2010 Fall Dining for DVISA Is Out (See FIRST page)'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry - one more thing....

I will be in Canada next week. IF, miraculously Disney decides to announce FD to VC holders next week....how do I call Disney?

Is it the same number I call from the US? Could someone from Canada please let me know.

Thank You!

LOL... I know I have all of my dining ressies made, an entire itenerary made, and I have started a bag of odds and ends we need to take, ( we are driving from Jersey) . This is the last thing I need to have taken care of and i am good to go!! I guess with my spare time I can get some actual work done...or start packing .....

I am just sad about the tiered platform-we always stay value and don't really care for the QSDP. Luckily we are on a bounceback from last year so we have the regular for one last year. I think for us this may be the last trip for a while. Having to upgrade, tips and rising ticket prices are beginning to add up to a disney trip not being the value that it once was for our family.

since we, like you, are on a bounceback from last year that gives us Reg DDP at Pop, could our BB offer, assuming there is one, also give us Reg DDP? Probably not but I can hope can't I? If not, $20 per night to upgrade isn't too much. Can't imagine we'd want to go with the QS plan.

Thanks for keeping us all informed. I'm already booked at POP so I hope I can add FD - I didn't want the regular dining plan so I am happy. On May 3rd we will be at a family reunion at Disneyland celebrating my grandson's 18th birthday, high school graduation and 2 years CANCER FREE!!! With the time difference I am hoping I can get up in the middle to the night and add the code and then have good news for the family at breakfast! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

Bless you and your 2 years!!!:yay:

Love that we have finally heard a date that FD bookings may begin...I am looking forward to May 3!!!! :woohoo: FINALLY! Thanks, Canadian Guy!

Thanks for posting!!!

Out of curiosity, how long does it take to get a Disney Visa? Trying to figure out if I should take out the card just to be able to book FD sooner:)

ok so i am new at the dining plan here, we are booked at ft wilderness 8-20 to 8-28 with dining now. my AAA travel agent said she will re-do my reservation to get the free dining. Will that work?? she says they do it all the time. I know she has her eye out for me for the free dining, as i have been torturing her ever since the free dining rumors !!

BTW... wondering...when free dining does finally come out...what will everyone do with their extra time since no one will need to check the board 24/7???:confused3

We are planning on doing the same thing. You do know you will lose your AAA discount though right.

yea no double dipping, but thats ok. my AAA discount was about 400.00, so the difference will be about 8-900 , that works :thumbsup2

Sorry - one more thing....

I will be in Canada next week. IF, miraculously Disney decides to announce FD to VC holders next week....how do I call Disney?

Is it the same number I call from the US? Could someone from Canada please let me know.

Thank You!

I just use the number off the Disney website. :)
And I thank my lucky stars I have free long distance in North America because I bet I will be on hold a looooooooonnnnnnnnnnnggg time:rolleyes1

Crossing my fingers it includes my travel dates...Oct 7 thru Oct 12th!!! Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease!

Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP?

A moderate will cost about $80 more per night than a Value. The upgrade cost from QSDP to DP is $10/adult, $2/child. Even with 4 adults the Value would be saving you $40/day over a moderate.

the promotion ends Oct 2. We are checking out Oct 3...do we GET the FD for the night of Oct 2?

Yes. FD is based on nights, not days. You get dining credits for each night you stay and can use them any time you wish up until midnight of the day you check out. This means if you have not used all your credits by end of Oct. 2nd you can use them on Oct. 3rd before leaving. This is how its been in prior years but Disney can change the rules at any time.

:love::thumbsup2:woohoo::yay:

So should Disney Visa holders be on the lookout for the last week of April?

Seems reasonable. But I'm guessing. :goodvibes

I have a couple of questions re this that you all can probably answer and save me the phone call to disney ( where they certianly wouldnt confirm a promotion at this time anyway). I, too have been not so patiently waiting for FD. I got it last year and could kick myself for not booking a bounce back! Anyway- I have POP booked with the reg DP for Sept 28-Oct 3. My questions:
Is it worth it to updrade from the QSDP to the reg DP , or does it make more sense to updrade the resort to a moderate and get the free reg DP? Does it come out to the same money wise? or are you still saving more with the Value Resort?
my other question is, according to the "rumors", the promotion ends Oct 2. We are checking out Oct 3...do we GET the FD for the night of Oct 2?
Thanks for any help!!

Typically - in the past the answer to this would be yes. Could it change this year? Oh sure, it COULD but I doubt it.

Knox,
I was wondering if any of your sources mentioned anything about the tickets that must be purchased to get the FD? We are AP holders and have only had to purchase one day tix...hoping for the same this year. TIA!

Sorry - no word on that either way.

Hey Knox.....I'll have to send you up a big, big drink of your choice on May 3rd!!! You poor man!! :lmao:

Frozen Grand Marnier Slushie please. :) Just kidding, plying me with adult beverages is sweet but unnecessary.

Knox, I booked my trip at the end of October hoping against hope that there would be extended free dining like last year because that is when my kids have a 2 day fall vacation from school. I know everything is just rumor right now, but what is the likelyhood of an extension? Am I better off booking something for the given period and trying to get some good adrs now?

No way to tell till much closer to fall but seems like a reasonable possibility.

Again, that would be a guess.

Thanks Canidian guy for all your help re the free dinning at Disney. disney should hire you as as a spokesperson. I will keep an eye on Chase Disney Visa re the offer for the free dinning option and will update if I see a posting . Do you or anyone else know if Southwest is still offering airline checkin going back to MCO from Pop Century?

Southwest at Pop : Yes.

Me as a spokesman for Disney - I think Mickey's ears will freeze off before that ever happens.. I tend to blab too much.. (LOL) :lmao:

So....my question is:

What time EST do the promos come out? :thumbsup2

ETA: Thanks so much for the update!

7am, If I remember correctly.

May 3rd, huh? I'll be home from the hospital by then. If it turns out to be true, then there's a lot of hospital staff that will be thanking you for their lives, Knox. :rotfl2:

When I posted this, I thought of you going into labor while reading it. Glad that didn't happen!

Ok I have a "different" question for you! If we stay at a moderate and free dining is announced and we want the QSDP instead of the regular DDP, would they allow that or would we have to stay with the regular DDP. I'm happy with either ,but we did enjoy the QSDP in may and were looking forward to it again. Has anyone ever done this?

I haven't the foggiest. You would *think* they would.. but even if they don't.. didn't I read that you could 'waste' T/S credits at C/S locations if you didn't want to have a sit down meal? I think you can.

CanadianGuy- Thank You!
Just a question - in your post you mentioned that FD would be available in smaller inventory but the booking window would be longer. How does that work? I can think of two scenarios- a) numbers are low for the fall so they're going to try and get people in with fd and the inventory won't really be that low or b) they're going to see how this goes and maybe add inventory if it boosts their numbers? I can't quite reconcile how they'll offer it for longer but have fewer rooms available.
I appreciate all your info,
Dana

Smaller inventory but the chance to book that inventory will last longer. (ie: the book by date is extended)..

That would indicate that probably not all the inventory available was booked efficiently last year so they are giving people more time to book it.

Again - rumor mill stuff - I can't say for sure about these two points.. I'm just relaying what I thought sounded reasonable and was confirmed by multiple sources.

This part may or may not have validity to it.. and truthfully, we'll never probably know either way except 'experientially' based on people's success with booking.

If you are staying at a value and they only offer QS, Don’t lose all hope for the DDP. When we went in December they only offered the QS free for Values. I called and asked if I had a PIN for a free update to DDP. I did!! Make sure you ask before paying to upgrade!!

If you don’t have a PIN, I still think it worth paying. We love the dining plan!! 7 of us went last year. Most of the meals cost over $ 200.

Heard the same official rumours around 6 last night or so...they way I understood is exactly as canadianguy put it...

to clarify - inventory means number of rooms released to this promo..they will be limited and fixed - no amount of cajoling the CM's on the phone will help - so don't bother trying and yes, Disney will be flexible with resservations - if lets say AKL will not offer FD for a room but GF will and you have a reservation # and have already put down your $200.00, they say you are "almost" quaranteed that room BUT NOT AT THE RATE QUOTED FOR AKL - you will have to fork over more money...

Also last night/yesterday Disney again blitzed the free QSDP promo out to even more emailers with prolonged periods up to August 14th ( yes I have proof)..

You have to book by May - so that would correspond quite nicely to the rumour of the FD dining promo...

The inventory released to the new QSDP extension was quite massive (in Disney terms).. acouple of us checking the online system last night we got NO denials for well over 50 requests for all room categories...last time I did it we got quite a few restrictions..

My best guess is for some reason Disney seems to want to push the QSDP this year instead..not sure why, so as a warning the FD to the general public might be just QSDP instead or RDP or DDP....

I don't disagree with a thing this poster said = except I never called this an official rumor. I am just calling it a rumor. I don't doubt his sources anymore than mine.. but I'm not yet brave enough in the rumor game to call it an 'official' rumor. :lmao::lmao:

I can correlate the QSDP comments, I received four pins at 2 different email addresses yesterday, ALL the QSDP offer for arrivals up to August 14th.

What exactly is an "official rumor"? One that came from an official source, like Disney itself? Just trying to figure out whether or not I should get excited about this rumor. ;)

See above.

I am already booked at Music so when free dinning is announced (fingers crossed) all I have to do is call and add it on my package right?????????? and I can upgrade to the reg DDP? Just trying to get my P and Q's in order

Yes, provided inventory on this exact promo is available at that resort for the dates you have booked. If not, the CM on the phone will tell you what choices you have (other resorts, other dates) to bring things into alignment.

Also last night/yesterday Disney again blitzed the free QSDP promo out to even more emailers with prolonged periods up to August 14th ( yes I have proof)..

You have to book by May - so that would correspond quite nicely to the rumour of the FD dining promo...

Seriously disney if you want someone to take advantage of this FQSD pin that you have sent to so many people SEND ONE TO ME!!! I WILL BE HAPPY TO OBLIGE!

ok so i am new at the dining plan here, we are booked at ft wilderness 8-20 to 8-28 with dining now. my AAA travel agent said she will re-do my reservation to get the free dining. Will that work?? she says they do it all the time. I know she has her eye out for me for the free dining, as i have been torturing her ever since the free dining rumors !!

BTW... wondering...when free dining does finally come out...what will everyone do with their extra time since no one will need to check the board 24/7???:confused3

Campsites are not eligible for FD but the cabins are, just pointing that count in case anyone wanted to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter