(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our room was in good condition. We had 4426 which is on the atrium and faces poly.

Our housekeeper was super!

Most stuff looked similar. I thought of you chicken nugget nights. DD was mad she missed the corndogs lol. (they had them last night but she left before us)

The alcohol was all different. The sparkling was Michelle (my friend at WL cl said same there). I really just didn't do pix or pay attention this trip. I was too busy having a grand time!

There were mickey waffles Sun and Mon. (not, thu/fri/sat)

I did notice a man was drinking a choc milk midday so I asked what it was and he had it with kahlua. They really seemed to step it up to be more a FUN trip.

That’s wonderful to hear!! Too funny I’m now known for the nuggets!! 😂 When I met you there, I thought the CM’s were outstanding. I’m happy to hear that they are still going above and beyond. I would love to see the Mickey waffles more often, but I will take what I can get! Happy you had a great trip!

@trishadono Did 4426 have the little extra wet bar and entryway that the SV RPC rooms that face the courtyard pool don't have? I thought I had read that somewhere on here a while back (regarding the bank of rooms across the atrium facing the Poly), but don't often get firsthand information about RPC rooms. I am requesting 4th floor facing the Poly/lagoon for our upcoming SV RPC stay, because even though you don't see fireworks I always seem to think a water view is better than a resort view, and I had read those rooms were a little bigger with the wet bar/sink area. What are your thoughts on RPC SV rooms? Because we have twin 2 yr olds I did put 4th floor as my first request, because even though there are easy stairs from the 3rd floor it would be so much easier to just either walk out or take the stroller without an elevator.
Yes 4423-28 have the wet bar and view of poly.

If you do want a fireworks view 4x18 and 4x17 do have it. It’s a side view over the resort but still lovely.

I watched HEA from the 3rd floor rpc balcony which has lots of room.

I prefer the rooms with wet bar mainly because I can hear the band/piano from room. It’s not too loud .The std 4x13-18 have lots of hall traffic/voices.

Yes 4423-28 have the wet bar and view of poly.

If you do want a fireworks view 4x18 and 4x17 do have it. It’s a side view over the resort but still lovely.

I watched HEA from the 3rd floor rpc balcony which has lots of room.

I prefer the rooms with wet bar mainly because I can hear the band/piano from room. It’s not too loud .The std 4x13-18 have lots of hall traffic/voices.
Thanks! While fireworks from the room would be nice, it's not the greatest view of them so I decided I would rather request the view of the Poly. It would be a nice bonus if we can't get my request, though. The only time we stayed in RPC we were in a 2nd floor king deluxe and while I loved the view it didn't compare to a Poly TPV so we sprung for TPV there and SV RPC. What's funny is I put all of this time deciding what room to request, and I'll probably get the opposite of my requests. Last summer we also did a 3 way split stay and were 0 for 3 on room requests lol. I do hope we get 4th floor, it just seems like it will be so much easier with 2 toddlers. Watch we'll get 3x13-18 - third floor and not facing the Poly.

ETA I can't see your pictures :sad:

Thanks! While fireworks from the room would be nice, it's not the greatest view of them so I decided I would rather request the view of the Poly. It would be a nice bonus if we can't get my request, though. The only time we stayed in RPC we were in a 2nd floor king deluxe and while I loved the view it didn't compare to a Poly TPV so we sprung for TPV there and SV RPC. What's funny is I put all of this time deciding what room to request, and I'll probably get the opposite of my requests. Last summer we also did a 3 way split stay and were 0 for 3 on room requests lol. I do hope we get 4th floor, it just seems like it will be so much easier with 2 toddlers. Watch we'll get 3x13-18 - third floor and not facing the Poly.

ETA I can't see your pictures :sad:
This new thing lol. I guess I’ll have to try a different way,

I see both posts on my phone lol! I couldn’t see the first ones from my laptop. Thanks for the photos, they’re great! I hope I get one of those rooms, but any room in RPC will be wonderful. That’s why I didn’t worry about booking SV there- no bad views IMO!

Hi, everyone! We'll be arriving at the GF on Sunday, June 9th. Quick question about online check in - the only room request option I see is for Upper Floor or Highest Floor. Is that normal? I don't see anywhere to request a building. Thanks!

Hi, everyone! We'll be arriving at the GF on Sunday, June 9th. Quick question about online check in - the only room request option I see is for Upper Floor or Highest Floor. Is that normal? I don't see anywhere to request a building. Thanks!
Online check-in requests have been broken/missing for quite some time. Best to call WDW reservations and note any requests you have in order of importance.

Last edited:
I hope I get one of those rooms, but any room in RPC will be wonderful. That’s why I didn’t worry about booking SV there- no bad views IMO!

I agree ;).

Of course! I always have a great time at Disney! Going back for the holiday's. Can't wait!

Hope you have a great return trip for the holidays :wizard:.

Hopefully someone can figure out how to fix them . Until then sideways better that none lol.

::yes::

Morning everyone! Just made my ADR’s for our November trip!! Was able to get everything I wanted, as well as the times. Going to ‘stay home’ and eat a couple of the days! I booked Park Fare breakfast (will be our first time eating there!), and we’re going to do Narcoossee’s for our anniversary dinner ☺ After seeing @trishadono pictures (which are great, by the way!), I’m even more excited to get back there!!!! I’m under 30 days till our summer trip!! Can’t wait to get back home :cloud9:

Morning everyone! Just made my ADR’s for our November trip!! Was able to get everything I wanted, as well as the times. Going to ‘stay home’ and eat a couple of the days! I booked Park Fare breakfast (will be our first time eating there!), and we’re going to do Narcoossee’s for our anniversary dinner ☺ After seeing @trishadono pictures (which are great, by the way!), I’m even more excited to get back there!!!! I’m under 30 days till our summer trip!! Can’t wait to get back home :cloud9:

So exciting!!! Your plans sound wonderful. I haven't had breakfast at Park Fare since DD needed a highchair and she's 22.:rotfl2: I hope you got a good time slot for Narcoossee's so you can enjoy the fireworks and electrical parade from there.

Today is my anniversary and its the first time we're not at the GF and WDW in two years on this day (my honeymoon was WDW also). With that said...I just informed my DH I hate being home today, I miss being at the GF today its the perfect place to celebrate....lol . We don't return until late September this year because the kids wanted to join us and my DS in the NYPD police academy and doesn't graduate until July 2nd. Still hoping he gets that time off but either way we're going...lol . They can meet us there!!:goodvibes

I hope everyone is having a magical day, I hope to hear from anyone returning so we can live vicariously through their trip.:cloud9:

So exciting!!! Your plans sound wonderful. I haven't had breakfast at Park Fare since DD needed a highchair and she's 22.:rotfl2: I hope you got a good time slot for Narcoossee's so you can enjoy the fireworks and electrical parade from there.

Today is my anniversary and its the first time we're not at the GF and WDW in two years on this day (my honeymoon was WDW also). With that said...I just informed my DH I hate being home today, I miss being at the GF today its the perfect place to celebrate....lol . We don't return until late September this year because the kids wanted to join us and my DS in the NYPD police academy and doesn't graduate until July 2nd. Still hoping he gets that time off but either way we're going...lol . They can meet us there!!:goodvibes

I hope everyone is having a magical day, I hope to hear from anyone returning so we can live vicariously through their trip.:cloud9:

Happy Anniversary!!! :flower3: Sorry you can’t be in Disney today, but September is only 3 months away!! (BTW we also had our honeymoon in Disney!!!)

Best of luck to your DS!!! So exciting! Long hours, but definitely a rewarding job! We are in NJ!

I actually booked Narcoossee’s two nights.... one at an earlier time, one later for fireworks. We typically like to do an early dinner and then go into the parks at night, but thinking we might be able to go into the park and then come back early for dinner instead so we can see fireworks! We have time to decide which one we want to do!

I am excited to try Park Fare! Looks like a lot more food compared to some of the other breakfast buffets. My kids still enjoy the characters, and are excited to see new ones! (We typically do Ohana or Cape May Cafe). I love breakfast, so I honestly don’t care what characters are there, as long as the food is good!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter