2012 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Part 3- Don't Post Here!!! New Thread, November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I might as well start this quick post off with a bro-hug :grouphug: to all the fellow dudes!

To add a further complication into the pool towel debacle, this is something I saw first hand yesterday. While we were sitting on our 1 chair ;) I noticed a family start packing up. I could hear their conversation and they were talking about what park they were going to and their late ADR. Now it sounded to me if they had no intention at all at coming back to SAB. Keep in mind this was around 4ish in the afternoon. And they left every single towel on the 4 chairs they were using. I got the impression that they thought a CM would pick them up! I of course could not verify this theory but I really think that's what they were doing...:stir:
Interesting. I was wondering if maybe that was the case. I think that if I need a chair and see one with just the resort pool towel on it, I may have no qualms about taking that chair. Now, if there was say a cooler, personal towel, shoes.. Anything of the more personal nature, I would never touch anything like that.
Is that bad? :rolleyes1

Interesting. I was wondering if maybe that was the case. I think that if I need a chair and see one with just the resort pool towel on it, I may have no qualms about taking that chair. Now, if there was say a cooler, personal towel, shoes.. Anything of the more personal nature, I would never touch anything like that.
Is that bad? :rolleyes1

And unfortunately you will see a lot just like that. When just me and the boys go we travel light. But with that we do have some personal belongings like you said. You'll see some flip flops and crocs under ours, towels, and my t shirt balled up on it. Something to alert you that there is a human being within the pool area who is using that chair.

And unfortunately you will see a lot just like that. When just me and the boys go we travel light. But with that we do have some personal belongings like you said. You'll see some flip flops and crocs under ours, towels, and my t shirt balled up on it. Something to alert you that there is a human being within the pool area who is using that chair.

Exactly. I'm not sure I would be upset if someone took "my" chair with just a resort towel on it. You just can't know if it's really taken or not. Here's to hoping CM's just start removing the towels. We plan on lots of pool time next week so I will definitely let everyone know how it going.

Exactly. I'm not sure I would be upset if someone took "my" chair with just a resort towel on it. You just can't know if it's really taken or not. Here's to hoping CM's just start removing the towels. We plan on lots of pool time next week so I will definitely let everyone know how it going.

Thanks!!:goodvibes

We will be checking in for our first stay at the Yacht Club on Sunday! I am a "reader" and I have truly appreciated all of the amazing information that I have gotten from this thread over the past few months - thanks to all of you!!!!

Hi all, I have a question about the music I hear on the buses for the BC&YC. I love it! It is a pretty piano type song with beach sounds and seagulls over it. Does anyone else love it?? I was wondering if anyone knew where I could find it? I have searched youtube and no luck. TIA

So much great info on this thread :). I'm not a Disney newbie, but I am a Beach Club newbie. It's getting closer to our trip, and I'm wondering if I should do the online check-in or wait until we get there. If you do online check-in and get assigned a room location you don't like, can you change it, or is it better to just wait and check in when you arrive?

If you do online check-in and get assigned a room location you don't like, can you change it, or is it better to just wait and check in when you arrive?

You absolutely can change it if there's availability. However, you will be holding up the line because the CM will need to redo your packet with the new room. I have witnessed that taking longer than checking in normally.

So am I better off waiting? I've never done on-line check in. Our last few stays have been club level, so it wasn't necessary, and before then it wasn't an available option.

Kteacher said:
So am I better off waiting? I've never done on-line check in. Our last few stays have been club level, so it wasn't necessary, and before then it wasn't an available option.

If room location and view are important to you, I would definitely hold off. Online check-in is better for someone who wants to be done quickly and is not dead set on any particular kind of room.

I have been following TigrLuvsPooh's live trip report and she says the CMs are saying December. Pretty extensive renovation. But there should be food and beverage accomodations while it is closed.

Bummer! Maybe when we go back in a few years to will be open again!

:(

In 1 week, we check into All Star Sports and then it is time to move to YC!!!

Itinerary has been created and I decided to book a few restaurants:
Biergarten (Dinner)
Rainforest Cafe at AK (Late Lunch)
Tony's Town Square (Lunch)

Thanks to Teena's inspiring pictures of Lily's first haircut, I decided to get first haircuts for my boys (Connor & Trevor) while we are there!

My mom and grandmother will be joining us for the last 2 days of the trip. (They booked 1 week, but with only a few overlapping days so my DH and I could have a few days of our 1st family vacation by ourselves). Do you think I should I plan on staying at the resort that morning, so my boys can greet their "Nanny" and "Little Nanny" or have them meet us over at Hollywood Studios?

Since I don't know how many more times their great grandmother will be able to go on vacation with them, is there anything special I could do?

I may have asked this in a previous thread, and if so I never marked it and thus forgot the answer...

We have a King Bed requested for our trip. Any able to give me an idea of what the room may look like? I've read that there is a chance it will be a Murphy bed which isn't an issue but it seems all BC pics I can find are of 2 queen beds and I'm really intrigued in what I can expect.

I can't find the original post in the pages and pages and pages of this thread. Hurricane Hannah's is closed right now? And not opening until end of this year? So no poolside beverages? Waaaahhhhh!

Finally have a chance to sit down and post quickly, so trying to do it from memory and not quoting each thing I wanted to comment on, let's see how much I can remember.

First of all the whole super hero and uniform discussion is hysterical and the "jumpsuit" even funnier :lmao: Love the sense of comic relief on these boards!

To all those there right now, hope you are staying cool and finding a way to fight the crowds.

To all those arriving today, and the next few days, HAVE A BLAST!!!!

I am bummed HH is going to be closed both times we are there, I was looking forward to trying it for the first time :(

As far as the chair hogs this has been an issue on our last few cruises and we started to see the towel police out in full force. If a chair was unoccupied for more than 30 minutes, with or without personal effects, the towel police would remove the items. Now, there are times 30 minutes is not enough, but some type of enforcement needs to be in place and followed by the CMs for sure. Hope that issue gets resolved soon.

I am sure that I had other posts I wanted to comment on, but the brain is just fried right now.

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Melissa

Started making my "remember not to forget list" today! We leave next Friday :eek: I have been so behind on getting things ready this year but in addition to this trip we are buying and selling a house so it's been a little crazy. Throw in my DS's 10th birthday tomorrow and I'm ready for vacation!! Luckily he understands we will have his party after our trip - he wants to have a sleepover with his buddies and doing that the weekend before we leave just isn't going to work! Going to do laundry tomorrow night and start bagging up the kids' outfits on Saturday. (I take each of their outfits for the day and put them in a ziploc baggie). It saves time every morning because they jsut grab a bag and it saves room in the suitcase - pretty sure I learned that trick here!! Then of course I'll have to go through every shirt / short combo I have to figure out which are going to work for me. With any luck I'll have things 90% packed by Sunday and then we'll just need to add those few last minutes items before we leave. So excited to be going back to YC/BC and can't wait to hang at SAB where the BC jumpsuit wearing super heroes will be patrolling the pool deck looking out for potential chair hoggers and giving the rule abiding Diser's the right to at least one chair to ourselves :rotfl:

In 1 week, we check into All Star Sports and then it is time to move to YC!!!

Itinerary has been created and I decided to book a few restaurants:
Biergarten (Dinner)
Rainforest Cafe at AK (Late Lunch)
Tony's Town Square (Lunch)

Thanks to Teena's inspiring pictures of Lily's first haircut, I decided to get first haircuts for my boys (Connor & Trevor) while we are there!

My mom and grandmother will be joining us for the last 2 days of the trip. (They booked 1 week, but with only a few overlapping days so my DH and I could have a few days of our 1st family vacation by ourselves). Do you think I should I plan on staying at the resort that morning, so my boys can greet their "Nanny" and "Little Nanny" or have them meet us over at Hollywood Studios?

Since I don't know how many more times their great grandmother will be able to go on vacation with them, is there anything special I could do?

The first haircut idea is great!

Might there be time for lunch or bit of dessert at the Captain's Grill for the three ladies? Just some special time together. I can often get into Captain's grill without a reservation, very helpful when you're trying to do something spur of the moment.

You'll take lots of pictures, I'm sure! You might want to get--
A photo of the little ones, you, your mom, and your grandmother. Those generational pictures are special!

A photo of the three of you. If you do the lunch or dessert idea, maybe ask the server to take it.

The haircut photos, they will be cute! So will photos from the restaurants, and all the fun at Disney shared with family.

When you return, my idea would be to make some 4x6 or 5x7 photo books. If you made three, you could keep one, and give the other two to your mom and grandmother. Something they can enjoy, but also small enough to pop in a purse and bring with them to share the photos with friends, relatives.

What a special trip you have planned, enjoy!!:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter