2012/2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ- Closing Soon- New Thread Started- Don't Post Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. I get to be first. :cool1: Two pages......I have got to get you a website!!!!!
Thanks again for everything.

Yes. I get to be first. :cool1: Two pages......I have got to get you a website!!!!!
Thanks again for everything.

You're quick!!!

:welcome: and congrats!

Yeah, I have a hard time editing, so the First Page just keeps getting bigger...and stretches to another page!

Carried over from previous thread:

The beach club pool is so big, what do you do with your stuff? Room key a few dollars a cell and camera? Just leave it in a beach bag laying on a chair?

:welcome:

As a general rule, I wouldn't leave anything you would be upset to lose on a chair at Stormalong Bay, or anyplace for that matter.

I would feel comfortable leaving a few dollars and your room key in my bag, and I have left my cell phone, but my suggestion is to lock up your camera/cell/valuables in one of the complimentary lockers near Poolside Gifts/Poolside Drinks or leave it behind in your room.

Here's a post from the FAQ on Page 1:

Can I use Stormalong Bay on my checkout day?

Yes! You will still have your room key after you check out, and you still need to show it to the CMs before entering the pool area. You can store large bags with Bell Services. You may also use the lockers and showers/changing room at the Health Club (see below for pictures of the lockers in the Health Club- Men's room). There are FREE lockers available as well - get the key from PoolSide Gifts.

SABLocker2.jpg
SABlockerkey-1.jpg
SABMensLockerRoom-1.jpg

I have one of those (semi :rolleyes:) waterproof thingys that hang around your neck, can be bought at resort store. I use it for my cash, gift cards I use for dining/drinks, and kttw card. I leave my cell phone in room safe. If I bring my camera, I'd use the poolside locker.

DOH!!! That is a fantastic suggestion, and one that my family uses! We have a couple of waterproof pouches- they are actually pretty watertight. We either got them online or at an outdoor store like LLBean or EMS. Google "water wallets"

P1000401.jpg

Carried over from previous thread:

So as a complete newbie to WDW and this forum, I asked this question already on the pre trip boards, and it seems like so far,the corporate dealive been given on tickets has been the best?

"So, I earned a trip for the family via Team Beachbody, and am due to go to WDW in March 2013. Thankfully, they chose our hotel for us (Yacht Club) so that is one thing I don't have to agonize over: boom, it's done.

Thing is, I gotta spring for the tickets, and I guess I was shocked by the cost. I've compared the corporate rate we got to the Disneyworld site prices, to undercover tourist, etc. I've even tried to see if AAA has any deals here in Texas.

For a 4 day base ticket (so far, we are not choosing to park hop due to the age of our kids, but that can change), for 2 adults, 3 kids (3,5,8), the price with tax is $1,178, or, $230.40 (adult), $215.10 kids, plus tax.

Seems like the most solid deal based on corporate rate that I have dug up. What do you think? Good, bad, average? Any suggestions to find better deals?

Oh, and WOW, the huge discounts for Florida residents!!!! My goodness!"

Any ideas about better ticket prices?

Welcome to the board!!! sticker shock is common when newbies first price tickets, but I can say that it is totally worth the price!

Just imagine if you had to spring for the room at YC also??? Beachbody picked an AWESOME resort for your stay (the best one if you ask any of us on this thread). Location can't be beat.

Park hopping is a pretty nice perk, so don't throw that one out the window just yet Depending on if the time you are visiting is crazy busy...hopping to another park is a great idea. Not to mention that you are in walking distance to EPCOT. We always end our days at EPCOT...usually heading over there for dinner or dessert and a stroll through the countries. An adult beverage doesn't hurt the evening either!!!

You won't find great deals on the tickets, because basically Disney doesn't have to discount them. But imagine the memories you will be making when you use them.

Happy Planning!!

Welcome!! :beach: pixiedust: :welcome: pixiedust: :beach:

Read this page and see if that helps. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1452684

I'm not a ticket wizard so I can't help you better than the folks that hang out at the above ticket thread can. When you're done with them be sure to come back and let us know how you are making out. Also be sure to read the first page of this BC/YC thread as it has a gold mine of info about the resort.

Finally, this thread will be shutting down at around 250 pages but never fear, it will pop up again shortly with all that same good info on page 1 again.

Good luck with those ticket prices!

~NM

The one piece of advice I can give you is that adding on the hoppers to your tickets (is it still $50 plus tax?) is the same price whether you do it in advance or during your trip. So you don't need to add it until and unless you need to. If you decide on your second day that you want to hop to a different park you can pay for the upgrade then. If you decide you don't need to hop, you don't have to add it.

That being said, as ocalla mentioned, being so close to EPCOT makes having park hoppers very attractive.

Good luck!

Awesome! Yes, it's about $50 to upgrade each ticket, and I posted in this Yacht club thread be ause I figure y'all would have good info regarding getting from A to Z and the tricks of the trade! Getting more excited as things roll forward!

Congrats on winning such an awesome trip!
The cheapest tickets I can see (I don't get corporate rate) is on UT for adult 4 day ticket incl tax $255.95. That's the buy 3 day and get 1 day free. Thru link from Mousesavers.com. Shipping is free.
The park hopper for adult is $312.75 incl tax & free shipping. when comparing prices be sure to check tax, some sites like UT show it up front, and some don't show till check out.

When ticket shopping beware some sites also charge for shipping at check out.

I have used Undercover Tourist a couple of times and have been happy with their service. They ship you real tickets, not vouchers, and shipping is prompt, even to Canada :goodvibes

Good morning! Trying to beat the crowd over to the new thread. ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards App, please excuse any typos or autocorrects!

Yay! A big, shiny new thread, just in time for my trip! :thumbsup2

Thank you for all you do, Dee!!! :lovestruc

Hello everybody and here's a huge thanks to our wonderful list maven Dee, the person who keeps this well oiled BC/YC/BCV FAQ running!

~NM

Hi!

We are hoping to be at the Beach Club from May 15 - 20 if all goes well! We are just a wee bit excited about this possibility!:cool1:::yes::

I may be coming here with lots of questions!

Dee: Another success!!! Love the new place........much more floor space than the last one :rotfl:

Thanks for all you do to keep us BC/YC fans happy!

Missy

First question...is there somewhere to get Mickey Waffles for breakfast at the Beach Club? Sorry for the silly question, probably the first of many from me!;)

Hi!

We are hoping to be at the Beach Club from May 15 - 20 if all goes well! We are just a wee bit excited about this possibility!:cool1:::yes::

I may be coming here with lots of questions!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List on Page 1. Hopefully all will go well for your stay in May.

First question...is there somewhere to get Mickey Waffles for breakfast at the Beach Club? Sorry for the silly question, probably the first of many from me!;)

Not a silly question!

The answer is yes and no...

Unfortunately there are no quick serve Mickey Waffles available at the Beach Club.

If you have a sitdown breakfast, you can get Mickey Waffles at the Cape May Cafe Buffet Character Breakfast (Beach Club) or at the Captain's Grille breakfast (a la carte or buffet, no characters). I think you can get Mickey Waffles through room service, but that would be pricey!

Woohoo!!! Made it onto 2nd page!!! New thread looks wonderful!!! Of course, thank you Dee for all of your hard work! :goodvibes

ETA: DARN!!! 3rd page

Here. Haven't been on in a few days, as I have been busy at home. But, with our trip in only 12 days, I am hoping to get some good DIS time this week :)

Thanks for all your work Dee - new thread looks great!

Dee: Once again you have done a wonderful job :wave2:I look at the site all the time but always first thing in the morning and at the end of the day .Thank you so much for your dedication :thumbsup2

Good to see our friends all making it over here! :woohoo: Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

The new thread is not so different from the previous one, but I did make additional posts so I can include MORE MORE MORE pictures!!!

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter