**2011** Epcot Food & Wine Festival HAS ENDED. 2012 Festival 9/28 - 11/11

I put this in a separate thread in the review section, but thought I would copy it here for those following this thread

On Friday October 14th we hit the F&WF kiosks - below is our take on what we tried:

Grilled Lamb Chop with Potato-Goat Cheese Salad and Shiraz Reduction (Australia) - the lamb was very good but the potato salad was served cold and tasted more of feta cheese than goat chees

Frozen Caipirinha (Brazil) - This was tasty, tart, cold, and strong

FoodWine_Caipirinha_Lambchop.jpg

Kona Pipeline (Hawaii) - Described to me as Guiness with coffee flavor, but turned out not so much. Some coffee flavor there but not nearly the richness you get with a Guiness

Kalua Pork Slider with Sweet and Sour Dole Pineapple Chutney and Spice Mayonnaise (Hawaii) - This was very tasty. Good bun, decent portion of pork. Pineapple added a bit without overwhelming

FoodWine_Pipeline_PorkSlider.jpg

Lobster and Scallop Fisherman's Pie (Ireland) - very good with a decent amount of seafood in it. You can see in the picture some inconsistencies with the cheese levels though.

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache (Ireland) - Excellent ... my wife almost licked the plate. Wouldn't have minded if it was a little bigger though

FoodWine_Fishermanspie_baileyscake.jpg

Coq au Vin sur gratin de macaroni (France) - My wife really, really liked this. I also thought it was tasty. Pretty big portion too, though we did find some fatty bits of meat

Sparkling Pomegranate Kir (France) - My mother-in-law thought this was tasty. Bit sweet and pink for my taste though

FoodWine_Kirdrink_CoqauVin.jpg

Steamed Mussels with Roasted Garlic Cream & Baguette (Belgium) - My wife loved this and loved soaking up the sauce with the baguette

Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee (Belgium) - I liked this, but it just kinda tasted like a thin Baileys drink. Didn't really get a sense of Iced Coffee

FoodWine_Mussels_ChocolateIcedCoffee.jpg

Pumpkin Mousse with Ocean Spray Craisins and Orange Sauce (Hops & Barley) - We all though this was great and one of the best items we got. It's obviously a little on the small side but for only $1.50 we still felt it was a great value

FoodWine_Pumpkinmouse.jpg

Frozen Red Stag Lemonade by Jim Bean (Fife and Drum) - I loved this drink. It was very refreshing and you could definitely taste the liquor in it

FoodWine_RedStagLemonade.jpg

Nurnberger Sausage in a Pretzel Roll (Germany) - This is one of the items I've had on previous trips and knew I wanted to go back for. I wasn't disappointed and it is a great portion size. Just enough kick to the sausage to keep it interesting.

Altenmunster Octoberfest (Brewer's Collection) - I wasn't crazy about this beer. It went pretty well when drunk along with the sasuage/bread, but on it's own it was too hoppy for my taste and not typical for an Octoberfest.

FoodWine_SausageandOktoberfestbeer.jpg

Rauchweizen Roog Smoked Wheat Bier (Brewer's Collection) - Now this was a really good beer. Nice and smooth and can taste the toasted notes

FoodWine_SmokedWheatBeer.jpg

Favorite items:
- Coq au Vin
- Kalua Pork Slider
- Rauchweizen Roog Smoked Wheat Bier
- Frozen Red Stag Lemonade
- Pumpkin Mousse

Least Favorite (though still enjoyed):
- Altenmunster Octoberfest
- Godiva Chocolate Iced Coffee
- Kona Pipeline

Warm Chocolate Lava Cake with Baileys Ganache (Ireland) - Excellent ... my wife almost licked the plate. Wouldn't have minded if it was a little bigger though

That's funny. I asked my wife if it would be rude of me to lick the plate.

Terrazas Reserva Malbec (Argentina): A friend of mine was recently telling me about his interest in wines from the Malbec region of Argentina so I decided to give this one a try. I got it on our last afternoon at F&W and sipped it as we made our last pass around the WS. Both DH and I enjoyed it.
I'm quoting myself to correct something I wrote in this last entry of my review after hearing something on TV today. Malbec is a type of grape, not a region. It's a French grape brought to Argentina in the 19th century. Despite being a French grape, these days it is associated with wines produced in the Mendoza region of Argentina, the heart of Argentine wine country.

I'm quoting myself to correct something I wrote in this last entry of my review after hearing something on TV today. Malbec is a type of grape, not a region. It's a French grape brought to Argentina in the 19th century. Despite being a French grape, these days it is associated with wines produced in the Mendoza region of Argentina, the heart of Argentine wine country.

That's because the climate there is so darn perfect for growing Malbec grapes! Kind of like Cab Sav and Napa valley.

Anyone know what time the eat to the beat shows are? I picked up a times guide at Epcot today and they were not listed. Just trying to figure out if there is a Howard Jones show after I eat dinner.

Has anyone posted any reviews of any of the Signature dinners? I love reading those!

Me Too where are the pics and reviews!!!
I will have two for you next week but many dinners have already passed with no reviews.:confused3

Hi all!!

Are the portions big enough that if you had 1-3 "main" items it could suffice as lunch??

Thanks!

Hi all!!

Are the portions big enough that if you had 1-3 "main" items it could suffice as lunch??

Thanks!

it honestly depends on which items you get. Something like the Coq au Vin was quick large - so three things that size might be sufficient ... but others were smaller and you might need 5-6 of those

I'd say, for the most part maybe 3-4 with a drink or two and a dessert item or two would be sufficient for most people for lunch

The countdown has started! 7 days (next tuesday) from now, we will be at F&W. I am getting pretty antsy. Thanks for all the reviews everyone!!

I havent looked at this forum since we got back but I wanted to say how much we enjoyed our time at the F&W, I have never had such a vast selection of foods and drink as we has there! I cant wait for next year to come around... and for the cookbook I ordered of the festival to come in the mail to see what I can create at home!:thumbsup2

I did the Food & Wine Pairing yesterday & it was amazing. They now do discuss the beers before each course.

Here is the menu!
vKZGU.jpg

We are arriving late, but luckily it is an EMH night at EPCOT. Does anyone know if the booths are open for EMH?

Anyone going this weekend? The weather looks iffy. I wonder if it will keep some of the locals away? Or not since it's Halloweekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter