(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to plan a VGF trip for DH and I for "a set of 5 nights still to be determined" in Oct which is driving me bonkers since it's NEXT month!

But anyway - since the GF is re-opening Sept 21st has anyone heard if more dining options, like 1900 Park Fare (as a non-buffet option like Chef Mickey's), Narcoosees or Citricos will be re-opening as well?

And do we know if the boats to/from MK will be running when the "resort" reopens?

and as far as we know, the monorail is still not stopping at the TTC to get on the Epcot monorail??

So full of questions!! THANKS!
The Epcot monorail is currently not running. I stayed at CR recently and a direct bus to Epcot is a)faster b) does not involve walking those huge ramps not just once but twice!

However that could change at any time so keep on eye out.

For CR they did NOT announce the opening of CG. They just opened the day the resort opened. Kinda hard to plan meals that way not knowing lol. I currently booked at BLT for Oct I have cr/poly/gf booked but can move things if other restaurants open.

I am hoping the boats open! I think that was one thing i missed the most. It has been always been "a must do" no matter where I stayed, I stopped over to that area for at least one ride.

Last any Stacey must do lovers? She is hiding on an upper channel lol , just scan to you find her. 70 something i think.

How are is it to get a one bedroom villa DVC in late March/ early April (easter recess)? I want to book one now but want to wait since I cannot cancel when renting points.

How are is it to get a one bedroom villa DVC in late March/ early April (easter recess)? I want to book one now but want to wait since I cannot cancel when renting points.
I travel to wdw 5-8 times a year, Hands down VGF is the hardest to get/see availability. If you want that resort only then it’s tricky, Normally I would say “no chance” but things are still below capacity so you may have a better chance to get a room if you wait vs other years.

Only you can decide. Will you stay somewhere else if it sells out or not go? What is keeping you from booking?

Another option is to do a cash res and have the option to cancel.

Anyone wanting to take the bus to HS get there before 9am. We left the room at 8:45am and there was already a line of people waiting (not exactly a line but people knew who was there before others). We missed the first bus (that we saw) around 9am and then caught the next bus at 9:15am. We made it to the HS in plenty of time and this was Sunday of Labor Day weekend.

Anyone wanting to take the bus to HS get there before 9am. We left the room at 8:45am and there was already a line of people waiting (not exactly a line but people knew who was there before others). We missed the first bus (that we saw) around 9am and then caught the next bus at 9:15am. We made it to the HS in plenty of time and this was Sunday of Labor Day weekend.
THANK YOU for this information! We are hoping to book trip in later Oct and I was just wondering this!!

THANK YOU for this information! We are hoping to book trip in later Oct and I was just wondering this!!
Bus waits were minimal except TO Hs morning. Everybody trying to get a boarding group!

Another option is to go to MK and bus to any resort walkable to Hs . Bc/YC/bwi. Bwi villa side is open and closest to HS.

However dd and I just took an Uber. $13 from poly to HS FYI. They also have taxis at each resort.

FYI, holiday GF visitors....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/09/walt-disney-world-resort-holidays-start-nov-6/
Disney Resort hotels will also be decked out for the holidays, with their lobbies featuring iconic trees and other festive flourishes. One thing to keep in mind is that our gingerbread displays will not return to the Resort hotels this year. While we know they are a favorite of people taking in the holiday décor, we’re not able to include those displays due to physical distancing guidelines.

Last edited:
FYI, holiday GF visitors....

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2020/09/walt-disney-world-resort-holidays-start-nov-6/
Disney Resort hotels will also be decked out for the holidays, with their lobbies featuring iconic trees and other festive flourishes. One thing to keep in mind is that our gingerbread displays will not return to the Resort hotels this year. While we know they are a favorite of people taking in the holiday décor, we’re not able to include those displays due to physical distancing guidelines.

No castle lights AND no gingerbread house? I’d express my feelings, but I’m not allowed to say those types of words on these boards. 😢

Question for the GF pros - is the children’s splash area still closed for work? It was in early July when we were passing by on the monorail but that feels like a long time ago at this point, so just checking if there has been any update. Thank you!

12 days away, I guess the GF reopening is really going to happen. 🤞

Question for the GF pros - is the children’s splash area still closed for work? It was in early July when we were passing by on the monorail but that feels like a long time ago at this point, so just checking if there has been any update. Thank you!

12 days away, I guess the GF reopening is really going to happen. 🤞
We did a quick stop over the past weekend and walked around the GF grounds a little and the splash pad appeared to be closed to me. It was dry and there were no kids. The one at the Contemporary appeared to be open though so maybe when the hotel opens they may open the one at GF?

Does anyone know if the new walkway from GF to the MK is comparable in distance as the walkway from the Contemporary to MK??

We arrive at the GF on Oct 18th and it would be GREAT if the walkway was open!

We did a quick stop over the past weekend and walked around the GF grounds a little and the splash pad appeared to be closed to me. It was dry and there were no kids. The one at the Contemporary appeared to be open though so maybe when the hotel opens they may open the one at GF?

Thank you @Mzpalmtree. Sort of silly I admit, but the splash pad is a borderline make or break deal for us - hoping it reopens with the resort side, or sometime soon.

Thanks again for the on the ground report!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter