2007 version: What have you seen on the Emerald aisle?

maciec

AHHHH....Donuts. Is there anything they can't do?
A new year a new thread ..... So what have you seen lately on the EA? :wizard:

Also posted on the '06 thread...

Alright, anyone intrested in TPA, I have another report....

2/15 11PM

8 Chevrolet Malibu
6 Saturn Aura
4 Pontiac G6
3 Chevrolet Malibu Maxx
2 Hyundai Sonata
1 Pontiac Grand Prix
1 Toyota Camry

We booked Premium, so took a Chrysler Pacifica.
Exec aisle was mostly loaded Impalas and 1 Monte Carlo SS

2/20 2PM

2 Pontiac G6
1 Hyundai Sonata
1 Jeep Liberty

Exec aisle was mostly Chrysler Pacificas and Buick Lucerne's.

Feb. 19 - B Side at 12:30pm

Approximate quantities:
5 Malibus
5 G6
3 Impalas
2 Jeep Liberty
1 Saturn Vue
1 Sonata

We arrived Feb. 3 (Saturday @ 11:00AM)-- B side. On the Emerald Aisle all intermediate size cars, but we think we saw one impala. We are Executive Aisle so can choose either. On the Executive Aisle only full size cars -- so we took the magnum. No SUV, no minivans, no convertibles on either aisle. We we dropped off on Friday Feb. 9, we peaked as we were walking to the terminal and saw some bigger stuff on the Executive Aisle, but on the Emerald Aisle did not see any SUVs or minivans. It was only the 2 of us so the magnum was OK. Hubby had wanted to try one, so we did.

On 2/13 there were no SUVs on EA (about 11pm) so we took one from the Executive. We are Executive members.

Anyone see any convertibles recently?
When we where there in October EI was filled with them.
PT cruiseres, VW bug and chrystler convertibles all on EI along with lots of SUV's.
I was hoping for something like that in March....

We arrived Feb. 3 (Saturday @ 11:00AM)-- B side. On the Emerald Aisle all intermediate size cars, but we think we saw one impala. We are Executive Aisle so can choose either. On the Executive Aisle only full size cars -- so we took the magnum. No SUV, no minivans, no convertibles on either aisle. We we dropped off on Friday Feb. 9, we peaked as we were walking to the terminal and saw some bigger stuff on the Executive Aisle, but on the Emerald Aisle did not see any SUVs or minivans. It was only the 2 of us so the magnum was OK. Hubby had wanted to try one, so we did.

Uh oh......that doesn't sound good. The last three trips to Disney, there were several vans and SUVs on the EA. Now I'm wondering if I should book a guaranteed van (but I HATE to pay the price! :eek:)

Uh oh......that doesn't sound good. The last three trips to Disney, there were several vans and SUVs on the EA. Now I'm wondering if I should book a guaranteed van (but I HATE to pay the price! :eek:)

I agree, we too were disappointed in February because when we were there in October both aisles were filled with lots of fun stuff to drive. It took hubby 20 minutes to decide what fun thing he wanted in October. I convinced him to take the dodge caravan (not fun, but practical since our extended family was arriving later and could actually cancel their rental since we had some big). February 07 was our last chance to use Executive Aisle because we didn't make our 40 days last year because we used Alamo for 3 of our 4 trips in 2006. So we were hoping for something exciting for our last visit to the Executive Aisle before being demoted back to Emerald Aisle for 2007. We ended up with the dodge magnum. It was OK. Maybe by the time we get back in 2 months there will be some good choices again. I just wanted to let folks know in case they are hoping for a bigger car, that it might not work out.

You should look into Priceline. I had a really hard time getting a good deal on a van. Everytime I looked I was paying over $300 for 5 nights usage and to me that was a lot of money. I ended up paying like $18 a day through Priceline. The only downfall to Priceline is that you have to wait until a few days before your trip to get the best deal. If you are interested to see what people have been paying for vans from MCO check out www.biddingfortravel.com . Good Luck! I know that it's frustrating.

If you NEED a van you should book it.

I do not recommend booking EA and "hoping" you will get what you need. It's a huge gamble especially in MCO where they can rent the vans and don't need to put them on EA.

Remember EA is marketed to business travelers. We don't want a van and will generally complain to National if that's all that we find on the aisle.

If you NEED a van you should book it.

I do not recommend booking EA and "hoping" you will get what you need. It's a huge gamble especially in MCO where they can rent the vans and don't need to put them on EA.

Remember EA is marketed to business travelers. We don't want a van and will generally complain to National if that's all that we find on the aisle.

Yep, many business travelers won't even book EA at LAS because its always filled with vans....

A side was not much better on Feb 3rd (almost thought about going over to A...glad we didn't).

Feb 3rd A Side 12:00pm
No SUVs or Minivans
A few Impalas, a couple G6's some Hyndai's, and a monte carlo.

We took a red fully loaded Impala with XM radio and nice leather seats. The car had a number of scratches on it and when I told the attendant she seemed annoyed so we got out and showed them to her (took pics as well).

I'm picking up a car in 46 hours ;) so if anyone has been recently I'd love to get an idea of what's been out there lately!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter