2016 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: September 14 - November 14, 2016

We are going to be at Disney for a week during the FWF I have never been what can I expect? Is it anything the kids will enjoy or primarily adults?

We are going to be at Disney for a week during the FWF I have never been what can I expect? Is it anything the kids will enjoy or primarily adults?

It depends on if your kids like to try different types of food. F&W basically adds kiosks of different countries through Epcot for a chance to sample food and drink tapas style.

We love F&W time at Epcot!

So I wasn't planning going during f&w but dates were announced after I booked hotel. I will be there the first day. It's my last full day of vacation though. I only planned one day at Epcot because I have two little kids (6 and 1) both are vegetarians (can't get them to eat meat at all), and so the food really isn't their thing and I know I could do Epcot in a day. But with f&w being there should I possibly try a half day at Epcot to get in the food I like trying? Is the first day usually insanely packed? I've only been to WDW 1 time and this is husbands first visit.

This is an incredibly popular event with locals. My experience is that the first evening is generally very busy. During the day it's not bad, but once work gets out and the after 5 passes can get in.... all bets are off :)

Has anyone heard or read anything about the 2016 f&w premium package? Me and the gf are booked at beach club from the 20th-31 of october and would love to do this the mon-thurs that its offered.

No news yet. But I will say that we did the package last year and LOVED it. I plan to book it again.

I know several people who booked the premium package and none of them were as impressed as people on this thread.

For me it would only be worth it if it was available during the weekends when the lines were long, but... Monday at 11, there's generally a very short line and no real problem finding a place to eat :)

I can't find the original post, but if you are wondering if this is a good event for kids...
It worked great for my family. Our youngest (aged 9 at the time) loved the Agent P's adventure game. We would play the game, discover some cool things, and then have some food. I liked playing as much as the kids. There are some offerings that a kid palate would like more than others, but it is easy enough to find something while strolling around the world showcase.

Last edited:
I know several people who booked the premium package and none of them were as impressed as people on this thread.

For me it would only be worth it if it was available during the weekends when the lines were long, but... Monday at 11, there's generally a very short line and no real problem finding a place to eat :)

I completely agree with you and would add M-Th at 11:00 - 3:00 or so.

I completely agree with you and would add M-Th at 11:00 - 3:00 or so.

Yeah, that's why spending the first half of the day at one park and then coming to Epcot around lunch or after to spend the other half is when you'll get the most out of the PP. I do agree that the PP needs to extend into the weekends, and I never understood why Disney ends the PP after Thursday.

Yeah, that's why spending the first half of the day at one park and then coming to Epcot around lunch or after to spend the other half is when you'll get the most out of the PP. I do agree that the PP needs to extend into the weekends, and I never understood why Disney ends the PP after Thursday.

Agreed it may be of greater value if you are going to spend the rest of the afternoon at EPCOT.

We do spend our first half of the day at another park (unless it is our scheduled day at EPCOT for FW). We arrive from the other park around 11:00 - 11:30 and sometimes as late as noon. M-TH (and oftentimes even Friday and Sunday at the same time) we have never had an issue with queues being outrageous or a lack of spaces at which to munch.

Disney won't extend it through the weekend because it is far too crowded and the waits for those with the PP would be nearly as long (if not longer) than those without--the runners still have to queue for the food line. There would likely be many more people willing to pay for that privilege and the designated dining areas would not accommodate that many people. Then there is the issue of keeping other guests out of the designated areas without creating drama. :headache:

Honestly, what is of value to one, holds none for the other. We manage to hit all the kiosks during our stay and even do some repeats (rule #1--no repeats until we have hit each and every one :worship:). We would not spend an entire afternoon at WS either--we strike early, grab food/drink from 2-4 kiosks and head to the pool. I will say though--when it is raining, those designated areas with umbrellas AND a runner might be nice.

Thank you for all those links!!! Hopefully this will strike a chord with the other member of my party as they love French food as well.

I'll make sure to book the Parisian Breakfast as soon as the dates go up.

It sounds like you may not have experienced the crazy Food and Wine booking frenzy so.... Assuming nothing changes.....

In it's infinite wisdom Disney does ALL the booking for ALL the events on one day. So you and 100,000 of your closest friends are all trying to get on the phone with Disney at the same time. There are actually two days of crazy... day 1 is the booking for DVC, AP and Disney Chase Credit cards (I think) A few days later they open it up to the general public. (NOTE: If you fall in group one and don't get what you want, don't panic Disney does not release all "seats' for early booking regardless of what the cast member tells you! see below for "clueless")

Last year a very few events were available for online booking but I don't think the Parisian Breakfast was one of them. There will be entire threads dedicated to the following

1. phone wait times (I have waited over an hour)
2. phone system issues (Disney's IT runs the phones apparently so expect issues)
3. Clueless cast members. Disney apparently does not give the dining booking agents any training or even a warning that all "heck" is getting ready to break loose! In addition, Disney often sells things without having a clue what they plan to provide (Premium package last year was a prime example!)

It's basically unbelievable how badly this is run. And yet we keep coming back and selling the popular events out in hours (Yes I know I am one of the guilty LOL!)

Good Luck. Be prepared for frustration....

It sounds like you may not have experienced the crazy Food and Wine booking frenzy so.... Assuming nothing changes.....

In it's infinite wisdom Disney does ALL the booking for ALL the events on one day. So you and 100,000 of your closest friends are all trying to get on the phone with Disney at the same time. There are actually two days of crazy... day 1 is the booking for DVC, AP and Disney Chase Credit cards (I think) A few days later they open it up to the general public. (NOTE: If you fall in group one and don't get what you want, don't panic Disney does not release all "seats' for early booking regardless of what the cast member tells you! see below for "clueless")

Last year a very few events were available for online booking but I don't think the Parisian Breakfast was one of them. There will be entire threads dedicated to the following

1. phone wait times (I have waited over an hour)
2. phone system issues (Disney's IT runs the phones apparently so expect issues)
3. Clueless cast members. Disney apparently does not give the dining booking agents any training or even a warning that all "heck" is getting ready to break loose! In addition, Disney often sells things without having a clue what they plan to provide (Premium package last year was a prime example!)

It's basically unbelievable how badly this is run. And yet we keep coming back and selling the popular events out in hours (Yes I know I am one of the guilty LOL!)

Good Luck. Be prepared for frustration....

LOL. I guess it is kind of obvious it is my first time trying to book a dining package...I went a few years ago to F&W but we went to the booths instead. I didn't realize the Parisian Breakfast was very popular- I'm just a pastry kind of girl. We are passholders this year so thanks for the heads up about the early reservation not having all of the seats allotted (I probably would have given up if I called the first day and the cast member said they were booked). I started getting worried when a Cast member asked me if I wanted to book events for F&W when I booked hotel reservations, and I thought I better do some research. So I am trying to get as knowledgeable as I can as like you said it will probably be crazy when the events open up and I probably should know exactly what I am doing then. If you have any tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

LOL. I guess it is kind of obvious it is my first time trying to book a dining package...I went a few years ago to F&W but we went to the booths instead. I didn't realize the Parisian Breakfast was very popular- I'm just a pastry kind of girl. We are passholders this year so thanks for the heads up about the early reservation not having all of the seats allotted (I probably would have given up if I called the first day and the cast member said they were booked). I started getting worried when a Cast member asked me if I wanted to book events for F&W when I booked hotel reservations, and I thought I better do some research. So I am trying to get as knowledgeable as I can as like you said it will probably be crazy when the events open up and I probably should know exactly what I am doing then. If you have any tips, I would greatly appreciate it.

From my experience, I have learned to do the following:
1. Research the available events. Make a list of the ones you want.
2. Write out the full name (per Disney), date, time, location, and cost.
3. Add up the cost and reevaluate as necessary.
4. List the events in order of priority and/or popularity. Posters here can give you an idea of what sells out fastest.
5. Have all of this information typed out on a sheet of paper when you call. It's 4am here when reservations open, so I need all the help I can get. Also, CM may not be able to find the correct event if you do not have the EXACT name of the event. And things may sell out while you are on the phone, hence the advice in #4.
6. Have cc out and ready before dialing.
7. If you can, have others call in too, or use several phones. Don't hang up the other lines immediately after the first one is answered; the calls drop sometimes.
8. Write down all reservation confirmation numbers. It can save major headaches in the future.
9. Be nice.
10. If you are told your event is sold out, try calling back another day. There have been instances where a CM happens to 'find' a reservation for a sold out event.

Good luck!

1. Research the available events. Make a list of the ones you want.
2. Write out the full name (per Disney), date, time, location, and cost.
3. Add up the cost and reevaluate as necessary.
4. List the events in order of priority and/or popularity. Posters here can give you an idea of what sells out fastest.
5. Have all of this information typed out on a sheet of paper when you call. It's 4am here when reservations open, so I need all the help I can get. Also, CM may not be able to find the correct event if you do not have the EXACT name of the event. And things may sell out while you are on the phone, hence the advice in #4.
6. Have cc out and ready before dialing.
7. If you can, have others call in too, or use several phones. Don't hang up the other lines immediately after the first one is answered; the calls drop sometimes.
8. Write down all reservation confirmation numbers. It can save major headaches in the future.
9. Be nice.
10. If you are told your event is sold out, try calling back another day. There have been instances where a CM happens to 'find' a reservation for a sold out event.

Good luck!

Thank you!!! I will definitely take you up on your advice on being organized, and while its not nearly as early here, I'm not much of a morning person, so I fear I'll need as much help as I can get too.

In it's infinite wisdom Disney does ALL the booking for ALL the events on one day. So you and 100,000 of your closest friends are all trying to get on the phone with Disney at the same time. There are actually two days of crazy... day 1 is the booking for DVC, AP and Disney Chase Credit cards (I think).

Last year, annual passholders, DVC members, and tables in wonderland members could make reservations two days prior to the general public; Disney Visa cardholders could call in one day prior. Some of the events were not available for the prebooking like the reserved tables and wine view lounge for party for the senses.

If you have a Disney Visa and your receive an e-mail with a priority phone number for F&W reservations, don't' use it! I used the "special" number last year and it connected with the regular queue for resort reservations, dining reservations, etc. By the time I made it through all of the prompts, the hold time was over an hour.

Every year, I promise myself I'm not going through all of the hassle and just book the standard seminars but I'm the phone every year trying to book a special event.

Wish I had this advice last year. I wanted to book the wine and beer tasting at Via Napoli and didn't have the exact name as it was listed on the website. I didn't think the cm was going to find it. I knew it was in the system as people on the boards were reporting that they had booked the date I was looking for. I knew the approximate price and that helped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter