2009 DDP, DxDP and QS plans - Everything you always wanted to know

They are all pooled together so the cashier will know what to do. But I thought at main street bakery they did have the pb and j for kiddos... but you pick the dessert and drink.

I would just say I need to order a meal for my child and she is on the dining plan.. and they will help you from there... the cm's are very friendly most of the time and will help you out. :)

I did not mean to make this harder on anyone but I thought when we were there last in June they had p b and j's for kids sandwich, but I could be wrong... maybe it's just a choice and they can choose one of the other sandwiches as well. :)

Thanks Mom Poppins!

I was basing it off of our FAQ, where it's listed as a restaurant without a kids meal.

Mom Poppins is right, if they have a kids menu you'll need to order off of that. The CMs are wonderful though and will be happy to help you out once you get there.

If you give your multiple choice, and replace Main St Bakery with "Casey's" the answer will be A. :rotfl:

In a previous post a question was posed,
"A family goes into Casey's... they have the DDP... Two adults and one child in the family.

They want to get a CS "meal" for the child. The adults are not eating. They order the "meal" and approach the counter. What do they say?

a) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one CS".
b) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one child CS".
c) Something else?

The answer from TRICIA was A

But if the meal is for the child, wouldn't the answer be "b", otherwise DH or I have to use our adult cs credit to get the child a meal. I thought the child had to order from the child's menu if it was offered, but where no child menu was offered the child could use a child cs credit to purchase a meal from the regular menu. Can anyone clarify this? Thank you.

I am positive that the answer is A.:goodvibes

If you go back up and review the past few posts on this page, it really covers the basics of credits and how they are separated on the receipts, and how the proper way to order using the dining plans is. Hopefully that helps to clear up any remaining confusion.

In a previous post a question was posed,
"A family goes into Casey's... they have the DDP... Two adults and one child in the family.

They want to get a CS "meal" for the child. The adults are not eating. They order the "meal" and approach the counter. What do they say?

a) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one CS".
b) We're on the DDP, here's the card, please subtract "one child CS".
c) Something else?

The answer from TRICIA was A

But if the meal is for the child, wouldn't the answer be "b", otherwise DH or I have to use our adult cs credit to get the child a meal. I thought the child had to order from the child's menu if it was offered, but where no child menu was offered the child could use a child cs credit to purchase a meal from the regular menu. Can anyone clarify this? Thank you.

The confusion comes from the fact that there are no "Child's CS Credits."
You are limited by your card, which will list the number of Adults and Children.

If you walk into Casey's, they will just subtract a CS, and no difference is made between Adult and Child. If you order three meals, they will subtract three credits.

If you walk into Cosmic Ray's, you will only be able to order 2 adult meals and 1 child meal (in the scenario above), from the food selection available. But when they ring it up, it will still only subtract 3 generic CS credits.
The limit is not in the credits, it is in the ordering options.

Make sense?

This is, of course, subject to change at any time. They did not separate TS credits at the beginning of the plan either, but now they do.
Receipts for TS credits will say #adult credits remaining, #child credits remaining.

Hope that helps!

The key here is when you eat at CS locations that have kids meals, you must order a kids meal for your child (or share your adult meal) - you won't be able to order more adult meals than the number on your card. If you stop somewhere without a kids menu, order as many meals as you want, up to the number of people listed on your card.

I am soooo confused (first time to Disney, just booked and leaving in 3 weeks). We have the DDP.

Who: 2 adults, one child, one toddler (not on DDP - she's just 2). Because the toddler naps early, one of the adults will be having lunch separately from 1 adult and 1 child every day. How do we make sure our CS credits are allocated properly? Say, 1 adult and 1 child eat lunch at Pinochio's and 1 adult eats lunch at the CS at the resort on the same day. How do we make sure the credits are correctly substracted, that is that the child credit gets subtrated when he eats with the adult at Pinochio? And if they are all the same, and you're just limited at ordering time, why wouldn't you just split up on purpose? Sorry if I sound completely obtuse :confused3

It'll work out perfectly for you, it sounds like you've got it straight right now.

One adult and the child go to Pinocchio's Village Haus. They order one adult and one child meal. The adult with the toddler orders one adult meal for themselves at the resort. You've used two adult and one child credit for lunch, which is exactly what you're entitled to. :goodvibes

Don't know if this has been posted yet and I only have 6 minutes left online before I hit my next 24 hours period (we are here at POP right now) but a few days ago we went to GF to get a CS breakfast. As I was ordering our breakfasts the CM behind the counter saw that we had refillable mugs. (yes, we bought new ones this year but I have seen just as many older ones here as I have seen new ones) anyway, she asked if we were on the DDP? I said yes, and she said since we had the mugs we could get a dessert for one of the beverages. This was how they did DDP back when if first started (our first time using was Jan. 05). I was surprised and said no one else has let us, she said it was really up to the cashiers. When we paid I mentioned it to the cashier and she allowed it. We got 2 pastries and bottled beverages for our 2 CS breakfasts.

I did ask yesterday at POFQ and the cashier said no, he couldn't do it. So, don't count on it but it doesn't hurt to ask, specifically, I guess, at the Deluxe Resorts.:goodvibes

Don't know if this has been posted yet and I only have 6 minutes left online before I hit my next 24 hours period (we are here at POP right now) but a few days ago we went to GF to get a CS breakfast. As I was ordering our breakfasts the CM behind the counter saw that we had refillable mugs. (yes, we bought new ones this year but I have seen just as many older ones here as I have seen new ones) anyway, she asked if we were on the DDP? I said yes, and she said since we had the mugs we could get a dessert for one of the beverages. This was how they did DDP back when if first started (our first time using was Jan. 05). I was surprised and said no one else has let us, she said it was really up to the cashiers. When we paid I mentioned it to the cashier and she allowed it. We got 2 pastries and bottled beverages for our 2 CS breakfasts.

I did ask yesterday at POFQ and the cashier said no, he couldn't do it. So, don't count on it but it doesn't hurt to ask, specifically, I guess, at the Deluxe Resorts.:goodvibes

Actually, a couple of CMs at A-S-Sports told my dd that you could choose a pastry, fruit, or second drink. But most CMs told the rest of us 2 drinks. So it's out there, but maybe not universally???

We will be on the regular DP. I want to book us for dinner one night at Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. I'm pretty clear on the fact that it will take 2 TS credits to do this, but what "category" will that include? I'm assuming category 3.

We will be on the regular DP. I want to book us for dinner one night at Hoop Dee Doo Musical Review. I'm pretty clear on the fact that it will take 2 TS credits to do this, but what "category" will that include? I'm assuming category 3.

You can book either category 2 or 3. I "think" category 1 is sometimes available at the 9pm show, but that may no longer be true.

You can book either category 2 or 3. I "think" category 1 is sometimes available at the 9pm show, but that may no longer be true.

That is correct -- unless it's been changed from earlier this year, category 2 or 3 may be booked (pending availability) for any show, and category 1 (again, subject to availability) may be booked as well for the 9:30 show.

There really aren't that many anymore. I know Caseys Corner at MK does not have a childs menu.I am sure others will chime in with the remaining few.

This is the list from the Everything You Always Wanted to Know FAQ sticky thread at the top of the forum.

• Toluca Turkey Legs
• Casey's
• Pete's Doggone Good Dogs
• Sommerfest
• Yorkshire County Fish Shop
• Main Street Bakery
• Golden Oak Outpost

Toluca is at Studios. Sommerfest and Yorkshire are at Epcot. The rest are at MK. The Picnic in the Park at AK is not a restaurant, but it does not have a separate children's menu.

Just so you don't think you're losing your mind Catherine - it was I who merged the two threads ;):)

My2QTs, the first few posts of this thread are FAQs about the DDP. They've got a lot of information about the dining plans in general, and also about the specifics of each plan. They're great reading when you're planning your trip, and are running into a lot of dining questions. I hope this helps you out and you have a magical trip. :goodvibes

Tricia thank you so much for all the great information and guidance. We are really looking forward to our trip and our first DiningPlan experience. DISNEY IN DECEMBER here we come:dance3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter