?

Yes

Pay in all points, all cash or a combination.

I bet the points will go up a little. I hope not too much though. We might have to use some points an some cash so we can use some points to stay @ WDW a few days before or after the cruise.

Interesting that the points are actually higher than DVC would charge for a normal 4 day cruise at the same time of the year. I guess they make up for it with the special goodies. ;)

So you have to pay in full if paying in cash/credit card on the day of the reservation eh? Hmmm

Hygiene99 said:
Points are also per person..
Think the points will go Up ... ???

They'll be different as the season is different.

This last cruise was in Value Season. 2006 Cruise is in Regular Season.

So for example, we did a cat 10 this cruise at 115.

Normally a cat 10 for a 4 night cruise is 104 during value season. So that's an increase of about 110%.

So in Regular season a cat 10 room costs 131. That would be 144 points if the % increase remains the same.

Formula is like this:

(rough* points for MC2006) = (points for 4NightRegular) * (points for MC2005) / (points for 4NightValue)

*= by rough I mean "approximate" obviously if point charts change for DCL in 2006 the numbers change

Basically I'm getting this from having talked to someone on the cruise coordination team, who had said to calculate it this way (using percentages) to get a rough estimate of points.

toddp3 said:
They'll be different as the season is different.

This last cruise was in Value Season. 2006 Cruise is in Regular Season.

So for example, we did a cat 10 this cruise at 115.

Normally a cat 10 for a 4 night cruise is 104 during value season. So that's an increase of about 110%.

So in Regular season a cat 10 room costs 131. That would be 144 points if the % increase remains the same.

Formula is like this:

(rough* points for MC2006) = (points for 4NightRegular) * (points for MC2005) / (points for 4NightValue)

*= by rough I mean "approximate" obviously if point charts change for DCL in 2006 the numbers change

Basically I'm getting this from having talked to someone on the cruise coordination team, who had said to calculate it this way (using percentages) to get a rough estimate of points.

This will make a difference between using points or paying with cash. I guess we will find out when DVC posts the information on the web sight.

We will be looking at the value this cruise holds for our family. Crunching the numbers on the past two cruises made them not a value for us. For $900 more, we could do a 7 day cruise, instead of the 4 day member cruise.

Who knows...maybe the 2006 member cruise costs will be different.

Pixie dust everyone :wizard: Sea ya aboard...... pirate: (maybe)

To hopefully answer a few questions for everyone (since we have been on the both the 2003 and 2005 Member Cruise).

1) You can use cash and points but if you choose the cash option it has to be paid at time of booking (not over time like a regular cruise).

2) DVC has traditionally waived the $75 exchange fee when booking the Member Cruise.

3) If you are comparing a 4 day Member Cruise vs. a regular 4 day DCL cruise at the same time of you I think you will always find the Member Cruise to be more expensive. It is a charter and there are extra costs involved.

4) The 2005 Member Cruise price included tips. Regular DCL cruises do not,

For many of you #3 will make it not worthwhile to try and sail on the Member Cruise. However for those of us who have sailed before we know that those few extra points are well spent for an extraordinary cruise experience.

Member Cruise 2005 was our 7th DCL cruise. All of them have been great but for true entertainment and overall experience Member Cruise 2005 was by far the best! We definately have plans to try and be on the 2006 Member Cruise!

If you pay cash for the cruise, what would the cancellation policy be? Or what was it this year (as we all know things can change!) Thanks!

Hi finally got my DSL back. Did you notice the date they picked was also one of the dates that we could use the point savings that was in our welcome packet. Do you think that will change.

Michele

By the way awesome cruise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter