• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with @tvsdisney. This pic is from April 2017 so a touch dated, but the same setup generally applies. There's just not much room to add another lounger as the other cabanas are close, just to the left and right of this image.
View attachment 354120

This was the inside... again, from April 2017 so the furniture now could be different - I'm not sure. But I suspect it's generally similar.
View attachment 354121

Thanks again for the wonderful pictures! This really help showing the inside.

I’ll also add they might have moved the planters because I remember there wasn’t much room to move out of the space with the loungers and the massive plants in the way.
Also the inside look pretty consistent witn what we had in August. I think the two single chairs might have been replaced with some more comfortable cushioned ones.

Those planters seem odd! I seem to remember they removed the cabanas for a while last year I think.

I’ll make it work and use those padded couches between pool dips. It’s Disney and GF after all!

Thanks again for the wonderful pictures! This really help showing the inside.

Those planters seem odd! I seem to remember they removed the cabanas for a while last year I think.

I’ll make it work and use those padded couches between pool dips. It’s Disney and GF after all!

FYI, I went back to one of the high res versions of my pics from last weekend so I could zoom in on the cabanas. See below. Plants still appear to be there between cabana lounges. Also another view of how there isn’t a ton of room between each. Not visible is the one on the far left which is a bit more secluded.

Hope that helps!

Zoomed in On Cabanas.jpg

FYI, I went back to one of the high res versions of my pics from last weekend so I could zoom in on the cabanas. See below. Plants still appear to be there between cabana lounges. Also another view of how there isn’t a ton of room between each. Not visible is the one on the far left which is a bit more secluded.

Hope that helps!

View attachment 354238

I wouldn’t mind being there like right now.....enjoying one of those cabanas!

Well, I am back from my four day stay at the Grand Floridian. Since we were there for a conference they tried to put us on that side of the resort. I was in room 7329 on the 3rd floor of Conch Key. I received some pixie dust as I had a full on castle view which was beautiful, especially at night. However, I was really almost never in the room due to the schedule of events..lol!

Overall the resort grounds were beautiful and the staff friendly. I know that we had convention rates for rooms and several people brought their families down before or after our meetings. At those rates, I think the resort is worth it. In the $400-$600 a night range, I have to tell you, I guess I don't get it. The location is great and having the monorail there is wonderful, but the buses to Disney Springs and Animal Kingdom were painfully slow. Also, I really wonder what they are going to do to refresh the rooms. Don't get me wrong, the beds are WONDERFUL and the pillows super comfortable. However, the daybed was worn and had obvious pilled fabric. There is nothing about that bathroom that screams luxury resort. I had forgotten from my previous stay how the bathroom door basically hits the toilet and the shower is a rather plain shower head and it is in a tub. Maybe in the next refurb they will modernize that and put hardwoods or hard surface flooring in the room instead of carpeting. I had a hairdryer in my room that did not work. Luckily, I do not leave home without my own dryer for this reason. I did not have time to wait for a new one. I reported it on my first morning and as of check out yesterday, it was still the old dryer.

Honestly, I had a great time and I am not trying to be overly negative. I guess I was just a bit let down by the rooms. When I stayed two years ago, I was in Conch Key too with a garden view. That time I got one of the turret rooms that had the large sitting area. Because of the extra room, that did feel a bit more special, I guess.

ETA: We also had a very cool private event at the Animal Kingdom that resulted in our group being able to ridge Flights of Passage with no wait. Many of us rode two and a few even three times. We also had a team building event at the Wide World of Sports that was very cool.

I wouldn’t mind being there like right now.....enjoying one of those cabanas!

Me too :cloud9:

Well, I am back from my four day stay at the Grand Floridian. Since we were there for a conference they tried to put us on that side of the resort. I was in room 7329 on the 3rd floor of Conch Key. I received some pixie dust as I had a full on castle view which was beautiful, especially at night. However, I was really almost never in the room due to the schedule of events..lol!

Honestly, I had a great time and I am not trying to be overly negative. I guess I was just a bit let down by the rooms. When I stayed two years ago, I was in Conch Key too with a garden view. That time I got one of the turret rooms that had the large sitting area. Because of the extra room, that did feel a bit more special, I guess.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a nice stay overall :wizard:.

I just rebooked my SL ressie to the main building! YAHOO! My sis got a pin code for the dates. My question is my mother is thinking of joining us now. Do the rooms in RPC have the sofa bed? Thanks

I just rebooked my SL ressie to the main building! YAHOO! My sis got a pin code for the dates. My question is my mother is thinking of joining us now. Do the rooms in RPC have the sofa bed? Thanks

If I remember correctly:

Standard View rooms in RPC are a mix of 2 Queens only and 2 Queens with a day bed.
Theme Park View rooms in RPC all have 2 Queens and a day bed.

I said I had to stay mods next year due to budget constraints.:faint:

So a friend offered to come with with me and split the cost.:thumbsup2 Then Visa discount had great rates for January.:goodvibes

Gf sl was cheaper than bwi cl for example and hundreds less per night vs poly and CR.::yes::

So yay I have a new ticker!:cool1:

This is awesome!! We love RPC so much. I don't bother requesting a daybed there anymore because I was told by DSS that all rooms have daybeds in RPC. If that is not correct, then I guess I've been lucky!

We leave in 16 days for our first stay at GF.

It is a surprise trip for my 8yr old so can't show or share my excitement at all.

Starting to slowly gather items and pack trying not to raise too much suspicion. We live in New England so at least not using our summer gear anymore so hopefully no one will notice all the shorts are 'missing' !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter