***2009*** Epcot Food & Wine Festival ENDED NOV. 8

Speaking of the crowds last week I was shocked at how crowded it was all over disney. I found out that there was a big convention in town, most events held at swan/dolphin it seemed and part of the country had their school fall break. Next year we are going to f&w festival earlier to avoid these crowds.

It was more crowded in World Showcase than I have ever seen it when I was there on October 17th, and I believe it was directly related to the cooler weather. Everyone came to the festival in droves. And I couldn't believe Thailand had no line. India had a bigger line.

Yes it must have been the weather, although on the tram ride in there were several seats of John Secada fans that seem to be coming just for him. I thought that was a tad bit strange.

The weather was glorious

I quite enjoyed the stylized banners for the countries this year. The designer in me found them quiet fasinating and clever. MY fav was the Fleur Di Lis Crawfish for the New Orleans Banner. I took a few pics.

4044483910_7ff17dd297_o.jpg

4044483914_c7672154ae_o.jpg

4044483906_d01d53f494_o.jpg

4044483902_8dd5b43d7f_o.jpg

I believe your picture is Taylor Dayne.

Thanks. I had no clue who she was. I'm guessing she was singing at the festival but I didn't go to hear music, I just went straight to the PFTS.

Thanks. I had no clue who she was. I'm guessing she was singing at the festival but I didn't go to hear music, I just went straight to the PFTS.

Yep - she was featured that weekend ... I only know because we left on Saturday morning but she was scheduled to play Friday evening.

We always skip the concert and go straight to PFTS as well.

She didn't bail, they threw her out. She apparently said a very naughty word not once but twice during her first set. So she got Sageted.

(Verb coined in honor of Bob Saget, who was unceremoniously drummed out of Disney cruise entertaining when his stand-up routine on the first Panama Canal cruise resulted in a great many complaints regarding its unsuitability to a family audience - I don't recall him saying any bad words though)

She didn't bail, they threw her out. She apparently said a very naughty word not once but twice during her first set. So she got Sageted.

(Verb coined in honor of Bob Saget, who was unceremoniously drummed out of Disney cruise entertaining when his stand-up routine on the first Panama Canal cruise resulted in a great many complaints regarding its unsuitability to a family audience - I don't recall him saying any bad words though)

Oooohhhhh. We were there for a couple of her opening numbers at the first show but weren't really paying attention because we were doing what we usually do ... stuffing our faces. :lmao:

Speaking of the crowds last week I was shocked at how crowded it was all over disney. I found out that there was a big convention in town, most events held at swan/dolphin it seemed and part of the country had their school fall break. Next year we are going to f&w festival earlier to avoid these crowds.

Personally, other than the weekend I felt the crowds were very light and thought this might be why Disney was offering 40% rooms in January/February for Disney Visa.

Of course we may have been at different parks,and I followed the recommendations of the crowd calculator website.

I did go to Epcot every afternoon and did not find it crowded, just busy.

I was there the 12-23 and I was surprised at how few people were there. It's been a long time since I have been to Disney with a 5 minute wait for Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear. Even though Toy Story said 50 minutes I do not think I ever waited more than 35. Same with Soarin.

Having been at times where you can barely walk through Fantasy land so this was amazing to me.

I would agree that it would be slower at the end of September since you do not have the fall breaks to deal with. My parents where there the 26th of Sept to the 10th of Oct and they said it was very slow.

It seems to me that there are always big conventions in town but they should not affect much until the evenings since they are tied up working, but they are out in droves on the weekends.

threw darts at them? ;)

I heard she bailed on Thursday night.

Yep, did they give any reason why she cancelled on the second night? It looked like she had decent crowds on Wed. She's not my style of music at all, but I caught some of her early show Wed night from outside the American pavillion while downing my fill of beer at the Sammy booth. Maybe it was the mass quantities of alcohol, but I have to say that she was quite good from what I caught.

Just returned late last night, and I though the F&W was pretty good this year. The food servings seemed a little larger, and a lot of the wine servers seemed pretty generous with the pours. I'll have to run through my sampling list, and post later on my favorites.

In my opinion, the Sam Adams seminar was a joke. I know it's free, but all the lady did was basically read off the placemat. They had containers of hops and barley on the tables, but they never even told the guests to open them and smell? What's the point? Atleast all my relatives kept passing thier beer samples over to me :woohoo:

The Blackberry Wit was excellent on tap (I've only had it before in bottles), and along with the Affigem became my favorite partners around the World Showcase. Whenever I had a few free hours away from the relatives, I did my version of power-walking - I would repeatedly walk the length of the WS, while grabbing either an Affligem of Blackberry Wit whenever I was empty. I figured I was atleast burning off my beer calories (maybe :confused3)

I didn't pick up on that and I was watching her 1st set, but then again I did have a lot of beer in me. It's a shame though, as I found her a lot more interesting than Taylor Dane or Sister Sledge.

I thought it was the first set but it might have been a different one - pretty sure it was the first night she was there though.

Ooh, scandal! This is the first I've heard about this. I didn't know Vanessa Carlton had shows canceled.

Were you in the wine view lounge? I'm still trying to figure out who is in the autographed picture they gave us!

I was not in the wine view lounge. The upgrade doesn't add enough value for me since I keep walking around and don't need a seat.

It sounds like the Vanessa Carlton pictures either ended up on a "Wanted" poster or a milk carton.

I was not in the wine view lounge. The upgrade doesn't add enough value for me since I keep walking around and don't need a seat.

It sounds like the Vanessa Carlton pictures either ended up on a "Wanted" poster or a milk carton.

I got Jon Secada the other week. I'm afraid he didn't really make it across the pond, so I had to google him! I also did the D23 event the next day. Luckily I din't go to the concert, as they were taken backstage to meet him. I think I would have embarassed myself by not knowing who he was.

I saw Vanessa Carlton in the Beach Club lobby that night, she didn't look very happy at all.

As far as the convention that was on, apparently the Yacht and Beach were at 98% capacity.

I was there for her 5:15 show and heard it the "slip." :scared1: It was the worst one, too. I love Vanessa Carlton and I didn't have my kiddo with me, so I thought it was funny, but if my daughter had been there I would have been upset.

It was the worst one, too.
Well not quite the worst one, but the 2nd worst. ;)

She can't even blame the wine since there is no drinking allowed by the bands that play these things. (unless the policy has changed in the last few years)

A friend of mine plays guitar for one of the major acts that played this several years ago and he and the star of the group had drinks taken from them during dinner by Disney staff because, "Disney employee's are not allowed to drink on the job and you are a Disney Employee for the evening."

They will never return even though Disney has asked.
I'm surprised they even played that night, they like their drink more than I do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter