2006 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

Thanks I know,

Just as DJT re-did the thread in the 2nd installation (cause getting too long) I thought I would restart it for the 3rd. Humphrey1227 was the original starter with the #1 thread.

Mky princess:

Yes, but the "Emerald Isle" is Ireland, whereas the "Emerald Aisle" is the National Car Rental express checkout service mark. In the Emerald Isle they drive on the wrong side of the road, but last I was there I saw more Toyotas and Nissans than I had in prior visits. Last time on National's Emerald Aisle (mid-October, we saw one PT Cruiser, no minivans at all, a couple of Chevy Equinox, some G6 and some Chevy Malibus. I'm not sure what convinced us to take a Malibu, but we did.

Of course, our most recent rental was Emerald Reserve as we needed the minivan to schlep family and luggage (including DS's wheelchair) out to Vero Beach. The Grand Caravan was ot nearly as nice as the one's we've gotten in prior years, but then again, it was the Friday of Presidents' Day weekend, National was all out of minivans, and everything else in the Alamo section was smaller (too small to accommodate the wheelchair). Passing by the Emerald Aisle this time, it was pretty empty, with just a couple of G6.

Last time we did EA we got a PT cruiser. It was a lot of work to drive - the steering wheel. Hard to turn the wheel. Maybe for a guy it wouldn't be bad. I hope we get chevy equinox. humphrey princess:

pumkinboy,

:blush: yikees, must be the st. patricks day approaching. :rolleyes1 I fixed it.

humphrey1227: I rented the PT cruiser once, and it's different, easy to spot but I didn't like the way it drove either.

:smickey: mky

Arrived at 10:45PM on 3/2...B Side...not much. A Saturn Vue, Pontiac Vibe, what looked like a Malibu and a Chevy Equinox.

Chose the Equinox..leather with a moon roof. Nice vehicle but it eats gas.

deltachi8,

Very interested in the equionx! Could you tell me about the trunk space?, what did you think? Is the steering easy? Any problems ? Surprised this was on the aisle! You got very lucky! Congrats! :wizard:

mky:smickey:

We picked up a brand new (6 miles!) Impala on the full size aisle on 2/15. On 2/18, we picked up a nail in the tire, returned it to the airport to exchange it and got another brand new (6 miles again!) Impala!

Both had that new car smell.

Forgot to say that the EA aisle was empty of cars, so they told us to take a full size since that aisle was full of cars

NotUrsula said:
Sheep. Lots of sheep. :teeth:

Plus a couple of golf courses and a whole bunch a partying people today (St. Patrick's Day).

Actually, I think the sheep are there to keep the grass on the golf courses at a managable level! :rotfl2:

duds

At 1159pm last week I saw.... A BIG EMPTY SPACE WITH NO CARS

And about 20 families wandering around looking for cars

And an unhappy National manager

Ended up with a car from Alamo

Maybe you could call this thread the 2006 "What have you seen on the EA" thread?

I provided a link to this thread in the previous EA thread...so hopefully everyone will post here now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter