2009's What have you've seen on the Emerald Aisle?

Could someone please explain the difference between Emerald Aisle and Executive Aisle and Side A and Side B?

With Emerald Club you can book a mid size vehicle and then choose whatever is in the Emerald Aisle. To choose from the Executive Aisle you have to have rented a certain number of times per year and then you can book a full size at the mid size price but choose anything that's in the Executive Aisle. (correct me if I'm wrong someone)
As far as Side A and Side B go it is referring to the 2 different sides of the main terminal. Some airlines come in to Side A and some to Side B. You can cross from side A to B on the 3rd level of the terminal but not from level 2 (baggage claim) or level 1 (rental car counters).
It doesn't matter which Side you use for Car Rental as they are both basically the same. However if your plane comes in to Side A then you go to Side A Baggage Claim.
Some have checked out what's in the Emerald Aisle of side A and then gone back up to the 3rd level and down to the Side B Emerald Aisle section to see if there's anything better.

I used the costco code which worked out to $20 a day before fees and taxes and then they had a $25 off coupon so came to $116 total for the 5 days.

Thanks, everyone! That just saved me $110 off my December reservation. Woohoo!

I used the costco code which worked out to $20 a day before fees and taxes and then they had a $25 off coupon so came to $116 total for the 5 days.

it is nice to see they are honouring "COSTCO" codes since Costco is no longer offering National as a car rental company on their travel section of their website ( they assured me when i called that anyone who had already booked using any of the "codes" would be covered by National", there just would not be any new National codes from Costco )

With Emerald Club you can book a mid size vehicle and then choose whatever is in the Emerald Aisle. To choose from the Executive Aisle you have to have rented a certain number of times per year and then you can book a full size at the mid size price but choose anything that's in the Executive Aisle. (correct me if I'm wrong someone)
As far as Side A and Side B go it is referring to the 2 different sides of the main terminal. Some airlines come in to Side A and some to Side B. You can cross from side A to B on the 3rd level of the terminal but not from level 2 (baggage claim) or level 1 (rental car counters).
It doesn't matter which Side you use for Car Rental as they are both basically the same. However if your plane comes in to Side A then you go to Side A Baggage Claim.
Some have checked out what's in the Emerald Aisle of side A and then gone back up to the 3rd level and down to the Side B Emerald Aisle section to see if there's anything better.

Just to add--If you're eligible for the Executive Aisle, your contract will specifically say next to "Level of Service" Executive Selection.

We've rented a couple of times recently from National, and they seem to be keeping a closer watch on the Executive Aisle. At FLL and DEN an attendant specifically asked us our level of service before we selected a car and drove away. (Love our Fusion from DEN, satellite radio was great! Hope we find something nice waiting for us at MCO.)

Ok, here was the skinny for our EA experience....Friday, Sept 18th, aprox 7p side A was all Malibus and Impalas....until I got past the concrete wall, then thee was a saturn and a nissan. All sedans....nothing interesting. oh well....

Yes, if I remember correctly. You do have to take a National/Alamo shuttle bus to get to it...but it's only a 5 minute drive.

I have a question since I've never used National. Standard and Full-size are the same price for last minute deals so if I pick full-size will I still pick from the Emerald Isle or just a row of full-size? Also for Emerald Isle is that standard or intermediate?

September 30, 7:00pm .. A side

mostly cars, a few VW bugs, and 2 Mazda van-ish type vehicles, which is what we took.

I check my codes I got off of mousesavers every so often to see if the rate has come down. The best rate I have gotten is with code 5007160 which is continental airlines I am a member but it's free to join and a coupon for a free day from the Entertainment book, we are only going for 4 nights so I can't use the National coupon. Linda :)

I just signed up for the Emerald Club with National. We aren't going until June or August, 2010. Is it too soon to reserve a car? I have some discounts from the E-Book. What are my chances of finding an Altima or Malibu/Impala on the EA?
What if there is nothing you like on the EA? Can you just pick any car in the intermediate row, or is the EA the intermediate row?

:surfweb:Me :drive:Dh :Pinkbounc Dd14 :hyper2:Ds 12 & ds 6

This afternoon EA had 4 malibu's, 4 impalas, 2 chargers, 1 avenger, 2 mazda's. We went with a malibu - practically brand new.....600 miles.

Sept 30, 10pm, A side. Many Altimas, one VW Bug, some Dodges and a Mazda 5 with a third row - we took the Mazda cause we needed the extra seats.

Just returned from our annual October trip ... we arrived at 5:30 pm on the 7th - B side ... Emerald Aisle had all sedans (nothing bigger than mid-size) but the Executive selection had mostly SUVs and some vans. We were shocked as we had never seen that many on the Exec row before ... there were only maybe 4 full size (chargers) and the rest were SUVs/vans.

Just returned from our annual October trip ... we arrived at 5:30 pm on the 7th - B side ... Emerald Aisle had all sedans (nothing bigger than mid-size) but the Executive selection had mostly SUVs and some vans. We were shocked as we had never seen that many on the Exec row before ... there were only maybe 4 full size (chargers) and the rest were SUVs/vans.

That is amazing. We are Exec. members and have used National 4 times this year, so far, and have never found anything bigger than a full size looking on both Side A and Side B. I hope this continues, as we will again be using National early December.

We just got back from our october trip too:

Arrived side A oct 9th @ 11am. The regular EA was pretty much sedans. Had 1 of those hampster cars [sorry don't know the name], 1 hrh chevy, otherwise, mazda 6's, Pontiac's in the plenty. We took a Pontiac G6 with 2 miles on it. :thumbsup2 Nice trunk, and brand new very hard to pass on it.

The Executive aisle had Impalas, and a couple chevy suv's the big ones. Also saw 1 van.

Returned 11am on Sat 10/24 > took a quick look on the aisle and saw a few suv's and larger sedans again on executive. The regular EA had all smaller sedans.

*** Note, on the side between the return cars and where the aisle starts had several [brand new looking] convertible mustang's. They where not in the convertible aisle or EA, but off to the side. Wonder if they just got these and where they will put them. They where VERY nice looking.:thumbsup2 ***

Good luck everyone! mky:cutie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter