• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never had it, but I heard it’s great!! I’ve been trying for Le Cellier!! Still nothing except a 3:00 for the day I want it. If I can’t get it for the first week, I’ll definitely try for the 2nd!! Hope you have a great trip!!!!!!!
I have done both once. Chefs won hands down,

Views, food, wine, waiter all better. Price same or lower at chefs.

I have done both once. Chefs won hands down,

Views, food, wine, waiter all better. Price same or lower at chefs.

Ok... so.... you know I’m picky!! ...but like Le Cellier for a few reasons:

1) Amazing Moscato
2) Truffle Fries
3) Mushroom Risotto (never had before eating there a few years back!!! SO good)
4) Their pretzel bread!
5) Their filet

🙃

Last edited:

DS and I randomly ate at Chefs late (I think) 2019. One of those situations where it was the only option that came up as I was messing around on the app on the monorail over, so we just booked it as we needed some food. Had walked by hundreds of times, never eaten there. Among the top 3 meals we’ve ever had at WDW, like amazingly good. I was floored. Totally changed my perception of the France pavilion and dining options there.

(Sorry kinda OT for this thread!)

Finally got Le Cellier today after trying everyday since they extended the hours for the weekend. I am looking forward to leaving the park after it closes. Keep trying everyone!!

I have touring plans trying to tweak some CG reservations, the times I have are just ok.

Can't wait to try Chef's without the kids, my DD is lactose intolerant so I really don't think French would be a good choice...lol. Hopefully in June me and hubby to return after years since our last visit.

1) Amazing Moscato
2) Truffle Fries
4) Their pretzel bread!
5) Their filet

🙃
I always thought you only ate chicken nuggets😂

I think my issue was I was HOT and therefore cranky for our lunch. Maybe I should give it another try sometime.

I always thought you only ate chicken nuggets😂

I think my issue was I was HOT and therefore cranky for our lunch. Maybe I should give it another try sometime.

Funny, I get that a lot on these boards!!!! 😂 😂 😂

Yeah, doesn’t hurt! We usually make our reservation a little later so we can go back to the room, shower, dress up a bit, and then go back for dinner. I really enjoy it!

I’m happy I’m not the only one up at this ridiculous hour! 😊

It’s early evening down here. You can stay up and chat WDW and GF as long as you like. It helps this Aussie get through our lockdown. :goodvibes

Aww sorry you’re going through that right now. The Dis boards are definitely a good way to pass the time 🙂

1) Amazing Moscato
2) Truffle Fries
4) Their pretzel bread!
5) Their filet

🙃

This was always my EXACT meal there (minus the truffle fries)! We used to go there every single trip when my girls were younger.

I'm so sad they're keeping CL closed for so long. We'd even pay for a reduced CL (just drinks and some packaged snacks?). We are going during Thanksgiving and love to stay in RPC for the ambiance during the holidays, but this time it looks like it will be a LV room (which we do love too). I keep checking to see if they added CL back in and I can't believe there are no resorts available anymore for my dates except for AoA. I'm so glad I snagged our room right when AP rates were released. At that time, there was a lot of availability.

Question on room requests at GF... we've never stayed there and typically I have a some strong preferences on where we stay at other resorts. For an outer building garden view, is there anything I should be requesting? It's my understanding all rooms have balconies (v imp to us!) and they all seem relatively close to the pools/main building. Are any buildings superior to another?

Another Q, I notice that GF Private (in room) Dining has breakfast and dinner hours listed in the app. If accurate, I’m assuming this means that - like YC when it reopened - in room dining is available.

Anyone there able to confirm if a menu is in the room/able to snap a picture?

Another Q, I notice that GF Private (in room) Dining has breakfast and dinner hours listed in the app. If accurate, I’m assuming this means that - like YC when it reopened - in room dining is available.

Anyone there able to confirm if a menu is in the room/able to snap a picture?

There is nothing paper in our room. No menu, no resort info, no television channel guide, etc.

Good Morning All

Does anyone know when and if the orchestra and piano player will be returning to the Grand?
Not sure if it has been posted here yet, but the Grand Floridian Orchestra is leaving the Grand Floridian Resort permanently. :( They just posted this sad news on Facebook. Their last day performing in DHS as the Disney Society Orchestra is October 3rd. They will be missed in WDW, after 32 years of playing together. :( :(

Good Morning All

Does anyone know when and if the orchestra and piano player will be returning to the Grand?

Sadly, verrrrrry sadly, the orchestra is not returning and I’m not sure why the pianists haven’t returned or when they might be back.

The lobby has been sooooooo quiet until last night (Friday evening) when we saw a few guest arrivals. We are in the main building and it seems much quieter than normal. Not sure about other buildings but it’s a **GORGEOUS** day ( if you like hot sun that is!) so the pools are all very lively. It will be interesting to see if it’s quiet again during the weekdays.

Not sure if it has been posted here yet, but the Grand Floridian Orchestra is leaving the Grand Floridian Resort permanently. :( They just posted this sad news on Facebook. Their last day performing in DHS as the Disney Society Orchestra is October 3rd. They will be missed in WDW, after 32 years of playing together. :( :(

OH NO, OH NO!!!! I hadn't heard!! One of my absolute favorite things to do is to get ready for dinner early, go to the bar and listen to the orchestra. If I am lucky, I also get to grab a peak at Cinderella and her royal parade. I have spoken to many of them over the years, such nice guys....this is just the saddest news. I am just going to miss them in DHS too, first the fireworks and now this:headache:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter