2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
pages 198-200

Thanks!

Even though you will be at POR and the Swan, I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list. We are equal opportunity celebrators!

:cool1:

Thanks Dee! I will miss not staying at Y&BC but in addition to visiting with Teena (and Pete!), I plan to get a Sunken Treasure, maybe dine there once or twice and do a little shopping!

Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.

This cracked me up!

Oooh! Very cool. The Beach Club was in the top 10 family hotels in the country on Trip Advisor!

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Family

Very cool indeed!!

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Off to MK today and BOG for dinner. Early CP reservation this morning

Should see Teena this afternoon

I will try and check in later

Any questions?

Hi Robyn! Thanks for checking in with us. You got a great room! Love those Bon bons!!

Kerry

Good morning friends!

I found this question on the resort boards.

"Room facing east/towards EPCOT, please. Lower floor if possible"

YC GV peeps- have you had a room with afternoon shade? Where was it?

I'm terrible with my directionality also, but think you are right in your direction-ness.
As for the covered part, due to the architecture of YC, all the rooms have covered balconies/patios, and in fact, some of them (like our room in April) have an awning as well.

Hi guys!

Just wanted to tell you we are here and have a great sv cl room overlooking back entrance. We can see the high fireworks and have a great sideways view of lagoon!

Any questions?

Based on your description, you must be right next to the suite we were in last summer! Ah, memories! Ioved the peacefulness of BC in that view, but a bit beyond, all the glittery lights of the BoardWalk. *sigh*

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hi guys!

It's great to be home! Room was clean and no problems. Lived appetizers in lounge last night and dd was thrilled there were Oreo Bon bons too!

Any questions?

Have fun!!

Why do I know that EPCOT is EAST of the Beach Club?

During my very first trip to the Beach Club, when I met Teena, there was a space shuttle launch scheduled for the night we arrived. That launch was scrubbed due to weather, but Teena told us when it was rescheduled and that we could see it by looking to the east (towards Mexico in EPCOT). We happened to have dinner at Le Cellier that night, and our checkin was just a few minutes after the launch, so we watched from Canada as the shuttle lifted off right before our dinner that night.

That is very cool!

Just wanted to share. Finished paying off both CL rooms for September last night! Now I just need to pay off the Villa. The trip seems more real now. I am so excited to be going to the Beach Club and sharing it with my family. I can't wait to play with my grandsons in SAB.

I'm in the teens! I'm in the teens. And in case you didn't know.......I'm in the teens today :) :) :)

Robyn : have a great MK day!!!!

Hi guys!

Any questions?

I'm coming, I'm coming:moped:
The plane leaves in t -minus 22hours and 20 minutes... but who's counting:confused3

Time to continue getting the house ready for the dog/house hitter. Yesterday I did a deep clean of the bathrooms and kitchen:headache:. Today is floor scrubbing day. It's ok because tomorrow I will be :beach:

I'm coming, I'm coming:moped:
The plane leaves in t -minus 22hours and 20 minutes... but who's counting:confused3

Time to continue getting the house ready for the dog/house hitter. Yesterday I did a deep clean of the bathrooms and kitchen:headache:. Today is floor scrubbing day. It's ok because tomorrow I will be :beach:

A dog hitter? Grace & Henry don't approve.

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

So... There was supposed to be a judgemental looking picture of my 2 cats which would have made that last post a lot funnier.

{edit:there we go!....and clearly Couchy I'm kidding. ;-) }

Another coffee question: after seeing the previous thread about coffee, my DH and I started talking about bringing his own ground coffee (he is very much the coffee snob!) packed in our bags. Which brought up this question: the coffee makers in the rooms are the kind that have filters? I'm not a coffee person at all so I'm clueless. Having his coffee on the morning makes all the difference (and I won't have to listen to him whine about will make me happy too) :)

29 days!!!

Another coffee question: after seeing the previous thread about coffee, my DH and I started talking about bringing his own ground coffee (he is very much the coffee snob!) packed in our bags. Which brought up this question: the coffee makers in the rooms are the kind that have filters? I'm not a coffee person at all so I'm clueless. Having his coffee on the morning makes all the difference (and I won't have to listen to him whine about will make me happy too) :)

29 days!!!

Sadly, no. I used to bring my own coffee too, but now they have "the pods"

Here's the info from Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info)

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg
coffeemakercloseupcinderumbrella-1.jpg
Coffeepod.jpg

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

Sadly, no. I used to bring my own coffee too, but now they have "the pods"

Here's the info from Page 1, Post 14 (Other Useful Info)

What kind of coffeemakers are in the resort rooms?

As of October 2011, the drip coffee makers in the BC and YC resort rooms were replaced.

The regular resort rooms and club level rooms (including Deluxe Rooms) now have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines:

Thanks for the photos Rorey, Cinderumbrella and MickeyT!

Here is what I believe are in the rooms currently. Anyone who has been there more recently, please correct this info if it is wrong:

All regular (non-club level) rooms: Cuisinart Pods

All standard club level rooms, all views (standard meaning non-suite), including Deluxe Club Level Rooms: Cuisinart Pods

Suites (1 BR, 2 BR, VP, Presidential Suites): Keurig K-cup

Beach Club Villas- Mr. Coffee-type makers (4 cup for studio, 10 cup for 1BR, 2BR)

I think this applies to both BC and YC- again, let me know if I am wrong!

Thanks!

Thanks for all the great info. You guys really know your stuff.:thumbsup2 If I wanted to request a room near the Marketplace, I am assuming it is near the lobby?

Thanks for all the great info. You guys really know your stuff.:thumbsup2 If I wanted to request a room near the Marketplace, I am assuming it is near the lobby?

Yes near lobby would get you near marketplace either on ground or 2nd floor for walking or by elevators down from floors 2 - 5.

We've been booked for BC since January, we'll arrive in September, my ? Is how busy is the pool since I know it's shared with YC?

Hi guys!

Any questions?

Oh I know exactly where you are and I love that view!! Very good for people watching, LOL!!

I can't WAIT to hear about your BOG dinner!!!! I always like the start MK day with a visit to CP. This must be why we always run into each other in restaurants, we have the same plans when it comes to dining!!:cool1:

Would love to hear your opinions on the New Fantasyland attractions.

The BC CL and YC CL are the same. Same menu items each night, same everything. Some CMs work both sides. Same managers. So if you noticed changes between staying at the BC CL one year and then the next year at the YC CL, or vice versa, whatever changes made in the menu on one side will be identical on the other. Hopefully with the renovations taking place next year, you will give it another try.

It definitely wasn't the CMs or the food, it was just too crowded and unorganized. Every time we tried to grab something in the morning there was a huge line to wait and everyone crammed into that little cubby area. It was nearly impossible to get a cup of coffee because of a crowd of people trying to toast bagels. I just love how the YC lounge is spread out and has food totally separate from coffee and soft drinks stations. It made it so easy to get a cup of coffee. Which for me is probably the biggest reason I even stay CL. ;)

Erika, since you have mentioned similar concerns, it would be helpful for you to send a letter as well. Especially since you have been able to visit club level at many of the Disney resorts, your input about what you like and what you don't like, would be very valuable.

I talked to a couple of different managers while we were there, you probably remember our leaking toilet nightmare :thumbsup2 , and they told me about the expansion of the lounge. I would definitely try it again if they expanded. I think it would make a world of difference.

He was there overnight ... I think he should have been there at least two nights instead of one. Yep, Starbucks is the best medicine as far as he is concerned. I hate coffee.

Glad to hear he is on the mend. Wanting coffee is a good sign:) Sorry that they made him leave earlier than you felt he was ready.

Our packing dialog:
DW>Which of these shirts do you want to wear?
Me> That one. That one. And that one.
DW> OK. Get out of the way.

Too funny!

My DH is the over packer in the family. Last year we went to Disney for 2 weeks. Florida in August... So I told him we are going to do laundry twice and I want everybody to pack for ONE WEEK and no more.
He brought me a suitcase so stuffed it wouldn't zip the night before we left. I started going through it- he had something like 18 t-shirts, some long sleeved shirts, 4 sets of pj's, 7 pairs of pants, 4 pairs of shorts, three pairs of shoes, multiple sweaters and a winter coat plus enough socks and underwear for the full two weeks plus some. I have no idea how that was one week to him. Why was the man trying to take a winter coat to Florida in August? :confused3
I unpacked and packed everything for three of us into that suitcase.

Oh my! Glad you checked before he left.

Hi guys!

Any questions?

Have fun!

Why do I know that EPCOT is EAST of the Beach Club?

During my very first trip to the Beach Club, when I met Teena, there was a space shuttle launch scheduled for the night we arrived. That launch was scrubbed due to weather, but Teena told us when it was rescheduled and that we could see it by looking to the east (towards Mexico in EPCOT). We happened to have dinner at Le Cellier that night, and our checkin was just a few minutes after the launch, so we watched from Canada as the shuttle lifted off right before our dinner that night.

Wow! How cool. I would love to see that!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter