2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what are they doing durning this room rehab? From pictures the BC/YC rooms look fairly well kept. I've never stayed there though to see the rooms in person, but they look really nice. Whatever they end up doing I'm sure it'll look great as well.

Total change from carpets to bedding, colors, bathrooms, etc. Every resort gets rooms rehabbed on a schedule. I think it's every five years but not sure. Gotta keep them looking fresh and good!

My mom and I will be staying at the BCV April 29th to May 5th. I am so looking forward to it especially with all this snow all around me right now

Has anyone done the 7 hour backstage magic tour? I am debating if I should do that or just go to seaworld for the day ($ wise it will be about the same) never been to seaworld

Must be a Jersey night, great minds are dreaming of Disney on this cold snowy evening. Dee if you could please change our dates to August 20 -27, 2014 BCV. It's a done deal, we booked today!! :dance3:

:rotfl: Agreed! Bless my DH and DS12 who were out cleaning up the driveway while the other kiddos and I watched TV (well I did schoolwork).

Dee For the umpteenth time :duck: I've changed the reservation. I actually changed twice, first I added BACK CL :thumbsup2 I also dropped two nights, I am trying to be a good Mama and wife giving the family some Universal time. :goodvibes

We will be at the beach 8/15-21, then over to Hard Rock Hotel 8/21-24...then over to my happy place DISNEY :cloud9:

BC SV CL 8/24-29 :love: This resort changer is staying at Beach Club

For a PP who asked about the number of connecting rooms... I did ask IPO the chances of possibly not getting connecting rooms, and I was told we have highest priority being 2 adults with 5 kids (kids outnumber us...). There's always a chance we won't get it, but it's all good. If it's an important request, make it your only request. Best of luck!

When we cleaned up the snow this morning, I put a bottle of water right by the garage door that I took out of the refrigerator. When we finished an hour later it had a big chunk of ice in it from the cold outside.

:rotfl: Agreed! Bless my DH and DS12 who were out cleaning up the driveway while the other kiddos and I watched TV (well I did schoolwork).

Dee For the umpteenth time :duck: I've changed the reservation. I actually changed twice, first I added BACK CL :thumbsup2 I also dropped two nights, I am trying to be a good Mama and wife giving the family some Universal time. :goodvibes

We will be at the beach 8/15-21, then over to Hard Rock Hotel 8/21-24...then over to my happy place DISNEY :cloud9:

BC SV CL 8/24-29 :love: This resort changer is staying at Beach Club

For a PP who asked about the number of connecting rooms... I did ask IPO the chances of possibly not getting connecting rooms, and I was told we have highest priority being 2 adults with 5 kids (kids outnumber us...). There's always a chance we won't get it, but it's all good. If it's an important request, make it your only request. Best of luck!

Oh yes!! If you are a family with two adults and five kids, you get first priority on connecting rooms and since there are 38 BC SV CL rooms, you have a good chance!

Although most of you are experiencing horrible winter weather, it hasn't been a great winter here in Florida either. Tonight another cold front is arriving. Low in the 30's all week and only in the 50's during day. 60's later this week but still 30's at night.

So if you are heading our way soon, shorts and tees and bathing suits aren't going to be needed.

Hi Teena,

We arrive on the 31st and I'm hoping the weather is on the upswing by then!!! However, I am packing for any type of weather. Looking forward to meeting you at the BC!

Hi Teena,

We arrive on the 31st and I'm hoping the weather is on the upswing by then!!! However, I am packing for any type of weather. Looking forward to meeting you at the BC!

Very smart. Winters here are strange. 80 one day and a high of 45 the next. Gotta be ready for anything. But I doubt you'll see any snow!!! See you soon!

Oh yes!! If you are a family with two adults and five kids, you get first priority on connecting rooms and since there are 38 BC SV CL rooms, you have a good chance!
:cool1: Thanks Teena!!! :hug:

Has anyone done the 7 hour backstage magic tour? I am debating if I should do that or just go to seaworld for the day ($ wise it will be about the same) never been to seaworld

I did that tour a few years ago... I LOVED it! So much information and really fun! They take you by bus and then there is lunch at Whispering Canyon... Just a really fun way to spend the day! Ask any questions you want and I'll try to answer for you.

~N

Hi everyone!!!! Long time no chat!!! I have not been on here in over a month and boy have I missed you guys.....:hug:

Our December and January have been crazy. I really need a WDW trip to plan but nothing on the books yet.....boooooooo

Santa brought the kids a puppy for Christmas who was great for a week but then starting throwing up. He spent the week going between the vet and the animal emergency hospital (because of the holiday) to the tune of $3500. :eek: He had Parvo. Not fun! He is all better now thank goodness. Other than he is a biting machine.:rotfl2: I think he is channeling his inner alligator and might need a trip to the Animal Kingdom!:dance3:

That along with a lot of other crazy stuff with my mom and DHs job has kept me from my happy place.....but I'm back!!:cool1:

So how is everyone?????

Just wanted to say a big thank you to the "thread keeper." I'm loving all the info I'm getting. I'm so excited for our stay I can hardly contain myself. Once a trip is on the books the anticipation kicks into overdrive. My husband is super jealous that we got CL, he's now considering joining us for a few days. That will require me to book a second room so I told him to make up his mind quickly.

Hope all you Northeaster's are safe and warm this morning. Happy Planning All!

Hi everyone!!!! Long time no chat!!! I have not been on here in over a month and boy have I missed you guys.....:hug:

Our December and January have been crazy. I really need a WDW trip to plan but nothing on the books yet.....boooooooo

Santa brought the kids a puppy for Christmas who was great for a week but then starting throwing up. He spent the week going between the vet and the animal emergency hospital (because of the holiday) to the tune of $3500. :eek: He had Parvo. Not fun! He is all better now thank goodness. Other than he is a biting machine.:rotfl2: I think he is channeling his inner alligator and might need a trip to the Animal Kingdom!:dance3:

That along with a lot of other crazy stuff with my mom and DHs job has kept me from my happy place.....but I'm back!!:cool1:

So how is everyone?????

Missed you. I'm on week four of antibiotics ... bronchitis. Actually feeling a tad better today. Bob and I are thinking about going to an all inclusive adult Caribbean resort for our 35th anniversary in early August. Think we've narrowed it down to the Excellence in Punta Cana. We've been real busy at work. However, I wish the weather would get better. I'm tired of people complaining that we don't have an indoor swimming pool.

We're home on our second snow day (this one even has snow!) and I am happily using the time to plan our upcoming trip.

Transportation question - we have a couple of evening meals planned at resorts and I'm curious about the best way to return to the YC.

Jiko - I think our dinner will likely end after AK closes. Should we take a bus to DHS and then the boat (or walk) to YC? A cab?
Narcoosee's/CA Grill - Boat or monorail to MK, bus to YC?

Thanks for any advice!

We're home on our second snow day (this one even has snow!) and I am happily using the time to plan our upcoming trip.

Transportation question - we have a couple of evening meals planned at resorts and I'm curious about the best way to return to the YC.

Jiko - I think our dinner will likely end after AK closes. Should we take a bus to DHS and then the boat (or walk) to YC? A cab?
Narcoosee's/CA Grill - Boat or monorail to MK, bus to YC?

Thanks for any advice!

We love Disney transportation so we never take a cab. Always have enjoyed the buses and boats. Not a fan of the monorail though. So for Jiko's, I would take the bus to Hollywood and then the boat to Y&B but watch the times guide because sometimes Hollywood Studios closes early too. As far as Narcoossee's, we would take boat (right next to Narcoossee's) to the Magic Kingdom and hop on the bus to the Y&B.

It is great to see you back here again. :goodvibes I love your positive energy. :)
We have an ADR this Sunday at Cape May, so we will get our BC "fix" that will last us until we return in March for our first BC stay in three years. We can't wait. :woohoo:

That was one expensive Christmas gift!!!:eek:

Total change from carpets to bedding, colors, bathrooms, etc. Every resort gets rooms rehabbed on a schedule. I think it's every five years but not sure. Gotta keep them looking fresh and good!

When they do the rehab, do they just keep the same color scheme and same patterns? or is everything completely different? Like different patterns and colors on the rugs.

I'm assuming that the BC will still be light and YC be dark.

Hi! We are headed to the BC SV CL (I think I got that right!) from April 26 - May 4! It's our first trip to the BC and I'm very excited! We've stayed at the Poly, AKL, POR (princess room for one night), CSR, and the ASMo (for one night). My DH wanted the Poly again because of the monorail, but it wasn't available for when we could go with the spring discount. We are a family of 5, so we are limited as to where we can stay without truly breaking the bank. Darn 3rd child! LOL! We usually do the deluxe dining plan, but our oldest will be 10 and she in no way eats like an adult. So, we are going to pay OOP. The only difference in our eating plan is that we are scheduling way fewer character meals. We had 6 last time and are doing 3 this time. Can't wait for our trip!!!

Oh, and we haven't told our kids yet! We surprised them last time a few weeks out and we want to surprise them again this time. Their reactions were kind of funny! We haven't purchased airline tickets yet as we may add on a couple of day at US before the disney part. It depends on what flight prices look like. Once we secure airfare, we will be in a position to spill the beans.

I have a question about something I saw way earlier in the thread about the BOG fast pass for lunch. I know they are not out yet for April/May, but I was poking around on the link and I couldn't figure out what the "reservation ID" was. I entered my reservation confirmation number from my resort reservation, but it wouldn't take it. Too many characters. So where do I get the reservation ID? How does this work?

We have done it twice. It is a must for any Disneyaholic. You will look at things in a whole different light afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter