2008 DDP discussion, questions, rants and vents

We have done this one time with no problem. Our kids are on the pickier side and we have always found something on the menu they will eat at table service restaurants. I guess it will depend on the restaurant.

DS7 & DS5 are pretty picky as well, and we've not had a problem finding something for them to eat at TS restaurants. It seems there's always at least one of the following on the kids' menu no matter where you go: pizza, spaghetti, mac n cheese, chicken fingers, pb & j. And if there's not, I'll bet you could ask and they'd find something for you. And, if you do the buffets, it's hard not to find things they'll eat. CP is a favorite of ours for that reason.

Disney Dining Plan 2009

Quick Service Dining (2009) Adult £18/ Child £7
Disney Dining Plan (2008) Adult £25/Child £9 (2009) Adult £25/Child £10
Deluxe Dining Plan (2008) Adult £41/Child £16 (2009) Adult £43/Child £18

Hi,
Found this today on Virgin holidays website - apologies if it's already been posted.

Hope this means if they've upped the price of the original DDP that tip and choice of appetiser is back in, it didn't say on Virgin. Anyone know?

We are on the regular meal plan and after looking at the menus, I'm not seeing a whole lot my child would eat for the table service meals. Does anyone know if we can get counter service food for him and just let him eat that while we're eating at the table service restaurant or do they frown on this. Any suggestions?

Hi there,
When we went to Trails End on our last trip (2006) DS was in a foul mood and was moaning that he didn't like anything at the buffet, despite normally liking everything there. Our server heard him, asked him what he would like, went into the kitchen and came out 15 mins later with a plate of chicken tenders and fries for him (he was obviously in a junk food mood). :worship: Big tip for her! :thumbsup2
I don't know if that was just a one off, or whether they are as accomodating everywhere, but knowing Disney, I think they will probably try to help with kids being fussy eaters everywhere.

Hope this has helped,
Diane x

Enjoying our time in WDW now except for the tropical storm that is causing a little rain...my six year old was cut short on his Jedi Academy Training today just when Darth Vader came out...better luck tomorrow.

Had dinner last night at Spoodles and the Cast Member told be something I had not read...the reason the 18% gratuity was eliminated from the DDP was because the contract with the servers had expired and WDW thought they were paying too much to the servers...he also said thehat WDW figured the guest should pay the servers for the gratutiy...this is what he believes.

He also said that the servers don't like the automatice 18% tip assigned to groups of six or more because they do not get the tips for two weeks.

Going to Whispering Canyon shortly...hope the weather isn't too bad for the trip back to CSR.
Tim

Enjoying our time in WDW now except for the tropical storm that is causing a little rain...my six year old was cut short on his Jedi Academy Training today just when Darth Vader came out...better luck tomorrow.

Had dinner last night at Spoodles and the Cast Member told be something I had not read...the reason the 18% gratuity was eliminated from the DDP was because the contract with the servers had expired and WDW thought they were paying too much to the servers...he also said thehat WDW figured the guest should pay the servers for the gratutiy...this is what he believes.

He also said that the servers don't like the automatice 18% tip assigned to groups of six or more because they do not get the tips for two weeks.

Going to Whispering Canyon shortly...hope the weather isn't too bad for the trip back to CSR.
Tim

Interesting. Thanks for sharing

I wonder why they do the automatic 18% on parties over 6, because it makes me mad!:mad:

Did I misunderstand when I read that the restaurants at Epcot are not on the DDP? We leave on the 31st for WDW and one of our reservations for the DDP is at Marakessh. We have never used the plan and are anxious to try it.

Thanks for any replys,

Peg:

Did I misunderstand when I read that the restaurants at Epcot are not on the DDP? We leave on the 31st for WDW and one of our reservations for the DDP is at Marakessh. We have never used the plan and are anxious to try it.

Thanks for any replys,

Peg:

yes, there are plenty of restaurants on the DDP in Epcot :

Coral Reef
Teppan Edo
Chef De France
etc.

We are using the DDP for LeCellier and Coral Reef.
You will have no problem finding DDP restaurants at Epcot. You can get a list of participating restaurants online. Have a great time.

Thanks for any replys,

Peg:

Used DDP at Marakesh in July. Good meal & entertainment.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter