2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

So I decided to calculate how many bibs/people were in each corral for the half marathon. Apologies for the #math. Your results may vary based upon no-shows and people moving back corrals!

Corral Half-Bibs GSC-bibs TOTAL
Elite 21 11 32
A 260 200 460
B 295 205 500
C 593 408 1001
D 576 424 1000
E 563 437 1000

Good luck and have fun everyone!

Thanks for doing this! Fortunately I saw it before I started my calculations. :P

I'll be in Corral E for the Glass Slipper Challenge - my first Disney races!

After reviewing the corrals, it appears this year they put all the people who did not submit a time with those who did. I was in corral I last year and submitted the same time this year and was placed in L. It seems a little odd that there were 1600 GSC runners submitted a proof of time of 2:50 (I know it was just what they entered into the system). I would have been better off not submitting a time but last year it matter that I did. I wish they would have informed us before they were changing it up.

After reviewing the corrals, it appears this year they put all the people who did not submit a time with those who did. I was in corral I last year and submitted the same time this year and was placed in L. It seems a little odd that there were 1600 GSC runners submitted a proof of time of 2:50 (I know it was just what they entered into the system). I would have been better off not submitting a time but last year it matter that I did. I wish they would have informed us before they were changing it up.
I was wondering this too. We submitted the same time for this race as we had for W&D 15 and for that we were given corral D and this one we are corral G. Thought maybe people were just faster for this race.

For the 2015 Princess, I put the fastest time I could without proof and wound up in L (so 4 more corrals behind me). My friend submitted a proof of time that was much slower than what they required for proof (so slower than what I said I could do). Yet she was in J. From what I see, they take all proofs of time and slot them according to pace. Then everyone that did not submit POT is put in the back 4 or so corrals and spread out based on the time they stated.

I'm seeing the same thing - in years past it seemed like if you submitted a POT you were put in a corral ahead of those that didn't. Due to rescheduling of a race, we used a previous Disney half as POT (very slow race, partially due to stopping for lots of pictures). Based on previous experience I thought we'd be in a corral ahead of those that did not submit POT. Lesson learned - if your race time is not better than 2:45, don't submit POT :)

At Star Wars, the cashier did not honor my WDW pass for discounts on official merch. Said it was premier or Disneyland only.

So ... not sure what this means.

Huh. That's quite odd. Not to say they couldn't have changed it for 2017, but I feel like there might have been more outcry over it. I never felt like it was that big of a secret. Just that it wasn't openly advertised. This is the first I've heard of someone being denied the discount.

I do know it was definitely being done last year and the CM I got at first didn't know it was allowed. He had to ask another CM who thankfully knew it was (and didn't hesitate to confirm). Scanned my DLR pass with no issue and it applied the discount.

I can call runDisney soon and double check to see if there was a change in policy that's gone under the radar. I'll be pretty sad if they've changed it =/

I'm will not be running, but I'm in Corral E for the half.

So, for anyone playing along at home - I was issued Bib# 2130.

I submitted a 1:40:28 10-Miler, which is a 2:14:00 half marathon equivalent, according to McMillan. On my ESTIMATED time, I put 2:11-2:15.

My friend put in a 1:44:30 10-Miler, but in her ESTIMATED, she selected 2:30:00. She is bibbed in Corral H, when McMillan would estimate the conversion as a 2:19:00 Half, putting her in Corral F. She is the fifth bib number in Corral H.

I ONLY BRING THIS UP BECAUSE ...

Everything is computed and automated. WHAT YOU PUT AS YOUR ESTIMATED TIME IS HOW YOU ARE INITIALLY SORTED.

Think of it as buckets. It's easier to assign people in smaller batches.

RunDisney will move you back, but they certainly won't move you up based on what you think you will finish the race in.

Good luck, everybody. If anyone wants to pretend to be me, they're more than welcome to my bib! :D

Yes. And that means to wear something that you can easily try it on over! Even if it's cold and you're bundled up, have a thin layer on underneath so you can try it on in as close to a "real life" situation as possible.

I usually do this anyway, since it's Florida and hot, but it's a great tip. I am the girl crouched in the corner with a pile of stuff trying on shirts.

Each specific type of clothing has its own sizing consistency LOL. Try things on.

Definitely true. I have runDisney merchandise shirts that are the same size, but one is huge and one fits. It's okay, because sometimes I like huge shirts. They are comfy!

I submitted a 1:40:28 10-Miler, which is a 2:14:00 half marathon equivalent, according to McMillan. On my ESTIMATED time, I put 2:11-2:15.

My friend put in a 1:44:30 10-Miler, but in her ESTIMATED, she selected 2:30:00. She is bibbed in Corral H, when McMillan would estimate the conversion as a 2:19:00 Half, putting her in Corral F. She is the fifth bib number in Corral H.

Everything is computed and automated. WHAT YOU PUT AS YOUR ESTIMATED TIME IS HOW YOU ARE INITIALLY SORTED.

RunDisney will move you back, but they certainly won't move you up based on what you think you will finish the race in.

Good luck, everybody. If anyone wants to pretend to be me, they're more than welcome to my bib! :D

Interesting!

More fun RunDisney Conspiracy Corner - so interesting. I really think you're on to something... thank you for sharing this. It's good to keep this in mind as we register with our POT going forward!

More fun RunDisney Conspiracy Corner - so interesting. I really think you're on to something... thank you for sharing this. It's good to keep this in mind as we register with our POT going forward!

Oh, it's not conspiracy.

For three race weekends, I've ended up on the low end of a higher corral because I was more aggressive with my estimated. THAT SAID, I also provided a legit PoT.

I have a 1:03:26 10K and a 1:40:28 10-Miler. If you use McMillan, you'll see a HUGE difference.

For three race weekends, I've ended up on the low end of a higher corral because I was more aggressive with my estimated. THAT SAID, I also provided a legit PoT.

Yes you did! I am thinking now of how I'm submitting my POT and may adjust this as I do my race submissions.... I really need to sit back and see how I'm doing this. I want to make sure that i'm not missing out of an opportunity!

Yes you did! I am thinking now of how I'm submitting my POT and may adjust this as I do my race submissions.... I really need to sit back and see how I'm doing this. I want to make sure that i'm not missing out of an opportunity!

McMillan Calculator is your friend.

And the "sweet spot" distance is the 10-Miler. If you can find one of those, RUN IT.

But be aggressive in your estimated - it's better to be the last bib in a good corral, instead of the first bib in a lower corral.

The Merrells I thought would be awesome are not. And I already returned my ADORABLE but little prison-cage "fresh foam" NBs. Tomorrow I'll be making some big orders of a variety of shoes (Altra! other Merrells!) in the hopes that something works and I don't have to be in my old and busted Nike Free 4s again.

So sorry, I was speaking about the half. And at Disneyland they don't have such a big display due to city location or something.

The 10K (for princess last year) had fireworks in each corral. Except ours. Which were duds. I was in a middle corral and the fireworks went off for each before and after. And for ours it was just a big silence then SIGH as we realized we got nothin'.

Haha! We must have been in the same corral. I'm still bitter! >:(

I know, right?

Thought maybe people were just faster for this race.

I believe I've read that Princess is a slower field than other rundisney events.

Lesson learned - if your race time is not better than 2:45, don't submit POT :)

Ayep.

Keels I'm sorry you aren't running. But a girl's gotta have standards*, and your standards did not like those medals!

(* it's rare to work in a Real Genius quote in this day and age...)

And the "sweet spot" distance is the 10-Miler. If you can find one of those, RUN IT.

OH Tower of Terror, if only you still existed...

McMillan Calculator is your friend.

But be aggressive in your estimated - it's better to be the last bib in a good corral, instead of the first bib in a lower corral.
Good point! I'm one corral lower than W&D with the same times. I'm 30 numbers into the lower corral too. Interesting....

The Merrells I thought would be awesome are not. And I already returned my ADORABLE but little prison-cage "fresh foam" NBs. Tomorrow I'll be making some big orders of a variety of shoes (Altra! other Merrells!) in the hopes that something works and I don't have to be in my old and busted Nike Free 4s again.

You are very brave ordering shoes online! I have to try them on at the store and run around. I have a pair of NB fresh foam and love them. Those are the ones I'm wearing for the 1/2. I have found a love for NB shoes. I used to wear Brooks, but they changed the toe box of their shoes and even the wide width is tight on my foot. I just bought another pair of NB 720 at DSW for $60 and my DH couldn't believe such a cheap shoe would be comfortable for me. I told him just because the shoe is expensive doesn't mean it's better!!!

You are very brave ordering shoes online! I have to try them on at the store and run around. I have a pair of NB fresh foam and love them. Those are the ones I'm wearing for the 1/2. I have found a love for NB shoes. I used to wear Brooks, but they changed the toe box of their shoes and even the wide width is tight on my foot. I just bought another pair of NB 720 at DSW for $60 and my DH couldn't believe such a cheap shoe would be comfortable for me. I told him just because the shoe is expensive doesn't mean it's better!!!

Ordering online is great as many company have free shipping both ways. With so many options most store locations can't carry all the different makes and models or sizes. I have gotten three pairs of shoes this week for an upcoming walking trip, no shipping fees and no time running around trying to find them in a store. I also can wear then around the house or on my treadmill giving me a better feel for how they will feel.

Ordering online is great as many company have free shipping both ways. With so many options most store locations can't carry all the different makes and models or sizes. I have gotten three pairs of shoes this week for an upcoming walking trip, no shipping fees and no time running around trying to find them in a store. I also can wear then around the house or on my treadmill giving me a better feel for how they will feel.

I guess I'm just not patient for shipping LOL!!! I have so many running stores around me, sporting good stores, DSW, etc. now that I live where I live. Where I lived in MA not so much. It was 30 minutes just to get to half decent shopping.

Thank you for posting this!!! I went into my Tink registration to double check I did the correct pace guess to match my proof right and not be too conservative. Freakily...my proof has me at 1:40:26 10 miles & half is 2:13:58. So we are like kind of pretty identical. Off by only 2 second. Weird! I made sure it was clicked on the 2:11-2:15. We will have to see how we wind up for Tink or if we end up in different corrals (assuming that 's the same proof that you used) #nomath

Congrats to all the princess runners for getting their waivers and assignments! Now I'll go back to lurking while I scream at my computer non-stop "show me the Tink medals!!!"

Last edited:
Quick question. DH and I are doing the 5k with my DD7. In the event guide on page 14 it says runner start at 6am, yet on page 15 it says 5:30. Any idea the correct time for start?
Playing along:
DH had a 58 minute 10K time and he is in Corral D for the half and I had a 1:03 10K time and I am in corral F.

I also learned at star wars a few weeks ago that for the challenge medal you don't need to hit the times. My DH spent the night before up with a stomach bug before the 10K so we did the 10K in 1:41. I was really scared for our challenge medals as the cut off time for 10K was 1:40. We still received them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter